Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This team shits me... but I'll be watching eagerly again next week. The fuckers could just string a few wins together and I aint giving up on this team. Anyone who does could miss out on seeing something very special. We all know it.

Fuckin Broncos... What a funny ol year it's been.

until next week then.

true dat...

like they keep saying. Melbourne won't beat themselves...

Melbourne simply would not deliver a performance like that. like or not - they are at the top of their game. And the top of THE game. I would love for someone to blow the doors off the comp and beat them but damn it's gonna take some sort of kapow.
I agree that storm are the favourites but I don't think it would take some miracle game to beat the storm I think a lot of teams can beat the storm the issue is whether a team can play their best on the day and play for the full 80.

I think the storm are a very consistent team unlike every other team in the comp. If pretty much any team in the 8 puts 80mins together against the storm I think they win. Storm are great defensively but their offence is still reliant on set plays and to me that's just not enough against a team that is UP defensively.

If a team actually attacks the storm in attack and defence they win. Storm cannot withstand anything against the norm. They have basically set the standard of the way a team should play, yet this was never the way teams actually played ie wrestling and slowing the ruck.

When the storm come up against a high intensity team they fail... When they come up against a team that wants to play the way they play they win

Set plays that are perfectly executed are better than almost anything IMO. And when Storm execute them perfectly, you can't really stop it. The problem is they don't really have any competition. Us and the Roosters are the next 2 best sides and neither team can put in an 80 minute performance.... or even a 60 minute performance most of the time. If us or them get blessed by Jesus, Allah, Brad Pitt etc. all at the same time and the team puts in an 80 minute performance, that team could win, but I don't see it happening, since it hasn't even happened once this year.

Set plays that are perfectly executed are better than almost anything IMO. And when Storm execute them perfectly, you can't really stop it. The problem is they don't really have any competition. Us and the Roosters are the next 2 best sides and neither team can put in an 80 minute performance.... or even a 60 minute performance most of the time.
The only time set plays were better than anything was ~08?? when khunt led the comp for try assists because Broncos were able to put the sweep on whenever they wanted... and when we put it on he was able to pass, run or kick. It was basically unstoppable. The sweep is well defended nowadays and is only exploited when the offensive team has the numbers.

Storm can execute when they're on top but if their challenged in the forward battle they don't stand a chance. Their set plays are based on quick play the balls, which means winning the ruck. They have ZERO emphasis on second phase play. They build their game plan on manufacturing a quick play the ball and then quickly being in or setting up a formation to provide options to the playmakers to execute.

When they're behind they throw misdirected set plays at you and rarely rely on throwing offloads. If you see them throwing offloads you know they're at their last straw and have nothing else left ie last few minutes against sharks in the 16 GF

They are a team that relies almost entirely on winning the play the ball, whereas other teams can move to second phase play or high pressure defence and adapt rather well. Storm are set in their ways and have little flexibility

Kenny Edwards is going to Cannonball Cam Smiths knee tomorrow which will end their title hopes :glasscageofemotion:

Kenny Edwards is going to Cannonball Cam Smiths knee tomorrow which will end their title hopes :glasscageofemotion:

That's not good, does Cameron know?

Proud of your effort tonight Meady. There were many who doubted you but you gave everything in that opening 20.

First of all, this game was not won by anyone, it was lost by the worst team, which was lucky to even come close in the score, much less actually be in front with less than 10 to go.

As much as I'd love to rip into Cecchin for his dubious calls and uneven measures, I can't get past the absolute crap dished out by our own players and gutless coach.

It starts with the mind boggling Meade at fullback for 20 mins decision, to "take the pressure of Kodi" according to Wayne. I mean, what the actual **** was that... a gutless leg up for the Chooks and one interchange less for us? Kodi did a great job out there, and should've been there from the start.

The Broncos rely heavily on their fullback for their defensive structures, and although the individuals were responsible for their own mistakes, missed tackles, and lazy efforts, the gigantic holes in our line were mainly due to the fact Meade didn't steer the guys around properly in defence. But that's not David's fault, it's 100% the coach.

The above may have had an impact on our abysmal line speed, which in turn gave Pearce and especially Keary, all the space they needed to tear us a new one. The fact they had their own players with brain fades, is the only reason we stayed within reach.

Our starting props were thoroughly dominated (to no one's surprise really), leaving Moose and Hunt out to dry, trying to stop their forwards from rolling through our middle third, forcing our Back rowers inside to help, leaving our edges at the mercy of their runners, while the lack of neurones from Moga ensured the opposition kept their foot on our throat.
Once Kodi and our bench forwards came in, we fixed some of this, but we kept letting ourselves down collectively with silly mistakes in possession of the ball, so blaming any individual is just silly.

Marshall could've done better in the end, but he got us in the lead, as could've Glenn, but he was one of the better Broncos, or Milford could've pulled another rabbit and played a more dominant role, etc... but none of that makes the above any different. Fact is, had the chooks scored those gimmies, we wouldn't have come close, and could've copped another disastrous score.

That's not good, does Cameron know?

Proud of your effort tonight Meady. There were many who doubted you but you gave everything in that opening 20.
Cam doesnt know yet but it wont take long for him to realise his knees have a target on them.

Was really hoping for more one on one personal time with Keary to assassinate him completely out of the game but oh well

Marshall again costs us the game against the Roosters by going for the miracle kick instead of a simple draw and pass.

The whole team played shit, benji was one of the better players . The complete defense from the backs and forwards that's what costs us the game

If I'm honest I really don't like Benji at halfback, Kodi had a good game at fullback but I want him back in the 7, he and Milf work much better together.

Benji just seems to be hit and miss and messes with Milfs game.

Yea but milfs defense is way worse than benji

The defence all night was abysmal......very hard to win games with the mistake rate we had

...and yet,

we almost did.

Marshall's brain snaps at the end is the cost of having him in the side. 5 mins earlier .........
he almost won us the game.

Milf disappointed me.

Milf was shocking

Not too unhappy with the loss, as it was clear the unforced errors let us down. We had it over the Roosters otherwise.

It also means if win next week and then lose to Storm it will be in the prelim final which is preferable to losing to them in the GF imo.

At the fear of being captain obvious.......
We were missing
Boyd
TPJ
Simms
McCollough
First time EVER I am not emotionally devastated after a Broncos loss because I thought we were never going to win that game.
I knew it would be a high scoring game and be close and just like against the Titans the chooks would grab us at the end.
We all know Boyd missing killed us in defence but Simms and TPJ were a bigger loss around the middle, once our forwards got tied the holes appeared, it was almost identical to state of origin 1.
Hopefully Boyd & TPJ will be fit next week but they will both have to be a risk.
Last night, If Kahu started at 1, mead would have been 2 and we all saw what happened last time that occurred, the chooks would have exploited our right side big time. Mead surprised me when he crunched Keary, Niko wouldn't have done that.
Alex Glenn busted his balls for us and Blair busted us AGAIN.
Oates has become my new favourite player, I'm astonished at just how hard we tries for us, I'm still blown away by him scoring in the 80th minute from an inside ball from Kahuh on our right edge against Parra. WB says his motor isn't big enough to be in the back row. Really????
I've said it here before MILF lacks intestinal fortitude and to think he was once compared to the greatest of all time is WB's darkest moment.

Moga fustrates the shit out of me. He always gives dumb penalties away - bloody coconut head.

Looked rather deflated didn't he? Said he was the only one not cheering in the box when Oates scored because he felt Roosters would score again...

To me he looked like someon running out of ideas.

Yeah, the greatest coach in the game that has seen it all is running out of ideas. Nice try.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Big Del
  • LittleDavey
  • john1420
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • theshed
  • Lostboy
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.