PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can do it as we show here we can beat them But they have slater now. We just need to Come out in the first 20 like we did last night.

I love the fact every man and his dog is writing us off, look out because we are ready to click. You could see it last night, there was something about that performance to actually write home about. The writing is on the wall for us so everyone is writing but last night's victory has a corner turning moment written all over it.

I love the fact every man and his dog is writing us off, look out because we are ready to click. You could see it last night, there was something about that performance to actually write home about. The writing is on the wall for us so everyone is writing but last night's victory has a corner turning moment written all over it.

Everyone was putting in for each other. That's what stood out to me.

I wonder if Melbourne just might have one eye on the GF - they are very professional of course but hopefully they are buying into some of the hype.

Everyone was putting in for each other. That's what stood out to me.

I wonder if Melbourne just might have one eye on the GF - they are very professional of course but hopefully they are buying into some of the hype.

And let's be honest, buying into that hype is VERY warranted with the season they've had but if there is one team they would not want to be facing before the GF, it is the Broncs...and I reckon they know it.

Not just that, the win last night may not have been pretty, but it was really gritty. We toughed it out with a 3 players concussed by the end. This against a team who are known for their last 20 minute attacking blitz. They were in our 20m zone all throughout that period, and we held them out with a 1 man bench and a tired pack. Not to mention, missing many of our key stars...

Yes, it may not have been pretty. Yes, outsiders may not have been impressed. But in my opinion, the win gives the boys some mongrel, some much-needed drive. They've shown each other what they've doubted this whole season - that they can tough it out big-time. A good addition of some self-belief right in-time.

Every man and his dog are talking down on our chances of beating Melbourne. The criticism will all be fuel for the engine that just clicked into gear. Assuming we get some of our stars back, I rate our chances of producing an upset. Melbourne may already have one eye on the Grand-Final.

And let's be honest, buying into that hype is VERY warranted with the season they've had but if there is one team they would not want to be facing before the GF, it is the Broncs...and I reckon they know it.

And hopefully they appreciate that due to cheating the cap and knocking us out year after year, it's time for some karmic retribution.

If Bennett wants to fire the boys up, he just needs to tell them to look at twitter.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-in-the-grand-final/1wepeec4lufu3z3rbcvowlnfd
I love this! I have never seen bigger favourites for a prelim final! Never! And we made the gf 2 years ago, finished 3rd, have a good record in Melbourne, have a coach with more premierships then nearly every other coach in the nrl combined, and have got here missing 5 of our top 17 (2 of which we get back next week, 3 if you count Oates missing last game really).

I know I'm probably one of the more positive fans on here but........ this smells of a massive ambush.... and if it doesn't, owe well-we have done well to get here with our injuries this year anyway

Let's be honest, we shouldn't beat Melbourne, no one should this year, they have just been so good...but I just have a sneaking suspicion we will.

I love this! I have never seen bigger favourites for a prelim final! Never! And we made the gf 2 years ago, finished 3rd, have a good record in Melbourne, have a coach with more premierships then nearly every other coach in the nrl combined, and have got here missing 5 of our top 17 (2 of which we get back next week, 3 if you count Oates missing last game really).

I know I'm probably one of the more positive fans on here but........ this smells of a massive ambush.... and if it doesn't, owe well-we have done well to get here with our injuries this year anyway

I'm with you my man.

The crowd numbers have been pretty poor this year so the nrl won't want to be embarrassed on their showpiece grand final day. The best thing would be cowboys broncos rematch. Make it happen nrl.

Hopefully we get this team this week:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Joffa
9. Hunt
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Thaiday
16. TPJ
17. Arrow

Ese'ese unlucky but that's life, Arrow just brings more in my opinion. He's ability to tighten up the ruck in the middle of matches is Dodds-like, plus he has the ability to offer quite a bit in runs and offloads as well, something Dodds never had. I reckon we need to do something unexpected and Joffa has been going phenomenally well of late, he has really matured this season it seems and could really relish the start.

What if Thaiday gets thrown into hooker to start the game with joffa as prop. Then you could have a bench of

9. Hunt
15. Herman
16. Tpj
17. Arrow

Grind out a win.

What if Thaiday gets thrown into hooker to start the game with joffa as prop. Then you could have a bench of

9. Hunt
15. Herman
16. Tpj
17. Arrow

Grind out a win.

Can't see Hunt being on the bench to start, we need to be all out attack from the start.

If we somehow defeat the Storm, I truly believe it will be one of the biggest upsets in rugby league history.

Overall I thought our attack was very poor but really happy with our defence. Granted the Panthers would have had a couple more tries if they played behind rather than the front runner on Moga's edge. Lucky for Moga his gamble paid of this time. The commentators were giving him wraps but he looks a fool if the right passes where thrown it's a 3 on 1 for a certain try. Saying that, I thought Moga's defence was very good at other times.

Gillette was concerning in the first half. When he's off the pace he comes across as super clumsy and uncoordinated. But he was a champ defensively in the second half. A standout for me was Glenn. He has been next level the last month or so. His movement for his line break in the first half was top shelf and he put is heart into his defence. Awesome leg speed in his hit ups also. It's been stated already that Moose was immense, but I also though Joe O was also really good. And happy that for the most part Blair and Thaiday brought their better form.

My thoughts on Milf for this game was fairly unimpressive. A lot of one out running at the line with no plan. It was said somewhere else that he plays better when he plays the link man for the first part of the game. His running game then has more surprise and impact. He was super obvious last night and was easily contained.

I thought our ball players where indecisive a lot of the time which meant the defence was all over us by the time the ball got to the edges. It was lucky for us that both Oates and Jimmy's tries kind of came out of nowhere and showed up some poor defence.

If Boyd, Sims and Oates are all good for next week I'll dare to believe.

Do we really need Benji? He did some good things last night, but some really poor things as well. All depends on Boyd's fitness I suppose

Is Sims a chance for this game or is he only a chance for GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Jason Simmons
  • tajhay
  • cento
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Howie
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • bb_gun
  • Rah88
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.