PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last night, I wonder if it would be better to run with Mead as the utility rather than Marshall (provided Oates is fit to play of course). He can cover wing, centre and fullback. If hunt goes down we can cover with McGuire or Thaiday, if one of the halves go down, ditto, either move hunt or boyd.

It really rustles me that the Storm have such a huge bandwagon from Sydney and QLD fans. They are the ultimate anti-RL team, they've almost single handily ruined everything good about this sport over a decade without giving anything back (where are the Victorian juniors?).

After last night, I wonder if it would be better to run with Mead as the utility rather than Marshall (provided Oates is fit to play of course). He can cover wing, centre and fullback. If hunt goes down we can cover with McGuire or Thaiday, if one of the halves go down, ditto, either move hunt or boyd.
Who says Marshall will be moved from the HB spot? In fact, it is very doubtful that he will be and Niko will be the utility.

If we somehow defeat the Storm, I truly believe it will be one of the biggest upsets in rugby league history.
8th defeating 1st is a huge upset, if the 3rd placed Broncos prevail, it will only be a mild upset and not even in the top 500 in RL history.

8th defeating 1st is a huge upset, if the 3rd placed Broncos prevail, it will only be a mild upset and not even in the top 500 in RL history.
The way the Storm have played this season, they have been extraordinary, they really have. We have been pretty up and down and the Storm have beaten us twice this year, and the last time they put 40 on us so, if we somehow beat them on their turf without McCullough, Sims etc in a Preliminary Final, I think it will be an absolute incredible win for us. We CAN do it, no-one will give us a chance but it's possible.

There is a worry that the Broncos will be very flat after last night.

Perhaps if they didn't lose 3 players, it wouldn't be a concern. But they did and they did a lot of defending. But that could also work in our favour.

The way the Storm have played this season, they have been extraordinary, they really have. We have been pretty up and down and the Storm have beaten us twice this year, and the last time they put 40 on us so, if we somehow beat them on their turf without McCullough, Sims etc in a Preliminary Final, I think it will be an absolute incredible win for us. We CAN do it, no-one will give us a chance but it's possible.

If the Broncos somehow find a way to win then we've pretty much got both hands on the premiership.

No one will beat us if we make the GF, not after beating the Storm.

But, unlikely to make it to the GF.

Who says Marshall will be moved from the HB spot? In fact, it is very doubtful that he will be and Niko will be the utility.

I think we will see Kodi at halfback. If we are going to score the points we will need to win this game, we need him on the field for 80.

IMG 2548

We need to fix the missed tackles and those other key things that storm do right if we want to beat them.

I'm pretty sure benji said so himself when locky interviewed him after the game.

Can we afford to keep starting Thaiday? Him and Blair together make a pretty goddamn shitty front row pairing. I know Blair does a lot of 1% stuff, but his 99% front rower stuff is mediocre at best. He still offers more than Thaiday though, who I think just needs to be a bench player from now on. Those first 20 minutes will be crucial, and we can't afford to get dominated right from the start and play catch up again.

Blair is such a loose prick. That pass off the ground he tried in our own 10m was sheer stupidity. Thank **** play was called back. He does brain snaps like that 2-3 times every game.

I'm going to be glad to see the back of Blair tbh. If Joe.O keeps improving ( I think right now he's going great), he could start and we find the next guy to take his place on the bench.

Defense is Back ! In attack I have 3 words - SECOND MAN PLAY. Please bring it back. We are too flat. Our right outside backs dont see the ball anymore and there is so much opportunity out there. I thought the team structure was wrong but nontheless our defense got us there. Should have been Niki at halfback, Kahu at fullback and Benji on bench would have been much better. Mead was outstanding. If we can get our attack back we have a chance. We need to go right side way more and use second man play to give the jet and kahu a chance.

Kahu can't even kick a goal with his groin! Once again how the hell does he play fullback? We are lucky to have him on the wing at this point let's not push our luck. What we do need next week is a new goal kicker.

Blair is such a loose prick. That pass off the ground he tried in our own 10m was sheer stupidity. Thank **** play was called back. He does brain snaps like that 2-3 times every game.

I'm going to be glad to see the back of Blair tbh. If Joe.O keeps improving ( I think right now he's going great), he could start and we find the next guy to take his place on the bench.

So joe O came on for like 30 mins and charged for 100 metres. Can't see why he can't do this as a run on and then Blair can come on after 20 mins and do his tricky shit

There was also a time near the end where Penrith were about 20 out and he shot out of the line to try and shoulder check a forward who never got the ball and the play turned back in and Hunt I think had to cover the gap he left. I was ready to blow up deluxe if they scored.

I agree Blair's time is done here, with the inevitable signing of Lodge + Joe O & Tevita having larger roles come next year, Sims will be our kick pressure niggle merchant. I would've loved to have kept Herman too (especially because I could see us losing one or two more forwards after his mid-year decision) but I've said that too many times to count now

I think we will see Kodi at halfback. If we are going to score the points we will need to win this game, we need him on the field for 80.

I find myself agreeing a lot with @Accept but one thing where we are diametrically opposed is KNik. There is just something about KNik that he doesn't like and I don't think KNik is going to be able to do anything to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • KickHaas
  • Pablo
  • Scorchie
  • BooKhaki
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.