Finals Week #3

Grade 1 shoulder charge is 200 points. So ANY charge is a suspension which he would have to beat.

I'm not really sure the Slater effort on Feki is a shoulder charge, he didn't tuck the arm.

Still, it'd be funny to see the brouhaha if he is charged.

Hey Mal. Common sense is Billy getting suspended next week. Which we all know will not happen.

To be honest, Sharks are missing way too many important players to really have had a chance here.

Billy won't get suspended. They go easy on you on your last game, same with Hodges in 2015.

Billy won't get suspended. They go easy on you on your last game, same with Hodges in 2015.
They’ll have to convince Feki to give evidence saying he milked it though.

Fox dickheads want the rules changed for Billy.

No player is bigger than the game - unless you want corruption in your sport.

Which is why Thurston/Cronk/Cammy/Billy need to all diaf.

The only reason Hodges was cleared is because of Guerra's testimony stating that he milked it and purposely dived to gain a penalty.

If Guerra didn't do that, Hodges would have been suspended.

However, I do agree that Slater will be cleared. They will find a way.

Slater has to be suspended. No ifs or buts. Anything else is straight up corruption of a supposedly independent arm of the game that is run like an actual court.

There's no way it isn't a shoulder charger to the letter of law, and it's been covered high and wide so they can't even pretend they missed it.

It'll be a huge decision if they don't ban him.

The shoulder charge rule was bought in to stop attacks to the head slaters shoulder on body sideways charge should be allowed.

The shoulder charge rule was bought in to stop attacks to the head slaters shoulder on body sideways charge should be allowed.
This could be a way to bring back the shoulder charge, suspend the golden boy.

I was walking around pompei listening to the game so i haven't seen any vision but the 2gb crew are all adamant he won't be playing next week.

Yeah but they aren't so he should be suspended. The risk of there being contact to the head is why bodyshots are also suspendable.

For those who haven't seen it:

No it wasnt. Thats got nothing to do with it. A head high is a head high,hitting the head is illegal and banned already. The shoulder charge was banned for the mountains of evidence that it causes brain damage.

“The NRL banned the shoulder charge after evidence showed the average G-force from one is 10.682 compared to 6.056 from the conventional front-on tackle.
Overall, shoulder charges are 76 per cent greater in impact than the conventional front-on tackle.”
And for me shoulder charges are piss weak.. you want to hit a bloke a bloke as a sign of toughness? Do it front on and under the ribs. Shoulder charges are almost always from the side, where the player you hit doesnt see you, and they are no risk to the defender. Its about as tough as a cowards punch.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.