CRICKET First Test- Australia v South Africa

Test match starts on a Saturday and barely going to get to watch a ball bowled at work on a Monday.

Sack the groundsman.

Double wicket over for Scotty B... again!!

Two day test match, grounds keeper went too hard for the bowlers

The pitch is spicy for sure but let’s be real here, SA’s batting would struggle against Zimbabwe.

That said, surely there needs to be a serious serious discussion about whether Boland has gone past Hazlewood now.

The pitch is spicy for sure but let’s be real here, SA’s batting would struggle against Zimbabwe.
That's what I reckon too. Some of these top order dismissals look like tailenders. Jansen in at 5 down is not gonna work. We are a good chance to roll through them on much flatter pitches, this might've been SA's best chance.

That said, surely there needs to be a serious serious discussion about whether Boland has gone past Hazlewood now.
It think the pitch today would be fine as a day 1 pitch, so the curators look to be out by a day.

I don't like a pitch where days 1 & 2 are the best to bat, then it breaks up and becomes a nightmare for days 4 & 5... or doesn't do anything even on day 5. On those pitches whoever wins the toss is the only team that can win, because they have a clean runway to bat for 2 days get 500 on the board and the other team is fighting for a draw from day 3 onwards.

Last year I think the Gabba was spicy on day 1, then flattened out for 2 & 3, becoming more difficult for 4 & 5. From memory it was just as green on day 1, but ended up being ok by the end of day 1.

It's up to the batting teams to weather the storm initially and get through it. Australia still made 200 in their first innings and 250-300 should be around the score matches need for teams batting first

Big issue with this test is that both bowling attacks are elite, and one of the team's batting line up is maybe their worst ever.

I just turned it on for the first time this match ... what the **** am I seeing?

has it been an unplayable pitch or brilliant bowling or diabolical batting? it does look to be an extremely green pitch.

has a test match ever ended in less than 2 days?

I just turned it on for the first time this match ... what the **** am I seeing?

has it been an unplayable pitch or brilliant bowling or diabolical batting? it does look to be an extremely green pitch.

All 3.

All 3

Good thing I didn't get tickets for day 3 after all

2 excellent bowling attacks, one absolutely abysmal batting line up.

What an awful shot by Khawaja. Australia couldn't collapse chasing this total could they?

Well that's both openers gone for basically nothing. Warner has two more tests before announcing his 'retirement' I reckon.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.