POST GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Just watching a replay of the match winning try to Mitchell, what the hell was Roberts doing running backwards like that ? He was never going to stop any runner coming at him when all his weight was going backwards.

All Mitchell had to do was touch him and he was destined to fall flat on his arse. All this talk of an Inglis-like fend on Roberts is a little off the mark as it seemed to be all Roberts doing himself [emoji53]

Just watching a replay of the match winning try to Mitchell, what the hell was Roberts doing running backwards like that ? He was never going to stop any runner coming at him when all his weight was going backwards.

All Mitchell had to do was touch him and he was destined to fall flat on his arse. All this talk of an Inglis-like fend on Roberts is a little off the mark as it seemed to be all Roberts doing himself [emoji53]
This is what Mitchell said after the game about that try
‌"I was tired. I was just like 'here we go; I've got to run now'," he said of the try.
"I had Jimmy Roberts in front of me and he was aggressive all night and I don't know how to put it into words, but he just had that look about him. He stuffed up with one of his movements and I just went with it. A gap opened up and I just went with instinct and took the ball.
"You've sort of got to get your head around Jimmy Roberts. He's one of the fastest players in the NRL, and with speed to burn, you've got to be patient with him and let him make a decision before you make a decision."
http://www.nrl.com/mitchells-amazing-match-winning-try/tabid/10874/newsid/111948/default.aspx

‌"I was tired. I was just like 'here we go; I've got to run now'," he said of the try.
"I had Jimmy Roberts in front of me and he was aggressive all night and I don't know how to put it into words, but he just had that look about him. He stuffed up with one of his movements and I just went with it. A gap opened up and I just went with instinct and took the ball.
"You've sort of got to get your head around Jimmy Roberts. He's one of the fastest players in the NRL, and with speed to burn, you've got to be patient with him and let him make a decision before you make a decision."
http://www.nrl.com/mitchells-amazing-match-winning-try/tabid/10874/newsid/111948/default.aspx

So latrell was tired as by then and crapping himself at the thought of jimmys pace and we still can't somehow utilise this to our favour. He's such a weapon that we don't know how to use.

So latrell was tired as by then and crapping himself at the thought of jimmys pace and we still can't somehow utilise this to our favour. He's such a weapon that we don't know how to use.

And even not knowing how to use him he has managed 17 tries this year, his best ever personal tally...

What would he be like if we could somehow find a way to get him some quality ball as a primary option not a back up option, where he has to try and make lemonade from the lemons he is being given...

We can't put this loss on missing players.

If we played to our potential or even 80% of our potential, we win easily.

We went up against a side that have been very ordinary and unable to string together an 80 minute performance.

They gave us our chances to win.

We went up against a side that have been very ordinary and unable to string together an 80 minute performance.

Totally agree.

We handed that win to the Roosters.

It wasn't the ONLY factor but missing Boyd, McCullough, Sims, Pangai Jr and fiddling around with the side was definitely a factor.

It wasn't the ONLY factor but missing Boyd, McCullough, Sims, Pangai Jr and fiddling around with the side was definitely a factor.
No place for fiddling in the finals [emoji53]

I agree that storm are the favourites but I don't think it would take some miracle game to beat the storm I think a lot of teams can beat the storm the issue is whether a team can play their best on the day and play for the full 80.

I think the storm are a very consistent team unlike every other team in the comp. If pretty much any team in the 8 puts 80mins together against the storm I think they win. Storm are great defensively but their offence is still reliant on set plays and to me that's just not enough against a team that is UP defensively.

If a team actually attacks the storm in attack and defence they win. Storm cannot withstand anything against the norm. They have basically set the standard of the way a team should play, yet this was never the way teams actually played ie wrestling and slowing the ruck.

When the storm come up against a high intensity team they fail... When they come up against a team that wants to play the way they play they win

Point is a lot of teams have had a crack all season and they have only lost 4 games.
Got surprised by Titans and beat by the sharks. The other 2 losses were when they were missing Origin players.
Lots of theories on how to beat them but they keep winning anyway. Same story with Origin over the last 10 years. NSW keep blaming their coaches and players but truth is there is no coincidence that the core storm players are the same core Qld players that keep winning.
Parra had a real crack today but they got back in it and defended their way to a win and scored when they got the chance.
If we defend like that we win more games

Agree 100%. Kodi and Milf were building together well, with the emphasis on together, as well as individually.

I thought Benji was ok last night but Kodi at FB is for one, a bad move for mine. Our FB needs to have a mouth and defensive nous, which is Boyd's chief strength, and why we defend a lot better with him at the back. I couldn't believe how abysmal the line defence was last night. Swiss cheese. Players didn't know who to defend. Talk about bad reads. That in itself is a worry that we rely on Boyd so much.

I still don't get why Kahu isn't playing FB when he used to contribute so much to that role when Boyd was out for his achilles injury.

The defence on Mitchell for their last try was U-20's or worse, both to let it happen, and to let him through.

Oh well, back to the old drawing board

Will you just get out of my head!!
It's creepy

I understand we can't win the premiership every year okay, but I look at the Melbourne Storm and that team every year you can deadset say can and will win the premiership. They are unbelievably consistent and absolutely will not tolerate anything less then perfection. They play EVERY game at 110% and give their fans so much confidence and satisfaction EVERY season and their fans know that yes we are the best team in the NRL and we will fucking win the premiership etc. Shit happens and like last year's GF they lost but my point is can we say all this about the Broncos? What I'm hearing lately is, it's okay, we lost, it's just not their year but there's plenty to look forward to and next year we'll be better etc. To me, that sounds like people settle for mediocrity and settle for just a good effort. The effort is 99% of the time there with our boys, I never really dispute our effort but what i do question is our desire, our hunger, our self belief and confidence. We can't win every game, yes ofcourse, but we CAN absolutely dish up something better then we did in last night's finals game if we truly wanted to win the premiership.

Take Smith Cronk Slater out of that team and see what happens. Let's see where they are in 3 years when they are all gone. It's easier to build a team around 3 of the greatest players ever to lace a boot. Even with them they have one premiership to show for it...

Spot on freak

Waking up this morning and just knowing the Broncos can't and won't win the premiership is so frustrating and deflating because even though we haven't been really consistent this season, at times I saw enough to know we CAN win the premiership.

How long until our club wins another premiership? How long can we wait? How long until the players play to their potential with a killer instinct and hunger that cannot be matched by the opposition?

Bloody ruins our weekend as well, and the other mother f***ers that go for other clubs tag you in all these memes about roberts getting palmed off and other shit i hope panthers win tonight so i can rub it in his face

It seems Latrell is smarter than he looks

Who says that? After 2012 it was Melbourne are too old, too predictable and a few would even tip them to miss the 8. This has really been the first time they've looked a cut above since the salary cap drama.

They've had 15 seasons under the one coach, in a system built around 3 legends of the game in key positions and haven't strayed from any path. In contrast the Broncos have had four different coaching tenures at that time, had to farewell a legend, lost their way at some point and have been rebuilding since 2013.

The Broncos are still one of the most consistent clubs in the competition under Bennett and will in all likelihood be right up there again in 2018.

Saw something the other day that said we have more games in the last 3 years since Bennetts return than any other team except storm. Pretty good consistency. Just gotta win the important ones

It doesnt help as well our halfbacks shuffling around all season in 2015 we stuck with 1 and got to the GF. Hopefully next season we just stick with the one (Kodi).

Saw something the other day that said we have more games in the last 3 years since Bennetts return than any other team except storm. Pretty good consistency. Just gotta win the important ones
Bennett instantly made the team a contender again. What more can he do? It's up to players to go the extra mile to claim the silverware. The Broncos have done well this year considering the injuries to every single member of the spine. They are finished (probably next week) but with a full squad, they would have given it a shake.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.