First Test- Australia v West Indies- Hobart

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
AUSTRALIA'S TEST SQUAD
Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Adam Voges.

Not too sure how you make the Test squad having not played first class cricket in 12 months. Boland on stand-by too 7-31 last week earned his semi call up.

AUSTRALIA'S TEST SQUAD
Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Adam Voges.

Not too sure how you make the Test squad having not played first class cricket in 12 months.

Probably by being a good bowler.

Pattinson should come in for Starc if not Bird should get a recall been in top form for Tassie and is playing on his home ground. If Coulter-Nile gets picked that would be ridiculous.

When did Tim Sheens start picking the team

I've given up caring about team selections.

What a joke, Coulter-Nile is literally the potato version of Hazlewood.. Would 10000% prefer to see Jackson Bird there, especially seeing as it's in Tasmania..

Ths would be my team, assuming Hazlewood is getting rested for this one.

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Klinger
4. Smith (c)
5. Voges
6. M.Marsh
7. Nevill
8. Siddle
9. Pattinson
10. Bird
11 Lyon

NCN is no spud but his selection on the back of one good innings by Boland to get him in ticks me off. How does Bird get overlooked on his home ground where he averages under 20? Just an absolute slap in the face for the philosophy of perform consistently and you get a look in.

Is Siddle going to play? I heard somewhere that he is injured.

NCN is no spud but his selection on the back of one good innings by Boland to get him in ticks me off. How does Bird get overlooked on his home ground where he averages under 20? Just an absolute slap in the face for the philosophy of perform consistently and you get a look in.
Rod Marsh is past it and needs to go. The fact no selector was held accountable for the Ashes shambles is a disgrace.

Bird is nearly as bad as NCN. NCN has't been playing and Bird has played four games this year, 7 last year for 18 wickets, 1 game in '13/'14 and 6 games in '12/'13.

Bird has been gathering momentum slowly over the four games this year; one third of his wickets came last round. But he's lost ground. He got picked for Australia on the back of that awesome year in 2011/2012 with 53 wickets. He needs to get his body right and be producing that again. His run up has changed this year and it's helping.

Bird is certainly not consistent and hasn't produced since 2012.

Last edited:
Bird is nearly as bad as NCN. NCN has't been playing and Bird has played four games this year, 7 last year for 18 wickets, 1 game in '13/'14 and 6 games in '12/'13.

Bird has been gathering momentum slowly over the four games this year; one third of his wickets came last round. But he's lost ground. He got picked for Australia on the back of that awesome year in 2011/2012 with 53 wickets. He needs to get his body right and be producing that again. His run up has changed this year and it's helping.

Bird is certainly not consistent and hasn't produced since 2012.

Of course it's hard to produce when you are routinely injured but this year he is not and he is gaining momentum. He is quality, anyone can see that and given the injuries we have, how is picking him on a ground he excels at even remotely as risky as picking a guy who has also been injured and hasn't played first class at all this year?

In your honest opinion, who should be in?

Of course it's hard to produce when you are routinely injured but this year he is not and he is gaining momentum. He is quality, anyone can see that and given the injuries we have, how is picking him on a ground he excels at even remotely as risky as picking a guy who has also been injured and hasn't played first class at all this year?

In your honest opinion, who should be in?

It's slim out there. No one is standing out to be honest.

Behrendorff- injured
Cummins- injured
Falkner- injured
Fekete- dropped and produced 12 wickets at 40 before that.
Hilfenhaus- twos and club cricket
Sandhu- poor form- five wickets this year from 3 games

I would have gone Bird; 71 wickets at Hobart at 19.81 and leading wicket taker this year so far. He's down on pace but he is at least playing. But I disagree with the consistent argument. He hasn't been that at all.

where have all the good cricketers gone in this country?

why are all our fast bowlers so incredibly brittle ?

where have all the good cricketers gone in this country?

why are all our fast bowlers so incredibly brittle ?
I've heard that the fast bowlers get told to increase their pace of they want to play for Australia. I'd bet that causes a lot of injuries. You've gotta bowl within yourself.

I've heard that the fast bowlers get told to increase their pace of they want to play for Australia. I'd bet that causes a lot of injuries. You've gotta bowl within yourself.

It's a very very very worrying trend that we have started about this magical 140 you need to be above to play Test cricket.

In fact I'll change my answer to the above question to Chadd Sayers from SA- outswing bowler at Hobart, overcast bit green- could have a field day. 140 wickets at 24- why doesn't he get a mention- he's not fast enough is the only reason.

It's a very very very worrying trend that we have started about this magical 140 you need to be above to play Test cricket.In fact I'll change my answer to the above question to Chadd Sayers from SA- outswing bowler at Hobart, overcast bit green- could have a field day. 140 wickets at 24- why doesn't he get a mention- he's not fast enough is the only reason.
It is madness. The selectors must think that on our pathetic flat wickets that pace is the only option.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.