PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locky has called for kodi to bench

Just rewatched the 08 game v storm. I haven't been able to look at it for years but I wanted to get pumped up for this weekend and man did it work. I think everyone just says they hate strom out of habit but man, was old storm very hateable. So much wrestling and grubby tactics.

Locky played very poorly by his standards. Good kicks but heaps of forced passes that lead to errors. Ben Hunt level game management.

Another noteworthy observation from my trip down memory lane was just how aggressive and damaging Thaiday used to play. He was incredible.

Real fired up for this weekend now. Rewatching this has made me invest in the game even more.

Just rewatched the 08 game v storm. I haven't been able to look at it for years but I wanted to get pumped up for this weekend and man did it work. I think everyone just says they hate strom out of habit but man, was old storm very hateable. So much wrestling and grubby tactics.

Locky played very poorly by his standards. Good kicks but heaps of forced passes that lead to errors. Ben Hunt level game management.

Another noteworthy observation from my trip down memory lane was just how aggressive and damaging Thaiday used to play. He was incredible.

Real fired up for this weekend now. Rewatching this has made me invest in the game even more.

He was over-compensating probably, due to being out so long that year and missing so many important games. Puts the Milf criticism into perspective.

But again, Broncos Achilles heel, so close to the prize and then just a few brains snaps cost us.

Last edited:
Much prefer Benji on bench than Mead if Oates actually playing (hope not for him). He isn't an 80 minute player but his kicking and big game experience are needed. If Benji on bench could use him relieve Hunt from 50-65 mins and then play him at lock if we are chasing points. Also covers half and hooker injuries better. If outside back injury then KNik can cover fullback, Marshall to 5/8, Milf to 7 and Boyd can move to wing or centre, Glenn too slow for centre and Boyd is most versatile back, not ideal but offers more than waiting for a back to be injured (I know why do I bother making arguments about moving the love child).

Much prefer Benji on bench than Mead if Oates actually playing (hope not for him). He isn't an 80 minute player but his kicking and big game experience are needed. If Benji on bench could use him relieve Hunt from 50-65 mins and then play him at lock if we are chasing points. Also covers half and hooker injuries better. If outside back injury then KNik can cover fullback, Marshall to 5/8, Milf to 7 and Boyd can move to wing or centre, Glenn too slow for centre and Boyd is most versatile back, not ideal but offers more than waiting for a back to be injured (I know why do I bother making arguments about moving the love child).

Cant see Wayne putting Boyd at centre or putting milf at no.7.

What does Milf to 7 look like in terms of strategy? What changes from Milf - more kicking?

I don't see how Oates can play after being stretchered off and appearing to convulse on the ground especially in todays climate of concussion and what we know about it.

Why would a doctor let you play after that? Would not want to risk my career and financial security with a big fat lawsuit down the track

I don't see how Oates can play after being stretchered off and appearing to convulse on the ground especially in todays climate of concussion and what we know about it.

Why would a doctor let you play after that? Would not want to risk my career and financial security with a big fat lawsuit down the track
He won't be playing.

There are actually wankers willing to support Melbourne just because they hate us so much.

Fucking for real?

You can say that with 100% certainty?
Name the last player to be carried out on a stretcher and then played the following weekend. It won't happen, it is ridiculous to even think that he would suit up. Maybe in 1968 but not in these modern times.

Name the last player to be carried out on a stretcher and then played the following weekend. It won't happen, it is ridiculous to even think that he would suit up. Maybe in 1968 but not in these modern times.

When they stretcher Milford's 200kg frame off the field after full time.

He's looking extremely long odds of playing - thought it live and that hasn't changed.
I seem to recall him missing another week after being concussed the last time around - which was not as bad as this time.
Cannot be certain, but safe to say almost certain.

What does Milf to 7 look like in terms of strategy? What changes from Milf - more kicking?

Nothing in strategy but might be what he needs in mindset. He needs to see himself as the key playmaker. Bunji has always been better when he is allowed to pick his moments.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.PNG
    IMG_0383.PNG
    437.3 KB · Views: 150
From the man himself...
That doesn't say anything about him playing. Like the previous poster said, clubs don't mess around with head injuries these days as the risk is much too high. It is a real shame though because he could be the difference between winning and losing. Mead has his work cut out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Cavalo
  • eggstar10
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • theshed
  • Fatboy
  • Broncs1459
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.