Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I'm back, bet you all missed my insightful, positive posts (reality - no one noticed I was gone). I have not seen the game yet, so I will leave any comments until later.

I'm back, bet you all missed my insightful, positive posts (reality - no one noticed I was gone). I have not seen the game yet, so I will leave any comments until later.

Don't do it maaaan.

Have to Nashy, it is the masochist in me.

So many things I want to say without rambling or repeating what's been said already

- it's like we are obliged to do something dumb against the cows with the match on the line
- If Gillett hadn't of lifted his leg he would've hip bumped him and probably gotten away with it, the lifting of the leg fucked us over. Correct call unfortunately.
- Taumalolo was just simply unstoppable, cant blame the defense for it, he was on a one man mission after the egg thing and we unfortunately copped it
- Our (lack of) kicking game and ability to exert extended pressure again came to the fore
- Milford had a shocker and should be arguably as culpable for the loss as Gillett, that knock on with 6 again on the cows 10 was him trying to force the issue instead of playing out the set and building towards a try. His side got targeted all night and he came up woefully short in pretty much all areas bar one or two moments of magic.
- Boyd was excellent, made the one error in ET but didn't cost us any points.
- We really missed Roberts out there, not only because he would've had the speed to match O'neill but he would've taken advantage of the forwards being out on their feet.
- Dunno what was doing with our bench rotation
- **** the cowboys.
- Where are we at in terms of a premiership window? Most of our squad is still young but we're lacking experience up front imo, what does that mean for us in 2017?

Last edited:
So many things I want to say without rambling or repeating what's been said already

- it's like we are obliged to do something dumb against the cows with the match on the line
- If Gillett hadn't of lifted his leg he would've hip bumped him and probably gotten away with it, the lifting of the leg ****ed us over. Correct call unfortunately.
- Taumalolo was just simply unstoppable, cant blame the defense for it, he was on a one man mission after the egg thing and we unfortunately copped it
- Our (lack of) kicking game and ability to exert extended pressure again came to the fore
- Milford had a shocker and should be arguably as culpable for the loss as Gillett, that knock on with 6 again on the cows 10 was him trying to force the issue instead of playing out the set and building towards a try. His side got targeted all night and he came up woefully short in pretty much all areas bar one or two moments of magic.
- Boyd was excellent, made the one error in ET but didn't cost us any points.
- We really missed Roberts out there, not only because he would've had the speed to match O'neill but he would've taken advantage of the forwards being out on their feet.
- Dunno what was doing with our bench rotation
- **** the cowboys.
- Where are we at in terms of a premiership window? Most of our squad is still young but we're lacking experience up front imo, what does that mean for us in 2017?

Some may not agree but I believe 2017 should be a forward rebuilding year. We need to give game time to Arrow, TPJ, Fai/Funaki/Ese'ese and looking to move on Blair, Glenn & Thaiday. Buy an entirely new front row to compliment a backrow of Gillett, TPJ & Arrow for the 2018 season.

As you said the backline is youthful, match it with a new look pack and we would be in premiership contention for a number of years.

A few pointers on the game

- Sure Gilletts trip proved very costly but the blame cant be all on him. We led by 8 at halftime, and i was nowhere near confident of it. I said we had to score first or we would be in trouble. We let the game get away with some silly errors, Pearson and Oates knock ons which led to tries and also silly penalties to give them an easy passage out of their paths. We bombed a couple tries too just before and after halftime
- We def need some grunt up front, too easily getten beaten in the middle. Vaughan would be good and i hear Korbin might go to the Sharks? I reckon he will would be a great pickup for us as well
- Taumalolo was just on fire. If he plays like that against other teams, would be in the same boat. Wish we had someone like him, TPJ would be the next thing similar to Taumalolo
- Halves need to be more composed and exert pressure, always bombs and poor options, need to try and get repeat sets. The halves have the ability, just need more time to gel but assistance would be good.
- We really missed Roberts. his speed would of helped against tiring forwards. Not his best year, but it would of had Kahu on O'Neill who i think can match him for speed. Kahu and Roberts are my centres for 2017. Oates and Mead/Pearson wingers
- Really annoyed TPJ only played 5 minutes, what a waste! Our forwards were spent and struggled yet he would have offered more in attack. Sure he is young and Bennett was prob scared to blood him in such a tight game but have some balls! Look at what Green did, Ponga and Heiss absolutely killed it. Have faith in your players
Boyd was player of the match for us, he has to be captain next year. he stood up when it counted.
- Our attack still needs work, still predictable and i wish we did more second phase.

I'm gutted. But don't hate the Cowboys for our loss and don't hate the refs for it either.

The game came down to one player - Taumalolo. He was on a mission. Probably because he stuffed up big time with egg-gate. And probably because he was so poor against the Storm. He wanted to make up for it. We just couldn't contain him and he single-handedly carried the Cows in that game. He gave them momentum when we had them pinned, he gave them confidence when they looked spent, and he gave them field position to strike back, something we were unable to match when it came our turn to try to claw back in extra time. I can only applaud him.

Over the last few months I've softened over the Cowboys. If we can't win it I hope they do. **** the cheating Storm, though they probably deserve it more than the other two. **** Ricky and his blind luck. And **** the Sharks and their team of drug cheats & deadshits.

Last edited:
For me, nothing could be worse than Gallen winning a Premiership, so I am behind the Cowgirls this week

Then I am behind whoever wins out of Storm or Raiders, I don't care I want them to win, so cry baby Thurston and his whinging friends can taste the pain of GF defeat

Last edited:
I have legitimate anger and hatred for the cowboys these days and if you were a real passionate fans you would too. Take your QLD glasses off and put your Broncos ones on. They are our biggest rivals by far and have kicked us out of the comp a number of times now including the grand final defeat. Do you think Souths or Roosters fans ever support the other team when their team is knocked out regardless of the opposition? They don't give two ***** that they are NSW teams.

I have legitimate anger and hatred for the cowboys these days and if you were a real passionate fans you would too. Take your QLD glasses off and put your Broncos ones on. They are our biggest rivals by far and have kicked us out of the comp a number of times now including the grand final defeat. Do you think Souths or Roosters fans ever support the other team when their team is knocked out regardless of the opposition? They don't give two ***** that they are NSW teams.

This. I can't get over the amount of people on FB who are Broncos fans, but backing these asshole. They whinge, they bitch, they moan and they beat us in a grand final. **** them. Hope their new club house falls over in the next cyclone and the insurance wasn't up to date.

I'm on the Raiders. Lived in Canberra for about 8 months in 2013 and even if the GH has some twats the people in Canberra(politicians aside) are generally ok. And besides, that town could do with a party. If not them then I hate to say but it's gotta be Storm, if it weren't for Gallen and Fifita I would have said sharks but nah **** them and the Cowboys.

I am wanting a Raiders vs Sharks GF.

I want this to play out, Sharks in front with 30 secs to go & Gallen stuffs up & Raiders run the length of the field to win the game.

I despise the Steven Bradbury team & hate the dirty Storm.

For me, nothing could be worse than Gallen winning a Premiership, so I am behind the Cowgirls this week

Then I am behind whoever wins out of Storm or Raiders, I don't care I want them to win, so cry baby Thurston and his whinging friends can taste the pain of GF defeat

Gallen making it to the big dance and crying in defeat would be wonderful though.....would much rather see that than Thurston crying tbh.

In fact, the only pairing i think I could stomach would be the Raiders and Cows. **** the other 2.

In order from worst to best scenario

Cowboys - nope nope nope, we are the last team to go back to back and id like to keep it that way. Plus it would make us all feel like we could of won the gf had gillett not tripped thurston. Plus last years grand final...

Melbourne - so many heartbreaking losses to them but hey, at least we didnt lose a gf to them so slightly better then the cows. Sooo boring if they win though.

Raiders - slightly annoying if they win just because the GH would have a field day saying milford who ? But at least would be a massive moment and its something different.

Sharks - again its something different and a good story coming from where they were a couple of years ago, they have a few players i really hate but the sharkies really havent caused us much annoyance.

Sharks or raiders please

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.