PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched the replay and I see no reason a team with nothing to lose cannot beat the favourites. Hard line speed in defence and being prepared to shift the ball in attack could give us a win. Absolutely no reason why we can't win. I thought our bench forwards were excellent and if they replicate that effort combined with the return of TPJ and Boyd we are a genuine chance. It's been my experience that teams that have a week off tend to be a bit clunky early on, it's the second half where the benefits start to show. Sure it's a mountain to climb but definitely achievable. Cronulla showed us the blueprint last year, despite whatever you think of the Sharks that game and how they went about winning it shoukd be mandatory viewing for the boys midweek.

Gillet did a trip last night hopefully he doesn't miss any games

Anyone see the sneaky almost punch from McGuire on Mansour towards the end?
Some seriously good niggle from the boys

Just a fine these days, no suspension.
I think it depends though if you have prior similar charges, then it can be more than a fine. Did he get charged when he tripped JT in last years semi, or whichever game it was that he had a brain fade in?

A trip used to be an immediate send-off. I can't understand why it isn't anymore. Such a dirty thing to do.

I hate the fact that our boys are starting to play dirty but it is the NRL's fault that they've let that rubbish slide for so long.

I've actually thought about it and I reckon refs let rubbish go all the time so that something illegal happens now in pretty much every tackle of the game and when they see a side behind and want to give piggy back penalties to let that team catch up, they know can start penalising because there will be a penalty available as they know it's been happening all game.

All part of the 'modern game management'.

Boyd, TPJ and Oates back in are MASSIVE for us. That win with basically no bench was what we actually needed. We are in with a small chance but a chance nonetheless and sometimes that is all you need.
Oates does as much bad as he does good, not MASSIVE for us at all. Sub par winger

Oates does as much bad as he does good, not MASSIVE for us at all. Sub par winger

He takes a first tackle usually in our 20 and makes heaps of meters and him next week is a need against suli the last 2 encounters with storm he hasn't been there first time being taken off with concussion and the 2nd him having a staph infection he's a need.

More quality click bait

What impressed me so much about last night was the support.

I don't mean support play, but supporting your mates. Someone did something good, everyone was there to congratulate and celebrate. It lifts the blokes around you, and lowers the opposition.

Teams win grand finals, and we will need some luck, but if we continue to play like the team we were last night and get some luck, not only can we beat Melbourne, but we can win the big one too.

Just had a little chat to Kahu and he said the groin should be right with a [emoji6]

A trip used to be an immediate send-off. I can't understand why it isn't anymore. Such a dirty thing to do.

When I was a young fella, playing U/11s rugby union, one of my team mates tried to trip someone.

His dad was our coach and pulled him off the field immediately. He was absolutely livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Rah88
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Jason Simmons
  • tajhay
  • BroncosAlways
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Howie
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.