/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

3am76r.jpg

One of the worst performances I've seen, not only in Broncos history but in NRL history.

In attack they were attrocious. When they finally got their hands on some possession, they were too scared to cart the ball up and kept looking for passes to receivers who didn't want a bar of it. I lost count of the amount of times somebody would give the ball off to somebody standing behind the play, standing flat footed who didn't present himself as a viable option.

For a side that plays such basic football, it was astounding how they couldn't even get the basics right. I could possibly look the other way if it was exhaustion and mentally they were shot, but in the opening exchanges, Milford couldn't even get to his kick. That's unforgiveable at this level and really a player of his calibre should be highly embarrassed.

The defence was just as bad if not worse. They constantly lost the ruck despite getting numbers in the tackle. It was rare that they were able to make a good tackle and on every critical play they managed to make the worst possible choice. They made life extremely easy for the Eels and with every play that went against them, they'd just give up the ghost.

As a team there were no positives to take out of that performances. They approached the game with a plan to grind their way to victory and couldn't even do that. They got what they deserved and they have to live with that for the rest of the off-season.

The only positive I can find is Payne Haas who once again got through 80 minutes and made the most runs, made the most tackles and was the only player to threaten the Eels. He's had one of the best seasons of any front row forward in this club's history and he's easily been the best player of 2019.

A horrible end to a horrible season.

Hope the Boys really train hard this week and make some serious noise this coming finals series. Go broncos

Speaking of which, @broncosgoat I don’t think the question has ever been asked because most assume you were just butt hurt about us moving Bennett on but who did you want to coach Brisbane if not Bennett agenda aside?

Bayne Wennett.

Social media is coming after Seibold big time. Broncos fans are not happy with the record scoreline.
And if the club bows to the fans they can expect a similar set of results next year.

The players will have been given a reprieve if the coach is sacked and a chance to start fresh under a new coach.

Sacking a coach 12 months into a 5yr deal is titans level crazy.

The recruitment and retention committee should be on notice for agreeing to some of the contracts we are currently wearing

Milford, McCullough, Darius, Bird,
All need to go, they take up so much of the salary cap and don't perform???
If you don't perform at your job you get sacked, why is it different for these protected species?
Why bother playing good if you job is safe getting massive money?
Disgraceful.

#Darkhorse what a joke

Last edited:
If you don't perform at your job you get sacked, why is it different for these protected species?
Disgraceful.

#Darkhorse what a joke

Fair point but this is not all on the players.
The broncos hierarchy should also be held accountable but I’m pretty sure their jobs will all be safe.

Disgraceful.

#Darkhorse what a joke
I’m on board with this, add Oates, Isaako and Shiba to the list.
I’m not convinced we should give up on bird just yet. He was good pre injury this year, but I’m not sure where he fits.

Disgraceful.

#Darkhorse what a joke

You are aware bird did his acl?
Did you not see that he was one of our best before getting injured?
He is exactly the type of player we need in this team moving forward. Plays his heart out and is filthy as heck if the team loses.

Last edited:
Arthurs must have watched the Raiders games during the week because that was classic Sheens coaching. They played with such width which spread the Broncos out and then came back at the gaps on the inside shoulder- very good coaching.

Daley and Stuart would do that to teams every week, throw 20 meters passes and then let backs one on one and they'd score.

Even in defence, compress up, make them go around you but because you're faster the gap and space really isn't there it's an illusion. Just slide off and stifle them. Raiders did that with smaller mobile forwards.

Very good coaching.

Last edited:
Arthurs must have watched the Raiders games during the week because that was classic Sheens coaching. They played with such width which spread the Broncos out and then came back at the gaps on the inside shoulder- very good coaching.

Daley and Stuart would do that to teams every week, throw 20 meters passes and then let backs one on one and they'd score.

Even in defence, compress up, make them go around you but because you're faster the gap and space really isn't there it's an illusion. Just slide off and stifle them. Raiders did that with smaller mobile forwards.

Very good coaching.

Absolutely this. This post ought to be sent to Seibold

Absolutely this. This post ought to be sent to Seibold
As I recall he was seen going over stats with some players at half time in one of our recent games. Between that and the interesting selections and our evident lack of any tactics or gameplans I'm not entirely confident he'd benefit from that post anyway.

As I recall he was seen going over stats with some players at half time in one of our recent games. Between that and the interesting selections and our evident lack of any tactics or gameplans I'm not entirely confident he'd benefit from that post anyway.

Well, in any case, it leaves Seibold with even less excuses for next year's performances

You are aware bird did his acl?
Did you not see that he was one of our best before getting injured?
He is exactly the type of player we need in this team moving forward. Plays his heart out and is filthy as heck if the team loses.
Don't quote me if i'm wrong,
But i'm under the impression hes got some kind of condition causing him to be injured a fair bit. Unfortunately not his fault at all and it was Bennett that bought him in with a shoulder injury as well.
But can we afford to have a top player always injured sitting on good coin on the bench?
Time will tell but if hes always constantly injured??? What do you do?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.