First Test- Australia v India at the 'Gabba.

Warne is such a great reader and analyst of the game. He was saying that if some of our bowlers got some rythem on this wicket we could still gain a good first innings lead and once we started to on a wicket which has been a batsmens paradise the Indians feel quickly.

David Warner with a century in the second innings. He is in phenomenal form. Australia building a big lead here.

Nathan Lyon has been bowling superbly this morning and throughout this test match. IMO since Warnie and MacGill retired he has been our best spinner.

Erasmus must go away and adjust his LBW perception. He simply has no idea about what is out.

Lyon just got 2 wickets in his last over. The game isn't over yet.

Erasmus must go away and adjust his LBW perception. He simply has no idea about what is out.

He is fucking useless. It is too the point that I hope he is cheating because if he is that fucking incompetent and with him being one of the most respected umpires we are in trouble

What a magnificent victory this is up there with all the other great wins of the past I've experienced. Taking 8 wickets in the final session to beat a set Indian team that looked on course for victory in the aftermath of Phillip Hughes and without Clarke is just sensational. Lyon the man of the match and rightly so.

UNDER THE SOUTHERN CROSS I STAND

Never thought Lyon was capable of such an innings, particularly given how mediocre he's been on spin friendly pitches in the past. Full credit to him, hope that it changes him as a bowler.

Great test match. Had everything you could want and really a perfect tribute to Phillip Hughes.

Nathan Lyon has been bowling superbly this morning and throughout this test match. IMO since Warnie and MacGill retired he has been our best spinner.

Yet if he doesn't get 13 wickets in Brisbane, he will be the first guy called to get dropped.

Yet if he doesn't get 13 wickets in Brisbane, he will be the first guy called to get dropped.

Will he even be in the side to play the Gabba test ?

A bit of a green top expected due to all this weather we've been having.

If Watson and Marsh are in the side that gives us 5 paceman, is a 6th needed

Time to bring in Hazelwood for Siddle. More bounce at the Gabba. Sidds looked spent at Adelaide. Don't know why. I think Ryno will be better for the run.

Will he even be in the side to play the Gabba test ?

A bit of a green top expected due to all this weather we've been having.

Pretty sure he will play, he gets good bounce at the 'Gabba. I don't think it will be that green- it's been ready for two weeks so KMJ has had to keep it from drying out.

What an epic test match and an awesome win for Australia. I am really glad Nathan Lyon got the monkey off his back and bowled us to victory in the second dig. I think Siddle will be finding himself out of the side for the Gabba test. Hazlewood should enjoy the bounce at the Gabba. I am shattered about Clarkey doing his right hamstring. I really hope he can make it back to playing test cricket but reality is he could be done. I know he will try his best to get back. We need him there for next years Ashes. Overall the Adelaide test was a fitting tribute to Phillip Hughes and it was pretty special just to see the pics of the team singing the team song on the #408 painted on the Adelaide Oval.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Galah
  • LGH
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.