Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Eagerly awaiting the details of what Milford did that was good tonight..
I've been one of Milford's staunchest supporters but have to say, the game was there for him to take it by the scruff of the neck and stamp himself as the superstar people have been wanting him to be. But I thought he went missing and didn't look to get involved enough, especially in the big moments.

He didn't look to support when there were chances unfolding, he was no where to be seen on some of last tackle plays and his defence was pretty ordinary, especially that effort in the second half where he basically let the Storm backrower just waltz straight past him.

Maybe I'm being hard on him given he has been playing with a bung shoulder but he is at a crossroads I feel. If he wants the money, he needs to stop phoning in his performances. I want to see 2015 ball runner Milf, not this uncertain, timid ball playing Milf that is going backwards in his career.

Big year for him next year. I feel if he doesn't start delivering, he'll fade away as a "what could have been".

I thought MILF had a reasonably game.
Our problem is our forwards dont make any ground, Oates and Kahuh have got bigger balls that our starting forwards.
If we had some mongrels in the forwards the rest of the team could run amok.....
Fair weather bullies we are but as soon as it starts getting tuff we can't compete.

At least we don't have to put with the worst starting front row in the NRL anymore.
Also, what's with Gillett and stiffling our attack? Why can't he run lines? Glenn can run lines, but Gillett just can't most of the time. Can't get any decent ball to Roberts with him in the way there.
Drives me insane. He needs to stop jogging alongside the half waiting for the ball and run a fucking line.

im not blaming him, but we wont win a premiership with him at 7. bench cover player is his worth

Won't win a premiership if paying our halves over 20% of the cap either

That was rough.

Went better this year than I expected, we are in for a tough couple of years I think.
Totally agree. We have not replaced the cattle we a losing, so i don't see how it can get any better.

Apparently I REALLY need to re-watch as I actually thought milf was solid.

I thought MILF had a reasonably game.
Our problem is our forwards dont make any ground, Oates and Kahuh have got bigger balls that our starting forwards.
If we had some mongrels in the forwards the rest of the team could run amok.....
Fair weather bullies we are but as soon as it starts getting tuff we can't compete.
Our forwards were the only good thing about us tonight.. We were in their twenty attacking for half the night but couldn't get over the line. It certainly wasn't our forwards not making metres tonight that made us lose..

Won't win a premiership if paying our halves over 20% of the cap either
Melbourne are paying the Cronk, Smith and Slater half the cap and can still put together a better 14 players than anyone else.

We have too many middle-of-the-road players on middle-of-the-road money, who could be replaced by a $120k player for little to no loss.

Melbourne are paying the Cronk, Smith and Slater half the cap and can still put together a better 14 players than anyone else.

Their other 14 players are pretty average outside a few
They elevate everyone around them

yeah, get him in the right culture and he would be consistent AF i reckon. Cleary would be preferable tho, so much talent and time to build on it.

Just really dont want milford in the halves any more, it just doesnt work. Milf and Nik next year just means we will be lucky to make the 8 next year.

Bird at 5/8 would even be a better option, but then that messes up the lock spot.....

You don't pay $1m a season for solid. He needs to cut the shit and get his fat ass in to gear for next season, if he does this 5 good games followed by 5 bad games followed by 2 horrible games crap again next season, it's time to move on. I know he's young, but if you aren't improving in consistency after this many deep finals runs in a row, you're simply not going to improve in that area. Much like we criticised Hunt for not improving his kicking game over the space of 3 seasons, it's time we start criticising Milford for not improving his fitness and consistency in 3 seasons, both of which have unarguably deteriorated since he arrived.

He's solid, looked good on his feet a few times, but not in the role the team expected him to be. It's clear he's meant to be the leading half, but he has no organisational skills at all. It actually seems to hurt his running game too. Look at how Morgan improved in the last months or two, he's now probably the 3rd best half in the game.

Remember how we weren't allowed to say "I told you so" when he got us to the GF? Well you shouldn't really be allowed to say anything after he got us one game from the GF.
Oh, you did plenty of "I told you so", and I'm more than convinced he didn't take us to the GF, Walters did!

As much as he is a master at managing a team. He can make a group of players really believe and play for each other, which is absolutely an immense credit to him, as it is very hard to do.
That said, he is way past as a tactical coach. Without individual ad-hoc brilliance from our very talented players, we flounder every time against the top teams.

P.S. Following your own train of thought, why are you bagging Milford who also took us to that GF, and was by far our best player in it?

EDIT: Spam

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, get him in the right culture and he would be consistent AF i reckon. Cleary would be preferable tho, so much talent and time to build on it.

Just really dont want milford in the halves any more, it just doesnt work. Milf and Nik next year just means we will be lucky to make the 8 next year.

Bird at 5/8 would even be a better option, but then that messes up the lock spot.....

Milford should be consistent if what you are saying is right.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • Painin the Haas
  • Harry Sack
  • mrslong
  • Cavalo
  • thenry
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.