Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

how many matches in 17 has he been a matchwinner for the club.
and you wanna give him the captaincy, NFI tosser

Yep NFI wtf you just typed but yeah I’d consider him for captain because frankly, everyone else is weak as piss. Who would you suggest then mr know it all

From the NRL forum.
Have a look at the track record of teams following a Bennett stint:

Broncos in the Henjak era: Rubbish
Dragons post 2010/11: Rubbish
Knights post Tinkler/Bennett: Rubbish +++
Broncos 2019 Rubbish ++

The old prick straight sabotages clubs he leaves behind.
Not saying this is why we just got hammered, but it plays into the overall state of the club this year.
The guy is poison for the sport imo.
He is the greatest coach of all time.
What clubs/coaches do after him is on them Imo.

His statements from 4:15 onwards are a direct shot at the senior players in my opinion. He's basically saying the young blokes put in a LOT more than the senior blokes.

I got that impression too and when he got called out on it he deflected it.

But I’m interested to know who these senior players are?

Because from the outside looking in, despite McCullough as a player, he is apparently one of the best trainers at the club. Glenn seems to have always held himself with class professionally. Gillett is coming off serious injuries so not sure if he is the one being spoken about and Seibold has harped on about how well Boyd has trained all year and it’s one of his best off seasons statistically. Maybe Oates and Milford are the senior players in this bracket.

Otherwise I can only assume maybe he is talking about how they don’t offer enough during games compared to the younger guys that would make more sense. For what it’s worth I think Glenn at least did a commendable job and can still hold his head up high. Especially as he isn’t on close to the money the others are on. Maybe it’s time the club make the higher earning players more accountable for their contracts.

You know what I’ll consider Seibold having a pass this year if I read reports that he just started throwing haymakers at the players as soon as he walk into the dressing room after the game, I’ll be especially happy if I hear he junk kicked Boyd. Lol 😂 sorry I’m now in depression stage

I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Thought he was saying the right things and doing ok up until the ending.

Felt like that was a bit of a slap in the face for the fans who have continued to turn up and support the club through this absolute debacle. The least he could have done was thank them and told them to stick by the club as it will do what is necessary to compete next season.

Instead he decided to make it about himself and said “worked damn hard all season so I’m not going to apologise” That to me killed anything promising he said in the opening 7 mins. I get he was upset and the journo obviously hit a nerve but deadset how about showing some damn class and compassion.

Totally embarrassing, much worse than I thought possible... and its the same old useless players fkin up everything week after week. As posted in here Boyd, McC and Gillette HAVE TO GO. Oates needs to get back his mojo or needs to move on as well... although I would be bummed if he moved on and it proved a stupid move on our part.. I just think he has lost confidence in the 'senior dud players' in the club and is playing accordingly. I have backed Seebs 100% this first year and I can see he does not have the confidence yet to sack or demote our overpaid, over contracted, overrated 'Venerated' players, but in honesty if he does not step up and show some balls in getting rid of the baggage and choosing his own team I will join a few here and declare we must get rid of him too. It still comes back to the players for mine. We have no Captain, just a selfish little biych who is there just for a paycheck. Quote '"I thought my game was ok today" are you freeking kidding me? ..... He is delusional (and sadly his wife seems to be the same way). Absolutely useless in guiding the young ones and that McC is just as freeking useless, running around in circles and then just dropping the ball... unbelievable. Gillette has added to "dumbing down" the side since he came back and need to retire and look after his neck, and shoulders, and knees, and ankles, and ribs blah blah.

If the coach does not TOTALLY OVERHAUL the entire team in the off season and cut or demote the excess baggage this fan base is in for a very long and sad 2020. I said in the Pre Match forum that the young forwards need a strong captain and experienced player guidance to perform well and that proved correct.. these youngsters have HUGE potential but being led by fairies is going to destroy their enthusiasm and willingness to get stuck in and be in the right place at the right time... that is what the senior players are supposed to do, GUIDE. the youngsters.. we don't have that.

Today was a horror story but not unexpected, we crawled into the eight with a whimper and only ever looked like a decent side when a couple of the ''USless squad'' were injured and the young ones ignored the captain and had a dig.

Led by our illustrious seniors today we failed miserably.

For me, a Bronco supporter since day one we need to:
1. Give Seebs another year to implement his plan and give him board backing to make all the changes needed.
2. Sack or reposition Boyd away from Captain and any play making position. If they cant sack him put him in the centres or on the bench
3. Sack McCullough - no hesitation.
4. Sack Gillette.
5. Train Bird at fullback in the off season, Isaako as backup.
6. Put Milford back in 5/8.
7. Get Tom Deardon fitter and stronger and make Alf work with him EVERY day. Find a good young lower grade halfback to train with the first side.
8. Get Shane Webcke and Petro Civoniceva as forwards assistant coaches. Throw Gordy in if available as anger management developer. Create a siege mentality in the young forward group.
9. Make Turpin and Segeyaro alternating hooker/bench players.
10. Put some pride back into the Broncos jersey. Make team selection more performance based to find who really wants to be a bronco player and develop more backup position options from lower grades.

That should do to start with.
See you all next year.

Get a grip man. The journos didn't ask any outrageous questions.
True that. The media though have a habit of sensationalising simple quotes and love starting shit.
Wayne is the same, gives them nothing to work with, and helps protect the players from unnecessary media crud.

I’m curious, are people putting Gillo in the same basket as B+M because they

A) don’t feel he’s better than Pangai/Glenn
B) don’t want his contract
or
C) don’t think he’s worth his contract (this is different to B)

My bias acknowledged, he doesn’t deserve to be on the chopping block

I put him in a the basket a tier below Boyd and Macca.

It’s nothing against him personally but it’s purely based on how he has come back post possible career threatening injury whilst taking up a rumoured $700k+ for multiple upcoming seasons.

Unless he somehow turns back the clock multiple years we are going to have a $700k forward on our books for at least 2 years who would be lucky to be in our starting pack and not providing anywhere near his current contract value. If we didn’t have other underperforming senior players on overinflated contracts he would probably be given more leeway for another year but we can’t afford to have players on these contracts who don’t have much bearings in winning games which is why his name is coming up in these discussions. The fact Gillett made Origin this year is more a reflection of QLD’s current forward stocks than earning his spot on form.

He is a great coach, no doubt, but there is a pattern here that can't be denied.
Also, the way he handled contracts with the Broncos before leaving is undoubtedly a part of the reason the club is in the state its in.
Boyd and Macca on long term, high paying contracts in the twilight era of their careers is not a good move no matter how its spun.
I liked Bennett for the most part, but he is a sneaky prick too i believe and i wouldn't put it past him to take advantage of EVERY opportunity to get what ever club he is coaching an advantage, and if that means fucking over the club you are leaving behind, then so be it.

I’m curious, are people putting Gillo in the same basket as B+M because they

A) don’t feel he’s better than Pangai/Glenn
B) don’t want his contract
or
C) don’t think he’s worth his contract (this is different to B)

My bias acknowledged, he doesn’t deserve to be on the chopping block
For me it's the money. He's worth maybe half his $700k contract. Him and Glenn are like for like to me personally at the moment, and Glenn (if he stays) is going to be on around $200k...

Glenn is just the ultimate professional in my opinion and typifies what the broncos used to be. I don't think anyone else in the team really does at this point.

Gillo and for mine, Milford are unfairly targeted on here. They are victims of the diabolical ineptitude of Dariu$$$ and Macca, and the selection of Turpin at 7 when SOS was available, as well as the senseless move of Milford to FB to paper over the crack that Dariu$$$ is.

The only "redemption" for Seibold is that he can argue he gave the inept time to change, they failed, and now they have to go.

At a minimum, Bird to FB, Milford to 6, Dearden at 7 and Turpin/Seggy at 9. Seibold can then devise a half decent game plan based on a passing/running/support ... or else, he goes as well.

Dariu$$$ and Macca can be seen as excuses for Seibold's failure as a coach. They need to go so he no longer has any excuse and his true colours as a coach are visible to all.

I agree with your opening statement but at the end of the day Milford isn’t a million dollar player full stop.

He was rushed into the million dollar player category based on one purple patch season back in 2015. The danger always being when you get that big long term contract, your motivation and desperation to perform well dips. Sadly that looks to be the case. Mirror image of Ben Barba. Comes onto the scene and lights up the comp and then after getting the big money doesn’t rediscover that form. It’s human nature sadly. Ash Taylor is the epitome of this.

I’d resign Milford if we can get him a decent halves partner to try and reignite him but I would not break
the bank for him anymore. I think it sounds like the time has come to get in players with a winning is everything attitude and mentality because your contract worth is also what you show on the training pitch and off the field.

That's just ignorant. Wayne's tactic is known. He signs up 28-30 year olds at a cheaper salary than normal because he gives them 4 year deals when others don't at that age. He tries to win a comp in the first 1-2 years while they are not busted, and then he leaves for the last 2-3 years of their deal when they are busted and useless.

What to say, where to start. Week by week, game by game, my passion and interest in this team, and the NRL in general, has gradually been fading away in 2019. I thought after some of the performances us fans had been subjected to already this season, things couldn't possibly get any worse.

What we witnessed this afternoon my friends is surely at the very bottom of a stinking cesspool to which this once mighty club has now sunk to. Diabolical, insipid, gutless, amateurish, unprofessional, pea-hearted, disgraceful. I could go on, but we all saw it with our own eyes, so there is no need.

I have had my doubts about Seibold from early on in the season and today my worst fears were confirmed. We hired a dud and are seemingly stuck with him for the next 5 years on a lucrative contract. WHY, and yes I am looking at you Paul White and the rest of the board you fucking cretins, why sign a virtual rookie coach to such a long contract. Give him 2 to 3 years max, not 6 fucking years. I would be more than happy with a Kevvie/ Hodgo combo at this point.

Sure, many of you will say, "oh Kevvie is useless as a coach blah blah". Maybe you are right about that. But **** me, what have we gotten ourselves into with this useless Seibold prick! Walters and Hodgo couldn't be any worse surely, and they are Broncos men through and through. ****, I would take the bloke who organises the weekly bbq after training over Seibold. He's a number and stats man who talks up a big game but the **** is full of shit and hot air. Clearly.

Boyd, sorry to say but I truly don't give a **** about your mental health issues anymore. Get the **** out of the game and away from this team you sad, toxic piece of shit. Macca, Oates, Gillett, the 3 of you pack your shit and get the **** out of here while you are at it. And Milford, dear Milford. You overpaid, over-rated, lazy sack of shit. Get the **** back to Inala and stay there happily stuffing your face with mummy's home cooked taro pie.

It is a fucking sad day to see what this once proud club has become. We are the laughing stock of the NRL. And rightly so. It is actually cringeworthy to watch Seibold in the pressers and listening to his responses. He just appears and sounds so far out of his depth it's not funny.

Last edited:
He is a great coach, no doubt, but there is a pattern here that can't be denied.
Also, the way he handled contracts with the Broncos before leaving is undoubtedly a part of the reason the club is in the state its in.
Boyd and Macca on long term, high paying contracts in the twilight era of their careers is not a good move no matter how its spun.
I liked Bennett for the most part, but he is a sneaky prick too i believe and i wouldn't put it past him to take advantage of EVERY opportunity to get what ever club he is coaching an advantage, and if that means fucking over the club you are leaving behind, then so be it.
Like any decision you have to make it with the info at hand . Unfortunately hindsight isn't part of that info.
If you're suggesting he somehow knew he was being moved on a year early so he deliberately fucked over the club, then no. Thats too silly to talk about.

The old Kurt Gidley captain off the bench move? Glenn will be lucky to play 10 minutes a game if he stays considering Fifi and TPJ should play 80, and Carrigan, Haas, and Lodge have huge motors.

Out of curiosity who would you have as captain?

I think Glenn still offers something and at his value is one player we need to help balance the books. He would be in my starting back row alongside Fifita and TPJ unless Gillett miraculously finds any semblance of an attacking threat or rediscovers his defensive game. So if you don’t want him as captain you’d be hard press to find someone else unless you wanted to give it to someone like a Lodge which is a bit too much and early for him to be worrying about that. Maybe in 2 years time.

From the NRL forum.
Have a look at the track record of teams following a Bennett stint:

Broncos in the Henjak era: Rubbish
Dragons post 2010/11: Rubbish
Knights post Tinkler/Bennett: Rubbish +++
Broncos 2019 Rubbish ++

The old prick straight sabotages clubs he leaves behind.
Not saying this is why we just got hammered, but it plays into the overall state of the club this year.
The guy is poison for the sport imo.

The Des Hasler affect. Win at all costs

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.