Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I agree with your opening statement but at the end of the day Milford isn’t a million dollar player full stop.

He was rushed into the million dollar player category based on one purple patch season back in 2015. The danger always being when you get that big long term contract, your motivation and desperation to perform well dips. Sadly that looks to be the case. Mirror image of Ben Barba. Comes onto the scene and lights up the comp and then after getting the big money doesn’t rediscover that form. It’s human nature sadly. Ash Taylor is the epitome of this.

I’d resign Milford if we can get him a decent halves partner to try and reignite him but I would not break
the bank for him anymore. I think it sounds like the time has come to get in players with a winning is everything attitude and mentality because your contract worth is also what you show on the training pitch and off the field.

Well, I think we need to get players in key positions in the spine with real position-specific skills. Which is why I really like Bird at FB. A number of observers have rated him as a 1st class FB prospect - hard running, has ball playing skills and can defend really well.

With a decent half back I reckon Milford can shine and return to 2015 levels where he worked well with Hunt. I remember plays like inside-out balls to each other, something that just died in 2015. Creativity has gone out the window since then, made worse with garbage like Boyd at 6 and Macca at 9 - the most 1-dimensional player in a position which requires multi dimensional vision and thinking. Macca is like Oates: THICK

I'm telling you at least the Broncos Women's team would have tackled harder. And at least got 2 points.

One things for certain, the women’s team have a better spine hands down and that’s even after losing their best 9 in the off season to St George

The signs were there last week.

The Broncos knew they had made the finals, and just like they did in 2007, they checked out. They used up every ounce of energy they had left just to make the finals, and once they did, they were done. That was their season over.

For the last time mate FFS please read and comprehend if you can stop beating your chest long enough.
MOST people were happy for Wayne to stay this year. MOST people also realised how old he is. MOST people agreed that the club needed to look forward.
All your bitching has been about WB getting punted and nothing to do with some footballing foresight that you claim about AS not being able to coach.
We all know his first year had been absolute crap and he needs to show rapid improvement or he will be gone next year.
And to answer your question, yes , you're stupid , if you can't understand this.

Speaking of which, @broncosgoat I don’t think the question has ever been asked because most assume you were just butt hurt about us moving Bennett on but who did you want to coach Brisbane if not Bennett agenda aside?

The tantrums of entitlement are fucking hilarious from some in this thread. Talk about throwing toys out of the cot.

This is the loss that I’m sad to admit was required. Hopefully AS can grow a set of balls next year to sort this roster out. It must be considered that we had barely any halves options, but there were some strange choices at times. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we have a good halves direction next year.
What to say, where to start. Week by week, game by game, my passion and interest in this team, and the NRL in general, has gradually been fading away in 2019. I thought after some of the performances us fans had been subjected to already this season, things couldn't possibly get any worse.

What we witnessed this afternoon my friends is surely at the very bottom of a stinking cesspool to which this once mighty club has now sunk to. Diabolical, insipid, gutless, amateurish, unprofessional, pea-hearted, disgraceful. I could go on, but we all saw it with our own eyes, so there is no need.

I have had my doubts about Seibold from early on in the season and today my worst fears were confirmed. We hired a dud and are seemingly stuck with him for the next 5 years on a lucrative contract. WHY, and yes I am looking at you Paul White and the rest of the board you fucking cretins, why sign a virtual rookie coach to such a long contract. Give him 2 to 3 years max, not 6 fucking years. I would be more than happy with a Kevvie/ Hodgo combo at this point.

Sure, many of you will say, "oh Kevvie is useless as a coach blah blah". Maybe you are right about that. But **** me, what have we gotten ourselves into with this useless Seibold prick! Walters and Hodgo couldn't be any worse surely, and they are Broncos men through and through. ****, I would take the bloke who organises the weekly bbq after training over Seibold. He's a number and stats man who talks up a big game but the **** is full of shit and hot air. Clearly.

Boyd, sorry to say but I truly don't give a **** about your mental health issues anymore. Get the **** out of the game and away from this team you sad, toxic piece of shit. Macca, Oates, Gillett, the 3 of you pack your shit and get the **** out of here while you are at it. And Milford, dear Milford. You overpaid, over-rated, lazy sack of shit. Get the **** back to Inala and stay there happily stuffing your face with mummy's home cooked taro pie.

It is a fucking sad day to see what this once proud club has become. We are the laughing stock of the NRL. And rightly so. It is actually cringeworthy to watch Seibold in the pressers and listening to his responses. He just appears and sounds so far out of his depth it's not funny.
Sad but true , and so well said .

i know some will disagree but id honestly give the captaincy to lodge. sure his form has been down the end half of the year with stupid penalties and mistakes but the guys shows passion and cares about this club.

i honestly think he is the best option for captain and one that would demand respect from this young squad

I agree but my only worry is how easily frustrated he seemed to get towards the back end but that also could be put down to how frustrated he was on our inept showings on the field and was one of the few that took it personally.

In my opinion I’d give it to Glenn for 2 years and then groom Lodge for it.

Thought he was saying the right things and doing ok up until the ending.

Felt like that was a bit of a slap in the face for the fans who have continued to turn up and support the club through this absolute debacle. The least he could have done was thank them and told them to stick by the club as it will do what is necessary to compete next season.

Instead he decided to make it about himself and said “worked damn hard all season so I’m not going to apologise” That to me killed anything promising he said in the opening 7 mins. I get he was upset and the journo obviously hit a nerve but deadset how about showing some damn class and compassion.
Why should he apologise. He worked hard the players didn't. They should apologise not him. He did however infer that the buck stops with him as head coach and everything is on the table now. Incidentally WB last year coached us to concede 48 against The Dragons. Didn't hear him apologise either.

Has Fifita signed up for you guys yet? Maybe there is a chance he might want out?

Any other players Warriors can target at the broncos to make the broncos up their offer and ruin their cap? Or maybe we dont need to....you guys have Boyd and Mccullough locked up right? Please lock up Alex Glenn as well before Kearney the dope gets a hardon and tries to offer him a Blair-like retirement contract.

Social media is coming after Seibold big time. Broncos fans are not happy with the record scoreline.

Thank **** for that because I made the stupid mistake last week of commenting on the Broncos Facebook page (for god knows what reason) knowing full well I wouldn’t get any educated debate
and I had the peanut gallery ripping into me straight away saying how Macca is the best and that there is no Macca problem and that he is our best hooker, how I’m not a real fan and how unfair I was on Boyd. They just clearly disregard my opinion and debate because they only care what the coach says and thinks was their actual quote.

Absolute muppets will be pulling their head out of the sand after that result no doubt! When you can even get a rise out of the clueless lowest common denominator fans after that result, that’s when you know you have almost every fan looking for blood.

I don't care that he didn't apologise. What troubles me is that he seems scared of offending his players by ripping into them. It makes me think he's more concerned with being liked than winning.
So much this. I mentioned ages ago that he tried to be one of the ‘cool’ teachers and wasn’t hard on even the troublesome students. Seems like it only took the worst beating of our club’s reputation before people are starting to see the same thing I’ve stating for awhile.

Wonder what playlist seibold will have cranking at training this pre season?

He is the greatest coach of all time.
What clubs/coaches do after him is on them Imo.

It works both ways depending on how you look at it.

When Bennett left in 2008, we still did ok from 2009-2011 barring that 2010 season. 2009 and 2011 we were in game off a GF. We struggle from 2012 onwards because we lost Lockyer who is a future immortal and was virtually irreplaceable. History dictates that was always going to be hard to move on from.

St George struggled after Bennett left in 2011 because he took most of the senior guys he brought to Saints with him to get instant success to Newcastle which left a big hole experience and success wise.

And after Bennett’s Newcastle stint most of those guys he bought there had served their purpose and were bearing the end of their careers (Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith) and Boyd followed him back to Brisbane.

And after Bennett left this time in 2019, it’s fair to say we had a few senior players probably on their last legs (Boyd, Macca, Gillett) which we now need to address for 2020 and it’s fair to say our recruitment and retention has been the biggest overriding factor in our current predicament. Whoever controls this should be the first head on the chopping block rather then straight away blaming Bennett or Seibold.

You know what I’ll consider Seibold having a pass this year if I read reports that he just started throwing haymakers at the players as soon as he walk into the dressing room after the game, I’ll be especially happy if I hear he junk kicked Boyd. Lol [emoji23] sorry I’m now in depression stage

Also wouldn’t be disappointed if someone went David Fa’alogo on Seibold either

Has Fifita signed up for you guys yet? Maybe there is a chance he might want out?

Any other players Warriors can target at the broncos to make the broncos up their offer and ruin their cap? Or maybe we dont need to....you guys have Boyd and Mccullough locked up right? Please lock up Alex Glenn as well before Kearney the dope gets a hardon and tries to offer him a Blair-like retirement contract.
How did the Warriors finals campaign go?

Why should he apologise. He worked hard the players didn't. They should apologise not him. He did however infer that the buck stops with him as head coach and everything is on the table now. Incidentally WB last year coached us to concede 48 against The Dragons. Didn't hear him apologise either.

I don’t care personally if he apologises but I thought making it about himself was a bit of a cop out and just lacked a bit of empathy and there would be fans out there who paid good money all season who probably deserved a better answer than that.

As I stated earlier I reckon a better way to answer that question without it looking like sour grapes was to at least thank the fan base for turning up despite the obvious deficiencies and to plead for them to stick by the club as it does everything necessary to turn this around. Would have shown a tonne more class and defiance.

How did the Warriors finals campaign go?
Lets face it, thats a very bad comeback. You guys put up the whiteflag and just bended over from the starting whistle to record the worst loss in your entire history. There is no doubt that no other team would have been reamed by the Eels by that much today. Yes not even the Titans. Thank you Broncos, from all the NRL teams!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • Tim K
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.