Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Edit: the relatively high chance that we replicate the 10-30min period is the reason we a) won't win a title, and b) I'm so happy that Moga has fucked off. Blair to a lesser extent too.

I still don't think everyone in the team has the winning mentality. I'm not saying they have a losing one, maybe just more of a 'Jack-Wighton-"still-got-paid"' one. Or they aren't in the moment and are thinking about other things during a match

Last edited:
Yeah we couldn't buy a penalty in the second half and our forward passes were called up while Friend got away with every one of his but we played like shit. You can't serve up that defensive effort and those handling errors and stupid penalties and expect to win in the Finals. As I already said it's actually probably for the better that we lost now we have a chance to try to play ourselves into some form against a lesser team. Will never stop supporting but this year we are gonna need alot of things to start going our way if we are to win it. Stranger things have happened.

To anyone else who watched both NRL and 20's last night; was it just me or did our 20's halves game manage better than the top squad, particularly their short kicking game?

Game lost in first 20 mins .. i think we win next week... but week after in Melbourne... it would be difficult

Agree 100%. Kodi and Milf were building together well, with the emphasis on together, as well as individually.

I thought Benji was ok last night but Kodi at FB is for one, a bad move for mine. Our FB needs to have a mouth and defensive nous, which is Boyd's chief strength, and why we defend a lot better with him at the back. I couldn't believe how abysmal the line defence was last night. Swiss cheese. Players didn't know who to defend. Talk about bad reads. That in itself is a worry that we rely on Boyd so much.

I still don't get why Kahu isn't playing FB when he used to contribute so much to that role when Boyd was out for his achilles injury.

The defence on Mitchell for their last try was U-20's or worse, both to let it happen, and to let him through.

Oh well, back to the old drawing board

Groin for Kahu needs a month or two off by looks of it. Guy is playing on one leg. See that in his goal kicking too. He was slower than me at fullback earlier in year. Love his effort but can see he and Oates aren't right.

Interesting that even though they won, I still didn't really notice Mitchell Pearce out there. Maybe because the commentators only wanted to talk about Latrell Mitchell for 80 minutes? But I can guarantee if we had come away with the win the knives would have been out for him. He really does go missing in big games.

Agree 100%. Kodi and Milf were building together well, with the emphasis on together, as well as individually.

I thought Benji was ok last night but Kodi at FB is for one, a bad move for mine. Our FB needs to have a mouth and defensive nous, which is Boyd's chief strength, and why we defend a lot better with him at the back. I couldn't believe how abysmal the line defence was last night. Swiss cheese. Players didn't know who to defend. Talk about bad reads. That in itself is a worry that we rely on Boyd so much.

I still don't get why Kahu isn't playing FB when he used to contribute so much to that role when Boyd was out for his achilles injury.

The defence on Mitchell for their last try was U-20's or worse, both to let it happen, and to let him through.

Oh well, back to the old drawing board

The worst tackling I've ever seen was Blair on cordner. What's this going in high trying to hug him? Blair does a standard low tackle and that play is dead. If anyone wants to tackle high then they should watch how hunt does it. Commits 100% to it.

To me it looked like his first idea was to pass at every opportunity but forgot to look for the running opportunities. When he did decide to run, he had too many defenders covering.

He could have passed to Moga at times as well down that left side we looked dangerous when he did pass it. Milf just needs to learn when to run it like last week it was ok because he saw opportunities and then last night he just chose to run it himself nearly every time on a defence that shut him down every time.

Last edited:
If bennett doesn't sort Blair out for the next game then he's got some explaining to do. Blair has been out of sorts for weeks now and if that howler against the eels wasn't enough to bench him then surely last nights same poor effort should be the nail in his run on coffin. The ridiculous offloads he's been attempting and tackling effort on cordner were embarrassing. He bulked up this season but he is still getting dominated by opposition props and now has lost his speed in doing so as well.

I thought he was good last week, then when he got the captain on him he went to shit this week

First of all, this game was not won by anyone, it was lost by the worst team, which was lucky to even come close in the score, much less actually be in front with less than 10 to go.

As much as I'd love to rip into Cecchin for his dubious calls and uneven measures, I can't get past the absolute crap dished out by our own players and gutless coach.

It starts with the mind boggling Meade at fullback for 20 mins decision, to "take the pressure of Kodi" according to Wayne. I mean, what the actual **** was that... a gutless leg up for the Chooks and one interchange less for us? Kodi did a great job out there, and should've been there from the start.

The Broncos rely heavily on their fullback for their defensive structures, and although the individuals were responsible for their own mistakes, missed tackles, and lazy efforts, the gigantic holes in our line were mainly due to the fact Meade didn't steer the guys around properly in defence. But that's not David's fault, it's 100% the coach.

The above may have had an impact on our abysmal line speed, which in turn gave Pearce and especially Keary, all the space they needed to tear us a new one. The fact they had their own players with brain fades, is the only reason we stayed within reach.

Our starting props were thoroughly dominated (to no one's surprise really), leaving Moose and Hunt out to dry, trying to stop their forwards from rolling through our middle third, forcing our Back rowers inside to help, leaving our edges at the mercy of their runners, while the lack of neurones from Moga ensured the opposition kept their foot on our throat.
Once Kodi and our bench forwards came in, we fixed some of this, but we kept letting ourselves down collectively with silly mistakes in possession of the ball, so blaming any individual is just silly.

Marshall could've done better in the end, but he got us in the lead, as could've Glenn, but he was one of the better Broncos, or Milford could've pulled another rabbit and played a more dominant role, etc... but none of that makes the above any different. Fact is, had the chooks scored those gimmies, we wouldn't have come close, and could've copped another disastrous score.

Gutless coach? How? Im not sure who hates Bennett more, you are Tallis.

I wish we still played like we did in 2015 :awwwman::fully:

We are going to be pretty hard to beat next year if we sort our pack out and get a cows 2015 like run with injury. The fact we lost by 2 points without our hooker and captain FB was impressive, especially when you take into consideration our starting props make 2m a run and now miss tackles you'd expect u8 HALVES to make.

Joffa needs to start next week. He has been impressing me for weeks, and could be a big minute, big unit prop like Wallace (he has more talent than Wallace).

That first try to Guerra can be put down to missing Boyd. The Roosters stacked their right hand side and Brisbane had 3 players marking up on Mitchell who was isolated on the other side of the field. The Guerra half-break put them at sixes and sevens and Blair came in on Keary when he didn't have to, giving the Roosters huge numbers for Guerra to score.

If Boyd had have been there, the defensive line would have been far better organised.

We are going to be pretty hard to beat next year if we sort our pack out and get a cows 2015 like run with injury. The fact we lost by 2 points without our hooker and captain FB was impressive, especially when you take into consideration our starting props make 2m a run and now miss tackles you'd expect u8 HALVES to make.

Joffa needs to start next week. He has been impressing me for weeks, and could be a big minute, big unit prop like Wallace (he has more talent than Wallace).

I reckon the players should be more disciplined and have a drinking ban as well, Joe was drinking Wednesday night at some party.

That first try to Guerra can be put down to missing Boyd. The Roosters stacked their right hand side and Brisbane had 3 players marking up on Mitchell who was isolated on the other side of the field. The Guerra half-break put them at sixes and sevens and Blair came in on Keary when he didn't have to, giving the Roosters huge numbers for Guerra to score.

If Boyd had have been there, the defensive line would have been far better organised.

Apparently kodi was training at full back all week only for bennett to pull a swifty on game day to start with mead. I don't even think mead has played or trained at fullback for years. No wonder our line was clueless, the guy who was training to make those calls was on the bench ffs. I think Wayne needs to just back kodi unconditionally. Pick and stick not shit the bed on game day.

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.