Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I was really happy after the game for the defence we had. We were really limiting their meters and showed real aggression. The only way that Panthers could get any momentum was through penalties and some very questionable at that.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
The Oates incident?

It wasn't play on. And there is one simple reason why.

When he loses the ball, it makes contact with Milford who was in front of him. That's accidental offside and play is ALWAYS stopped for that as it's a scrum to the defending team.

So, the people blowing up saying it should have been play on? They are wrong. It wasn't.

Even if it didn't make contact with Milford, Oates was knocked out cold. The ONLY priority then should be to take care of him and that requires a stoppage of play. Jesus christ, he could have had a far more serious injury and people are complaining it wasn't play on?
You could also argue, that he was firstly knocked out than secondly loses the ball.
When a player is knocked out or seriously injured, play stops. So anything after the knock out or serious injury is not a play on. I can't get over Paul Kent and Gasnier talking about it last night, really proud of Kevin walters sticking it to them it's as simple as player welfare.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
You could also argue, that he was firstly knocked out than secondly loses the ball.
When a player is knocked out or seriously injured, play stops. So anything after the knock out or serious injury is not a play on. I can't get over Paul Kent and Gasnier talking about it last night, really proud of Kevin walters sticking it to them it's as simple as player welfare.

Me too. Could not have been prouder of Kevvie. The look on his face, you could see he couldn't believe he was hearing this bullshit.

kat00

kat00

NYC Player
Apr 25, 2014
I can't get over Paul Kent and Gasnier talking about it last night, really proud of Kevin walters sticking it to them it's as simple as player welfare.

They are morons, plain and simply.
If it had have been a Sharks player or a Dragons played knocked their attitude's would have been very different.
Both put the slipper into the Broncs at every opportunity.
Gritty win but gee we miss Mccollough tying the middle up in defence. If we could tighten the middle up I reckon we could beat Melb but I just can't see our front row getting it done.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
They are morons, plain and simply.
If it had have been a Sharks player or a Dragons played knocked their attitude's would have been very different.
Both put the slipper into the Broncs at every opportunity.
Gritty win but gee we miss Mccollough tying the middle up in defence. If we could tighten the middle up I reckon we could beat Melb but I just can't see our front row getting it done.
If Boyd and TPJ are back there could be a chance that Wayne will throw Thaiday in at starting hooker again and get Hunt to come off the bench.

I actually wouldn't mind this against the big Storm pack.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Some real sad sacks here. NEWS FLASH...Broncos won! They played 10 times better than last week. They weren't perfect but showed real resolve. Moga and Mead were great and for the most part so was everyone else. Minus one weak arm tackle by Benji and they kept their opponent scoreless.

Will the Storm lose sleep worrying about next week? Not likely but you have to be in it to win it and stranger things have happened. Turn the smile upside down frowners and enjoy a win for **** sake.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
If Boyd and TPJ are back there could be a chance that Wayne will throw Thaiday in at starting hooker again and get Hunt to come off the bench.

I don't think we will see that. If we are to beat the Storm I think we need to score points early and Hunt is one of our most potent players in that department.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Some real sad sacks here. NEWS FLASH...Broncos won! They played 10 times better than last week. They weren't perfect but showed real resolve. Moga and Mead were great and for the most part so was everyone else. Minus one weak arm tackle by Benji and they kept their opponent scoreless.

Will the Storm lose sleep worrying about next week? Not likely but you have to be in it to win it and stranger things have happened. Turn the smile upside down frowners and enjoy a win for **** sake.
Reading the posts you'd think we were knocked out of the finals. Attitude and belief wins finals, not 10/10 performances by every player. A ball got dropped and the broncos were the first to jump on it, our scramble defence was unreal, we had 1 player left on the bench, and we showed the fight that can win a premiership. Every team left in the finals has enough talent to beat any other team. It's the drive, attitude and belief with a good game plan mixed in.

We didn't play good enough to beat Melbourne tonight everyone but here's a newsflash, we weren't playing Melbourne last night! We fixed up our weakness (defence, although mogas rushing in may still haunt us and Marshall has the odd arm grab: blair was a giant in defence in his second stint along with McGuire, hunt (!), and Thaiday). We can score PLENTY of points if we need too.

We haven't played Melbourne in a finals match since 2009. They have been playing at 95% all season. We know what they will bring. Everyone is kidding themselves if they don't think Bennett hasn't saved a game plan for Melbourne in the finals. Melbourne should have won a lot more premierships with the immortals in their team and wrestling superiority but Bellamy shows all his cards throughout the season. Bennett saves his for games like this. Whether it works is a 50/50 but if it does we pull off the unexpected rather then left wondering...

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Who starts at prop though?

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Lol. Fair enough. I just don't like the call at all on principle. Oates and Milford totally stuffed up and should not be advantaged (stopping the runaway Penrith try) because Oates is concussed.

I normally agree play the whistle. But there are limits.

Player safety in a situation like that is the only thing that mattered.

If he vomits into his lungs while play carries on or someone steps on him and messes his spinal cord how would that play not only for the poor player but the officials and the NRL. How do you get kids to play a game like NRL after parents see Panthers dancing at their try while Oates is out cold?

Besides play was affected. Broncos players stopped because of appropriate concern as did refs. Panthers saw same thing and couldn't care less by looks of it.

Freddie was being a biased prick as usual. If situations were reversed the channel nine commentary would only focus on the poor Panthers player and how could Broncs think of playing on.

BTW panthers took the piss when May did his knee. Had time to go from hospital and back for an MRI in the time it took them to decide to leave the field.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
BTW panthers took the piss when May did his knee. Had time to go from hospital and back for an MRI in the time it took them to decide to leave the field.

This is starting to become an issue and it's something the NRL needs to start cracking down on.

Players that are sin binned, players coming off for injury & head knocks taking forever to get off the field which disadvantages the attacking team as they lose any momentum they had and it gives the defending team time to set their line and get a breather.

If the NRL are fair dinkum about speeding up the game, they will cut that shit out.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
This is starting to become an issue and it's something the NRL needs to start cracking down on.

Players that are sin binned, players coming off for injury & head knocks taking forever to get off the field which disadvantages the attacking team as they lose any momentum they had and it gives the defending team time to set their line and get a breather.

If the NRL are fair dinkum about speeding up the game, they will cut that shit out.

Shot clock for getting off the field or it's a penalty.

Except when they need assistance, of course.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Redfern_1980
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Kev_Guz
  • winslow_wong
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.