CRICKET First Test- Australia v South Africa

I feel like there has been more bad batting today then good bowling. It's been a strange day.

Warner gone for a golden 😲

Gotta feel sorry for the next opener having to come in against India and England

On no prep, no Shield games again. Bulls next game is the 9/02 and first Test is 9/2.

Crazy day of cricket yesterday and I think the loss of Smudge late could bring a quick'ish end to the innings.

The Aussies will want a lead of at least 100, but I could just as easily see SA run through the rest of the batting for under 200 and leaving Head stranded.

Thinking SA will start the day with Robada and Nortje who look by far their most threatening, which means Head and Green have to survive about 8-10 overs this morning and hope to get some runs when Ngidi comes on.

I thought Jansen was getting it into good areas, but there was a lack of swing, so it will be interesting to see if he has other weapons at his disposal or if he's a bit of a Starc that is reliant on swing.

Maharaj was getting targeted heavily when he came on and was the pressure release that Head and Smith accelerated from, so I cant see him getting another bowl this innings unless it gets dire

Those dents in the pitch are interesting. This first session will make the Test. SA need to be batting by lunch and Australia need 100 runs- this session will be the best to bat. Heavy roller just been used.

Green loves batting here, big chance. His two big scores at the Gabba were built on driving.

Aussies just need to play smart here and get through Nortje... he's already bowled 3 this morning and they've laid a quick platform.

He's probably got 1-2 more overs left for this spell so they just need to see him off and dine out on the rest of the bowlers.

**** sake Green... stupid shot.

Sucked in by the full wide one on the first ball he faced off him

And now they've lost two wickets off two pretty shit balls... Nortje will get another 1-2 overs now against new batters and could keep the roll on moving

SA doing everything they can to keep Ngidi out of the attack at the moment

Feel Australia are really releasing the pressure across this first innings... batting and bowling

Fast bowlers were poor yesterday and released the pressure instead of ripping through them for under 100

Batters after doing so well yesterday get a bit too greedy and lose 2 wickets to Jansen in his first over after plundering runs in the morning.

They had an opportunity to really settle in after the blistering start this morning and bat through 1.5 sessions to take the game completely away from SA... but they're now going to find it difficult to get to 100 run lead and have kept SA in it.

Batting is likely to be best today and tomorrow, so if the Aussies come out poorly again to start the second innings they could end up having to bowl for 2 days and then chase 200 hundred odd for the win.

They're batting like they're ahead by 200 and want to get their bowling innings started, when in reality the game is very much still in the balance.

Aust innings ends meekly with a 66 run lead... so 5/73 this morning with 40 or so coming from the first half hour of the morning.

Aust bowlers better be on point coming into this second innings... half hour or so left in the first session, Aust will want at least 2 wickets, but if it goes wicketless then SA might settle in for the rest of the day

This looks plumb from Cummins... pitching inline and jagging back surely at least ump's call.

Yep ump's call... thought it was lower than that, but I guess at the Gabba height is always an issue.

That's an unplayable ball on this wicket with the amount of seam movement. Cummins just needs to keep putting it there and he'll clean up

Starc rips through with an inswinger to the right hander that pitches back as well... 300 wickets and the perfect way for him to bring it up!!

Absolutely unplayable that ball

It's pitched from outside off to hit middle and off... what a ball

I thought we squandered a massive lead but maybe not lol

Honestly this pitch is garbage. What’s the point of a (maybe) 3 day Test?

Gabba has less bowled and leg before than any ground in Australia- first two leg before and bowled- good luck South Africa.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Painin the Haas
  • Maddy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.