PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate where people are coming from re Hunt starting but it really does blunt him later in the game.

It is a huge ask to play 80 against Melbourne in a prelim. Only hooker in NRL that you get 80 quality minutes is Cam Smith and he is a once in how many generations,(and even he takes an odd breather out back). Our middle is weak early in game need to strengthen it. I'd rather he play 100% for 65 mins then 80% for 80. Thaiday is actually good for first 15 at hooker. Love to get TPJ on for first 15 to rip in hard (he'll only be good for 2 short spurts at start and end coming back from injury) and then swap him for Hunt so Thaiday can go back to prop until Ofa gets on hopefully early at 25mins. Thaiday plays better while game when he starts at hooker too, get his head into the game.

We can't start with Blair and Thaiday at prop. We know Melbourne are coming for our soft spots. Middle defence, Milf and Moga, Mead's size on wing vs giant wingers, poor ball control and Boyd if hammy is underdone. Might also be worth asking Moga to drop back on tackle 5 but not sure he can handle any change in routine. Like to see props rotated frequently for high intensity minutes rather than endurance.

Theirs is forcing them outside their structure and getting them surprised on back foot. Add in a lot of niggle wouldn't hurt. Get Blair and Thaiday winding them up.

I'm loving the media this weekend. Normally it annoys me how much the Sydney media talks us down or claims we get advantages that every other team actually already gets, but I am just loving it this weekend.

They are already talking about storm in the grand final like they don't have to play this week. It's actually unbelievable. I have never seen a broncos team written off so much before. NEVER. I hope the storm are reading every bit of press there is whilst they enjoy a much publicised relaxing week off...

I'm loving the media this weekend. Normally it annoys me how much the Sydney media talks us down or claims we get advantages that every other team actually already gets, but I am just loving it this weekend.

They are already talking about storm in the grand final like they don't have to play this week. It's actually unbelievable. I have never seen a broncos team written off so much before. NEVER. I hope the storm are reading every bit of press there is whilst they enjoy a much publicised relaxing week off...

You know what that means, there'll be complacency and a stitch up brewing. All in our favour.

I appreciate where people are coming from re Hunt starting but it really does blunt him later in the game.

It is a huge ask to play 80 against Melbourne in a prelim. Only hooker in NRL that you get 80 quality minutes is Cam Smith and he is a once in how many generations,(and even he takes an odd breather out back). Our middle is weak early in game need to strengthen it. I'd rather he play 100% for 65 mins then 80% for 80. Thaiday is actually good for first 15 at hooker. Love to get TPJ on for first 15 to rip in hard (he'll only be good for 2 short spurts at start and end coming back from injury) and then swap him for Hunt so Thaiday can go back to prop until Ofa gets on hopefully early at 25mins. Thaiday plays better while game when he starts at hooker too, get his head into the game.

We can't start with Blair and Thaiday at prop. We know Melbourne are coming for our soft spots. Middle defence, Milf and Moga, Mead's size on wing vs giant wingers, poor ball control and Boyd if hammy is underdone. Might also be worth asking Moga to drop back on tackle 5 but not sure he can handle any change in routine. Like to see props rotated frequently for high intensity minutes rather than endurance.

Theirs is forcing them outside their structure and getting them surprised on back foot. Add in a lot of niggle wouldn't hurt. Get Blair and Thaiday winding them up.

Thaiday and Blair will need to play the biggest games of their career, we can't afford to be dominated through the middle again, especially by a team that is so good at making the most of their chances.

Last week as well it was Korbin Sims and Boyd sitting on the bench and Sims was standing up nervous and standing up through out the game and Boyd just sat there with no face expression.

That's actually a lie. They showed both of them in that game on NRL360 and both Korbin and Boyd were riding the emotional roller coaster.

So on that...is Sims a sneaky to be back?

It would be kind of funny if the team sheet read something like this:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Thaiday
9. Hunt
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. TPJ
16. Joffa
17. Ese'ese

18. McCullough
19. Sims
20. Arrow
21. Lockyer

Tonight game cowboys coaching box all the people in room as so happy. Jt and Scott gone for the season. But They still cheering the win for their team. Look at last night Broncos match, just 10 seconds remaining to full time. They put camera on Boyd. He was just sit on the chair side line. No face impression. No enjoyment at all.
Boyd doesn't show emotion at the best of times. That doesn't mean he isn't as happy as JT. He just holds his feelings in whereas other are more extroverted. I can't believe fans would mistake that as Boyd not "giving a shit."

Boyd doesn't show emotion at the best of times. That doesn't mean he isn't as happy as JT. He just holds his feelings in whereas other are more extroverted. I can't believe fans would mistake that as Boyd not "giving a shit."
Exactly. Imagine Locky back in his playing days, sitting up in the coaching booth jumping around and emoting like JT.

Boyd was just a little pensive, and J.T doesn't have to face Melbourne next week.

Is Sims a chance of playing this weekend?

Boyd couldn't stand up because his hamstring hurts. He did get up a few times.

I know that is why i said his face expressions showed nothing like he didn't care if we scored or dropped it or even scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.