First Test- Australia v India at the 'Gabba.

Adelaide 9/12
Brisbane 17/12
Melbourne 26/12
Sydney 6/01

Rogers
Warner
Watson
Smith
Clarke
Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Lyon
Hazlewood- 12th man
Hughes- 13th man

Really glad Clarke is playing. Hopefully he is fit enough to get through the whole test series.

I really hope it's not another one of those things where Clarke is pushing himself to play even though he's not fit, I really don't want him to retire hurt after scoring 20 not out in the first innings.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and gets back to that form he was in a couple of years ago, that was magical.

I kind of think Clarke has to play this test in his mind as some sort of way of honouring Hughes.

I really hope it's not another one of those things where Clarke is pushing himself to play even though he's not fit, I really don't want him to retire hurt after scoring 20 not out in the first innings.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and gets back to that form he was in a couple of years ago, that was magical.

60 not out, wasn't far off, I knew it was going to happen.

I kind of think Clarke has to play this test in his mind as some sort of way of honouring Hughes.

He was looking pretty fit up until he tweaked his back. Back injuries tend to randomly happen like Pups did today. That could be him for the summer.

Part of me questions whether our batting strength is in question here. I don't think India are likely to expose it but Watson rarely scores big and Marsh is still unproven in terms of having the ability to bat at six in tests.

Take Clarke out and it's even less strong IMO. Obviously still a deep batting line up but one sorely lacking in century makers now.

Part of me questions whether our batting strength is in question here. I don't think India are likely to expose it but Watson rarely scores big and Marsh is still unproven in terms of having the ability to bat at six in tests.

Take Clarke out and it's even less strong IMO. Obviously still a deep batting line up but one sorely lacking in century makers now.

We need to make a call on Watto and find a genuine number 3. The selectors are hard for Shaun Marsh but his back and hamstring injuries are no better than Clarke's. We certainly don't have the batting to carry 2 all rounders IMO.

We need to make a call on Watto and find a genuine number 3. The selectors are hard for Shaun Marsh but his back and hamstring injuries are no better than Clarke's. We certainly don't have the batting to carry 2 all rounders IMO.

I agree in principal, but whilst the alternative is Shaun Marsh I still feel Watson is a good enough option.

I think a lot depends on how good Marsh is. I've not seen enough of him to make a call, but if he can bat to the quality of a test batsman and be able to be picked for that alone, then we can carry Watson a bit more.

Khawaja needs to stand up, because there's a big chance now for him.

What is with the Indian spinners with epileptic fit in the delivery stride. First it was Ashwin, now This guy Sharma.

I agree in principal, but whilst the alternative is Shaun Marsh I still feel Watson is a good enough option.

I think a lot depends on how good Marsh is. I've not seen enough of him to make a call, but if he can bat to the quality of a test batsman and be able to be picked for that alone, then we can carry Watson a bit more.

Khawaja needs to stand up, because there's a big chance now for him.

I'd like to see them give Joe Burns a crack.

I'd be going this for Brissy:

1. Warner
2. Burns/Khawaja
3. Watson unfortunately
4. Fergusen
5. Smith
6. Marsh

i know they won't.

I like Khawaja, but he failed more times at test level than Hughesy did, I'd be keen to give Joe Burns or even Chis Lynn a crack, they're both great young batsmen.

Steve Smith with a century. Clarke is on 98*.

Clarke as gutsy today as he was in SA in March- his two best knocks.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Bongo
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.