PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know when and where the tickets for this go on sale? I really want to buy them ASAP.

Correction, they go on sale for the general public at 10am on Tuesday.

But I'll give you a code so that you can get them on Monday.. I don't have any use for it.

59bc7449ac343 4096687 rl broncos hunt  sd 1280x720

Broncos Ben Hunt wants to make amends for 2015 grand final error in preliminary final against Storm

September 16, 2017

BEN Hunt is hungry for grand-final redemption as the makeshift Broncos hooker braces for a sudden-death showdown with Storm champion Cameron Smith in Melbourne this Friday night.

It is almost two years to the day since Hunt suffered the lowpoint of his career, dropping the extra-time kick-off that preceded Johnathan Thurston’s field goal in Brisbane’s devastating 2015 grand final loss.

But Hunt has shown the mental resolve to fight back and he shapes as a critical figure in Brisbane’s blueprint to ambush the Melbourne juggernaut in the preliminary final at AAMI Park.

Hunt, who will join the Dragons on a $6 million deal next season, played his final home game at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night in Brisbane’s 13-6 semi-final disposal of the Panthers.

Now he faces one of the biggest challenges of his NRL career — attempting to outpoint the code’s greatest hooker Smith — as Hunt moves a step closer to the premiership ring that cruelly eluded him.

“It would mean everything to me,” said Hunt of his and Brisbane’s quest for a grand final triumph.

“That’s what we are playing the game for, you want to get to that big one (the grand final) and if I can do it in my last year at the Broncos ... I will be giving it my best shot.

“Cam Smith is the best hooker of all-time and it doesn’t get easier, but we need to focus on the whole Melbourne side.

“He steers them around but it’s not just him we have to worry about — they are very good across the park.”

In the absence of injured first-choice rake Andrew McCullough, Hunt was outstanding against the Panthers.

Playing his seventh game at hooker, Hunt set up Corey Oates’ first-half try and produced a series of key defensive plays, including a late trysaver as the Panthers came storming home.

The Maroons ace is finding his groove in the No. 9 jumper and admits the gravity of playing his final game at Suncorp in Broncos colours was a source of motivation.

“My fitness has gotten better every week,” he said.

“Defensively I have improved. I was missing more tackles to start off with and I needed to control what I did better (in defence), I needed to make some good contact.

“It sunk in during the warm-up that it would be my last game (at Suncorp) and in that moment I wanted to enjoy it. Once it was all over, I was pumped to get the win.”

The versatile Hunt is adamant title favourites the Storm are beatable.

The Broncos have won at AAMI Park twice in the past two years, deploying a clever tactic to attack early in sets, putting pressure on Melbourne’s defence with second-phase play.

“We have beaten them down there a few times,” Hunt said. “It’s not an easy thing to do but if we go there with the right attitude, we can give it a good crack.

“We are going to need the same energy defensively but we need to be better with our attack. We weren’t as sharp as we need to be (against Penrith) so we need to work on that.”

Source: Courier Mail

Tonight game cowboys coaching box all the people in room as so happy. Jt and Scott gone for the season. But They still cheering the win for their team. Look at last night Broncos match, just 10 seconds remaining to full time. They put camera on Boyd. He was just sit on the chair side line. No face impression. No enjoyment at all.
We have expectations, the Cowboys don't.

Also he has to play Melbourne, in Melbourne..

View attachment 1844

Broncos Ben Hunt wants to make amends for 2015 grand final error in preliminary final against Storm

September 16, 2017

BEN Hunt is hungry for grand-final redemption as the makeshift Broncos hooker braces for a sudden-death showdown with Storm champion Cameron Smith in Melbourne this Friday night.

It is almost two years to the day since Hunt suffered the lowpoint of his career, dropping the extra-time kick-off that preceded Johnathan Thurston’s field goal in Brisbane’s devastating 2015 grand final loss.

But Hunt has shown the mental resolve to fight back and he shapes as a critical figure in Brisbane’s blueprint to ambush the Melbourne juggernaut in the preliminary final at AAMI Park.

Hunt, who will join the Dragons on a $6 million deal next season, played his final home game at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night in Brisbane’s 13-6 semi-final disposal of the Panthers.

Now he faces one of the biggest challenges of his NRL career — attempting to outpoint the code’s greatest hooker Smith — as Hunt moves a step closer to the premiership ring that cruelly eluded him.

“It would mean everything to me,” said Hunt of his and Brisbane’s quest for a grand final triumph.

“That’s what we are playing the game for, you want to get to that big one (the grand final) and if I can do it in my last year at the Broncos ... I will be giving it my best shot.

“Cam Smith is the best hooker of all-time and it doesn’t get easier, but we need to focus on the whole Melbourne side.

“He steers them around but it’s not just him we have to worry about — they are very good across the park.”

In the absence of injured first-choice rake Andrew McCullough, Hunt was outstanding against the Panthers.

Playing his seventh game at hooker, Hunt set up Corey Oates’ first-half try and produced a series of key defensive plays, including a late trysaver as the Panthers came storming home.

The Maroons ace is finding his groove in the No. 9 jumper and admits the gravity of playing his final game at Suncorp in Broncos colours was a source of motivation.

“My fitness has gotten better every week,” he said.

“Defensively I have improved. I was missing more tackles to start off with and I needed to control what I did better (in defence), I needed to make some good contact.

“It sunk in during the warm-up that it would be my last game (at Suncorp) and in that moment I wanted to enjoy it. Once it was all over, I was pumped to get the win.”

The versatile Hunt is adamant title favourites the Storm are beatable.

The Broncos have won at AAMI Park twice in the past two years, deploying a clever tactic to attack early in sets, putting pressure on Melbourne’s defence with second-phase play.

“We have beaten them down there a few times,” Hunt said. “It’s not an easy thing to do but if we go there with the right attitude, we can give it a good crack.

“We are going to need the same energy defensively but we need to be better with our attack. We weren’t as sharp as we need to be (against Penrith) so we need to work on that.”

Source: Courier Mail

This could be our perfect fairytale. Broncos get grand final redemption and ben hunt wins Clive Churchill.

People forget quickly that the two times we got flogged by the Storm recently we have key injuries they exploited. No one exploits injuries like the storm. If you are missing a key player that's where they will target you, over and over and over again. Look at the game Oates went down and Kodi had to play wing with a busted shoulder last year, they just kept going there all night.

For us the key is players not going down hurt, showing the same hunger in defense, and we need to start standing deeper in attack again.

The last thing we need to do is fight in the ruck, to often after we get tackled we don't fight to get up, especially against the Storm. So many teams seems, especially us seem to just lay there and let the Storm dictate the ruck speed when the Storm are defending. So fight in the ruck, force the refs to ping them if they stay on to long rather than playing dead and mak I ng every tackle a dominant one.

Nah mate, we are. Had 50 put on us by Parra, lost the unloseable at home against the Rorters, and if even 1 thing didn't go our way tonight, Penrith had it in them to beat us. The margin was 6 for 69 minutes. 2015 Broncos makes 2017 Broncos look like ass.

People need to let 2015 go.

If the storm shit the bed like Parra did last night we are in with a chance.... But it won't happen. Right now we have exceeded my expectations for this season.
We've had a shocking run of injuries and our star players have all been hit and miss and we're still in it so I'm just happy to be able to see the team play 1 more time.
As much as I am trying to be optimistic about next week the storm have been head and shoulders above the rest of the teams this season and we haven't really reached our potential. I just can't see us progressing any further. I just hope it's not a hiding, I hope we stick it to them and finish the season putting up a fight.

Reactions: Dee
Absolutely no pressure on us. Nobody expects us to win. The way to beat Melbourne is to play up tempo. Throw the ball around and if it sticks we do what we did Rd 25 last year and go to the grand final. If it doesn't stick who cares if we lose by 40? Lose by 1, lose by 40 your season is over.

It's great news getting TPJ back he's a real attacking weapon, especially for a game we need to throw the ball around.

Tonight game cowboys coaching box all the people in room as so happy. Jt and Scott gone for the season. But They still cheering the win for their team. Look at last night Broncos match, just 10 seconds remaining to full time. They put camera on Boyd. He was just sit on the chair side line. No face impression. No enjoyment at all.

Last week as well it was Korbin Sims and Boyd sitting on the bench and Sims was standing up nervous and standing up through out the game and Boyd just sat there with no face expression.

Great. Rothfield tomorrow. "Darius Boyd doesn't give a toss for his team".
Seriously though, what codswallop. Did you see the team at full time? Did you see Boyd? I was there and I saw him. Here's a newsflash for ya - he cares.

Broncos Coming For Storm

Sun 17th September, 08:48AM
1505602407282.jpg;pv224eb1cd13df7b45

The NRL has confirmed the times and venues for Week Three of the NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series, which will begin with the match between Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos at AAMI Park on Friday night.

Sydney Roosters will face North Queensland Cowboys in the second Preliminary Final, on Saturday night at Allianz Stadium.

NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series – Week 3

Preliminary Final: Friday, September 22, 7.55pm, AAMI Park
NRL: Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos

Preliminary Final: Saturday, September 23, 7.40pm, Allianz Stadium
NRL: Sydney Roosters v North Queensland Cowboys
Holden Cup: Parramatta Eels v Penrith Panthers; 5.00pm
Holden Cup: St George Illawarra Dragons v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles; 2.30pm

Anyone know when and where the tickets for this go on sale? I really want to buy them ASAP.

Need that omen back on track sproj... that Melbourne one where we are almost undefeated when u go. Think we should crowd fund your ticket ...

FUN FACT:

in 2015 the same 4 teams played the preliminary finals.

The Broncos played the Roosters and the Cowboys played the Storm ...

this year the games have been reversed ... if we both qualify for the GF maybe the result will be reversed as well

FUN FACT:

in 2015 the same 4 teams played the preliminary finals.

The Broncos played the Roosters and the Cowboys played the Storm ...

this year the games have been reversed ... if we both qualify for the GF maybe the result will be reversed as well
Said this to my wife on Friday night after we won - thought the Cows would win, but not enough to put my hard earned on them.

If it happens, I'm supremely confident we can beat Cows. We know how to play them and win even when they're full strength. We beat them round 26 and they played the same game they've played in finals - we just know how to beat them at that game.

I honestly don't see how they're the best defensive options, and losing ground in the first 20 is the reason why we have been torn apart by the better teams...

I'm just a messenger.

Last week as well it was Korbin Sims and Boyd sitting on the bench and Sims was standing up nervous and standing up through out the game and Boyd just sat there with no face expression.

Boyd couldn't stand up because his hamstring hurts. He did get up a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.