Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
We showed enough - I'm daring to dream we can beat Melbourne next week.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Wow this is a new low for this fucking professor show, this is just awful.
The show has been fucking terrible since day dot. Absolute lowest common denominator fruit, perfect for the bogans.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
A much improved second half performance from Brisbane and it was no surprise to see Matty Gillett leading the charge. I liked how honest Matt was in his post-match interview. He conceded that his first half was poor, that he wasn't hitting and sticking, providing Penrith with far too many inroads. However he tightened his game up and the Broncos got their act together.

It was far from a convincing effort from the Broncos. For the most part it seemed like they were on autopilot, just looking to get to their kick which wasn't really that great and whenver they tried to go off-script it rarely paid off. In the end, the two scoring plays of the second half can be fairly fortunate. The try was well orchestrated, but came off a missed penalty kick from Kahu which I'm pretty sure came from a really silly penalty from Harawira-Naera. Milford did nothing to earn that penalty, the kick would have gone dead before he got there, but Harawira-Naera played the man and drew the penalty. And the field goal came off a 50/50 call where it appeared Kahu had hold of the ball and Edwards knocked it out in the air. Still, the Broncos made the most of the play and I liked that they didn't wait to take their opportunity. They got into position and Jordan Kahu like chehkov's gun made the most his prior experience to steer the boys home.

And that may have been the difference. There's no doubt Penrith received their share of calls and non-calls, but they kept running the same predictable plays and just didn't have the level of execution required to get past their opposition.

On the Whare/Oates incident, I've got to say the replay after the game looked worst for Brisbane than I initially thought. It looked like Oates spilled it right as he got to ground, instead of conceding the knock on, regathering it and then having it pinched. I'd have to see a replay before I have a concrete opinion but I can see both sides, albeit the other side of it is pretty heartless.

I thought Oates' injury was a real turning point in that first half. He was causing Penrith all sorts of issues down that side of the field and if he had have stayed on there's no telling what sort of impact it would have had. Instead Brisbane really struggled to win those early tackles and Penrith were making it out of their half easily. @meady did well to diminish the loss...especially when he took that shocker of a flick pass from Moga. I hope you gave him a dirty look or three mate after that!

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Random drunk thoughts so bear with me.

Milf needs just one person to push up with him and he breaks through.

Gillett needs to actually make the tackle if he's going to rush up.

We need to stop pushing the pass and take the tackle.

Felt we got shafted by the refs in the last 10 minutes of the first half.

Happy with the defence barring the shit attempt by Sammy.

Only hope next week is to ambush with all out attack. No way we grind or defend to a win

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
The show has been fucking terrible since day dot. Absolute lowest common denominator fruit, perfect for the bogans.

Yeah I can't see how the show is still going. Bloke is not even funny.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
We were pretty awful and I expect us to get bounced next week, barring some magic improvement.

Typical performance of us this year. Poor ball control masked by awful opposition unable to capitalise on our ineptitude.

On a related note, suck shit Penrith. Pre season favourites? Pack of fucking bums you are.
I don't think enough credit is being given to our defence - Penrith played as well as they were allowed to IMO.

Aside from a few lapses, our defence was on point and really stifled their attack.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Fox Sports coverage is pretty weird this year. Blocker getting all these games because he is mates with Steve Crawley who calls the shots at Fox. Also Crawley loves Brenton Speed so now Speed is commentating a lot.

I thought it was a pretty ordinary line up for a finals game.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
A much improved second half performance from Brisbane and it was no surprise to see Matty Gillett leading the charge. I liked how honest Matt was in his post-match interview. He conceded that his first half was poor, that he wasn't hitting and sticking, providing Penrith with far too many inroads. However he tightened his game up and the Broncos got their act together.

It was far from a convincing effort from the Broncos. For the most part it seemed like they were on autopilot, just looking to get to their kick which wasn't really that great and whenver they tried to go off-script it rarely paid off. In the end, the two scoring plays of the second half can be fairly fortunate. The try was well orchestrated, but came off a missed penalty kick from Kahu which I'm pretty sure came from a really silly penalty from Harawira-Naera. Milford did nothing to earn that penalty, the kick would have gone dead before he got there, but Harawira-Naera played the man and drew the penalty. And the field goal came off a 50/50 call where it appeared Kahu had hold of the ball and Edwards knocked it out in the air. Still, the Broncos made the most of the play and I liked that they didn't wait to take their opportunity. They got into position and Jordan Kahu like chehkov's gun made the most his prior experience to steer the boys home.

And that may have been the difference. There's no doubt Penrith received their share of calls and non-calls, but they kept running the same predictable plays and just didn't have the level of execution required to get past their opposition.

On the Whare/Oates incident, I've got to say the replay after the game looked worst for Brisbane than I initially thought. It looked like Oates spilled it right as he got to ground, instead of conceding the knock on, regathering it and then having it pinched. I'd have to see a replay before I have a concrete opinion but I can see both sides, albeit the other side of it is pretty heartless.

I thought Oates' injury was a real turning point in that first half. He was causing Penrith all sorts of issues down that side of the field and if he had have stayed on there's no telling what sort of impact it would have had. Instead Brisbane really struggled to win those early tackles and Penrith were making it out of their half easily. @meady did well to diminish the loss...especially when he took that shocker of a flick pass from Moga. I hope you gave him a dirty look or three mate after that!
Edwards touched the FG? I didn't see that...

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
To put the Oates incident into perspective. Its only because both broncos players are motionless on the ground that Penrith even have a chance to pick the ball up. It would have been pure luck for them to get it, in the first place. But more than that, two players motionless would ring alarm bells in any official. One might get missed but not two.

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
Nothing new, we could be down to a single player, trying to hobble around with crutches, still manage a win and they would crap on about how valiant the opposition were.
I suppose it speaks volumes on what their opinion of us is. They must think of us as some type of Goliath football club that their teams are up against.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  • Kev_Guz
  • winslow_wong
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.