Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Probably wrong Pete, but I didn't see anyone touch the ball during the FG. Did Edwards touch it before it went over?

He isn't talking about the field goal.

He is talking about the bomb to the corner in the previous set where it was called that Edwards touched it and knocked it forwad.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Probably wrong Pete, but I didn't see anyone touch the ball during the FG. Did Edwards touch it before it went over?

Mate he is talking about in the lead up to the field goal when Edwards was ruled to have touched a ball that went forwards from a bomb.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Mate he is talking about in the lead up to the field goal when Edwards was ruled to have touched a ball that went forwards from a bomb.
Oh my bad, that call was dicey. As you were young lads.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I like to apply the butterfly effect to these situations. If it was play on the Panthers play could have run 20 metres and snapped his achilles. They could have played their advantage and lost it, only for Roberts to pick it up and run 100m to score under their posts.

I think the ball was dead anyway. The ball was wedged between both Oates and Milford meaning he knocked it forward into his own player. That usually stops play, right?

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Another observation, there's a lot of Moga haters on here as he's certainly guilty of some garbage play at times.

But, he was rock solid tonight, one silly penalty but otherwise his best defensive performance as a Bronco.

And Mead was outstanding too - didn't put a foot wrong and was absolutely fearless.

Both much maligned players, but both stood up when it mattered most.

Credit where it's due.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Moga was excellent tonight. His crunching shots off the line to shutdown the overlap were not only brilliantly timed, they hurt.

As dumb as he can be, he was superb tonight. As was mead. His best game in broncos colours.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Deserve is kind of irrelevant. We are there now. But we will be blown away by Melbourne. Mark my words. I'm just disappointed with how we look in attack. It's awful.

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Just need to confirm, you're a human being with emotions right?

I love this game, but it's just a game. Player safety is just like WHS. No one should go to work and be exposed to unnecessary risk - no one.

It wasn't unnecessary risk though. The Panthers had a chance to score whilst the ball was live. So any danger to Oates was a necessary risk in the conext of the game.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Watching a replay, Hunt is killing it at 9.

He added a bit of unpredictability with his attack, catching out the Penrith defence several times only for a last ditched attempt from the defence or an error from the Broncos players stopping more tries from being piled on.

He is really becoming quite a threat there.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Watching a replay, Hunt is killing it at 9.

He added a bit of unpredictability with his attack, catching out the Penrith defence several times only for a last ditched attempt from the defence or an error from the Broncos players stopping more tries from being piled on.

He is really becoming quite a threat there.

I would have liked to see him run it a bit more towards the end there, he's usually good for a try close to the line.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The Oates incident?

It wasn't play on. And there is one simple reason why.

When he loses the ball, it makes contact with Milford who was in front of him. That's accidental offside and play is ALWAYS stopped for that as it's a scrum to the defending team.

So, the people blowing up saying it should have been play on? They are wrong. It wasn't.

Even if it didn't make contact with Milford, Oates was knocked out cold. The ONLY priority then should be to take care of him and that requires a stoppage of play. Jesus christ, he could have had a far more serious injury and people are complaining it wasn't play on?

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.