Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Well who below us actually looked good other than eels. Our attack at times has been pathetic and defence has been hopeless. I'm not feeling it

we had the second best attack (and only because the Storm scored a crazy amount of points in the last 3 weeks) in the league and 4th best defence

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
i swear some watch a differant game while it was a ugly game it definatly DID feel like a finals game to me. both sides absolutely hammered each other and were desperate. there was no self preservation from any play on the field.

Really think some just want to watch touch footy and not nrl

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
we had the second best attack (and only because the Storm scored a crazy amount of points in the last 3 weeks) in the league and 4th best defence
It wasn't like we consistently got 25 points a game, a few high scoring games blew the attack of out the water.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Our attack is improving from earlier in this season (when we can hold the ball). Our defense is shocking though. Storm wont struggle to find holes in our line.

Huh?

Our defense was like one of the few good things to take out of that game. There will be some confidence in the team after that.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
That was an unbelievable defensive performance. The boys were switched on defensively hitting and sticking. Their attitude was tremendous. Everything was going against us, injuries, the refereeing decisions but we held firm, played for one another and overcame it all.

Great great win. Very proud of the entire club tonight. That was gutsy.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It was a hopeless call and everything that is wrong with rugby league today. I don't even care that it worked in our favour.

It was a call from a players welfare perspective ... anything could have been wrong with him, the ref had no choice despite what Fitler thinks.

do you realise the sort of legal trouble that the NRL and the ref would have been in if he didn't stop play only for it to come back over the top of Oates and seriously injure him (maybe even permanently)

I don't applaud the refs often anymore, but he 100000000% made the right call and i would hope he would make the same call if the situation was reversed and it was a Panthers player down

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
The thing is, you have to assume the worst. Ive seen a bloke hit like that, torn his lingular frenulum and swallow his tongue, and if he didnt get attention straight away he would have been in serious trouble. You just cant take the risk. The players welfare should be paramount. We have to remember, these blokes have families and kids. Its not worth the risk imo over a game.

I take your point but disagree. Part of what makes the game popular is that it is a bit gladiatorial. And the players make an above average income because of that popularity. Playing on in the situation we saw tonight is all part of the players accepting the risks of rugby league, taking the money and giving the fans value for money. Player welfare should not be paramount but definitely a consideration. And the game does make it a consideration by generally stopping play for KOs when the play is over.

Once you do what Sutton did tonight - blow time off in the middle of the play when the Panthers were running away to score - you start watering down the product and risk its popularity.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Let me reiterate, it felt like a regular round game. From my perspective, neither side played like it was sudden death.

Did you miss the part where Penrith were throwing it around like a couch potato at the end?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
i swear some watch a differant game while it was a ugly game it definatly DID feel like a finals game to me. both sides absolutely hammered each other and were desperate. there was no self preservation from any play on the field.

Really think some just want to watch touch footy and not nrl

I think the Oates injury had a lot to do with the intensity dropping. But there were some epic efforts in defence. One set we had them trapped in their 10m with really aggressive defence only to give a penalty on the last tackle. We then held them out again and all the boys screamed with joy and high 5'd. That was most impressive and we'll need to do it again next week.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Sounds like I missed a spirited defensive performance.

Were the Broncos too good or were the Panthers awful?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Someone remind me to stop doubting Alex Glenn halfway through every season as well. He's always amongst our best in October & September.

actually i would prefer you continue to doubt him, because when you do he really lifts his performances ...

I do have 1 request though, could you start doubting him a bit earlier next year, like round 1 maybe :biggrin:

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Everyone was excellent. Gutsy performance. Nothing to lose now, let's climb everest.

I love finals.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The thing is, you have to assume the worst. Ive seen a bloke hit like that, torn his lingular frenulum and swallow his tongue, and if he didnt get attention straight away he would have been in serious trouble. You just cant take the risk. The players welfare should be paramount. We have to remember, these blokes have families and kids. Its not worth the risk imo over a game.
Exactly, end of the day it's a fucking game, or a "job". If I was potentially seriously injured at work, or my family member, or a friend was, I'd be pretty fucking pissed if they just ignored that for 30 seconds just in case they score a sale or something. Probably a bad analogy, but welfare comes first, **** the game.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • Johnny92
  • Howie
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.