First Test- Australia v India at the 'Gabba.

I'd be going this for Brissy:

1. Warner
2. Burns/Khawaja
3. Watson unfortunately
4. Fergusen
5. Smith
6. Marsh

i know they won't.

Khawaja has lost all momentum after his injury- does 31* and 12 really get you a Test berth? Fergurson has been in good form this year with two hundreds but missed out today. Burns in Law's language is tapping on the window not banging down the door.

Why do we need to drop Rogers?

Last 12 months against England, SA, Pakistan and India (11 Tests)- 3-50's and 3 100's.

I don't think Rogers needs to be dropped, least of all for a series in England. But even though he played today, Clarke is surely going to miss some time as I feel the World Cup is a bigger priority now that the first time post Hughes tragedy is over. So that means someone has to replace him. I understand it will be Marsh because he's had a good summer, but a guy who can't even average 40 at first class level is the long term solution to nothing at test level.

I'm pushing hard for Burns. I do think a few consecutive centuries is what he really needs to get noticed. More tons please Joe.

I don't think Rogers needs to be dropped, least of all for a series in England. But even though he played today, Clarke is surely going to miss some time as I feel the World Cup is a bigger priority now that the first time post Hughes tragedy is over. So that means someone has to replace him. I understand it will be Marsh because he's had a good summer, but a guy who can't even average 40 at first class level is the long term solution to nothing at test level.
Clark had a sub 35 avge at Shield level.

Geez Siddle looks pretty ordinary with the ball.

As I said in another thread recently, Australia has to move on from Siddle asap ... In fairness he's probably there a bit by default at the moment due to our perma-injured brigade of young quicks (Does James Pattinson still play cricket ?) ...

Siddle just hasn't been anywhere near as threatening since he switched to that 'bananas and bird seed' diet ...

Siddle is a toiler. He has worked hard for us and deserves respect for that. He has had the odd inspirational spell but largely he gets by on ticker. He isn't that talented and will be overtaken by the young brigade sooner rather than later.

When will we see a pitch with something for the quicks. **** the batsmen parading around like they're top shit on this pile of crap wicket. I will now shut up. Harris just caught Koli.

Great catch by Harris.

Also great to see the bouncers being bowled fast at a new batsman.

It's not a terrible deck, pretty evenly poised test match as it stands.

When will we see a pitch with something for the quicks. **** the batsmen parading around like they're top **** on this pile of crap wicket. I will now shut up. Harris just caught Koli.

Next week at the Gabba. This is Adelaide. It is like this all the time. It was like this last year when Mitch took 7/40.

Next week at the Gabba. This is Adelaide. It is like this all the time. It was like this last year when Mitch took 7/40.
I know . Can't wait. Seem to have been watching games on the sick they cough up in the subcontinent for ever.

When will we see a pitch with something for the quicks. **** the batsmen parading around like they're top **** on this pile of crap wicket. I will now shut up. Harris just caught Koli.

Adelaide has only had four draws since '92.

It's the same pitch (no 4) as the Ashes last year where Johnson got 7.

The Australian innings was the first time ever in Australian cricket (137 years) that three players from the same state have scored 100. Nearly happened in '93 with Slater and Taylor but Mark Waugh got 99.

When will we see a pitch with something for the quicks. **** the batsmen parading around like they're top shit on this pile of crap wicket. I will now shut up. Harris just caught Koli.

Don't count your chickens just yet .. The Adelaide wicket generally offers up good batting conditions in the first innings and gets trickier on days four and five ...

IMO a lot of excuses are made for fast bowlers nowadays when big scores are made ... Great bowlers know how to make things happen under all conditions just by zeroing in on a relentless line and length.

Adelaide has only had four draws since '92.

It's the same pitch (no 4) as the Ashes last year where Johnson got 7.
Hopefully this ends up the same. Indian batting seems to have a bit more resolve than the poms. I was just getting impatient. Hope the Aussie quicks don't fall into the same trap.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Hurrijo
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.