First Test- Australia v West Indies- Hobart

I thought it was pretty uncool to declare there. Should have just let Voges get 300 at least. Besides, batting first, shouldn't you want as many runs as possible? Get them batting twice in a row.

Was good to see the Windies put up a good fight today Roach and Bravo have put on 91 for the 7th wicket and are making the Australian bowlers work.

Yeah I hope WI dig their heels in and bat well tomorrow . Make it more interesting than that last 3 day joke .

Yeah I hope WI dig their heels in and bat well tomorrow . Make it more interesting than that last 3 day joke .

What are you talking about? That was the best match of the "summer" so far.

I thought it was pretty uncool to declare there. Should have just let Voges get 300 at least. Besides, batting first, shouldn't you want as many runs as possible? Get them batting twice in a row.

Found some even more uncool ones.

Peter May- 285.
Javed Miandad- 280
de Villiers 278
Cullian 275
Fleming 274 and he declared on himself.

Some very worrying stories from the first two days; Roach and Taylor refused to bowl up hill or from the River end. Samuels refused to walk in with the bowler and take his hands out of his pockets.

Holder is being screwed over.

Darren Bravo is a solid batsmen. I'm glad he has made some runs. I haven't watched a lot of the test because I'm barely interested.

What are you talking about? That was the best match of the "summer" so far.

I prefer a match that uses the full 5 days . A match where at least one team is battling the clock to either win or survive . 3 day tests just don't cut it IMO .

Some very worrying stories from the first two days; Roach and Taylor refused to bowl up hill or from the River end. Samuels refused to walk in with the bowler and take his hands out of his pockets.

Holder is being screwed over.

what's their problem ?

If they've got the shits with their board like the other blokes who've boycotted to play in the big bash they should buzz off ... can't have that sort of thing happening in a test

My god, no wonder we lost the Ashes after a lead-in series against the Windies ... This really isn't test standard

Also wicket looks a bit up and down . 2, wickets from balls that kept low.

Also wicket looks a bit up and down . 2, wickets from balls that kept low.

That's pretty standard for Hobart, last few years teams have had to contend with Hilly making the ball go underground and angling it back into the stumps.

Not sure what has changed to make it happen but Tasmania became very good at making it work for them.

That's pretty standard for Hobart, last few years teams have had to contend with Hilly making the ball go underground and angling it back into the stumps.

Not sure what has changed to make it happen but Tasmania became very good at making it work for them.
I suppose if you're playing with that regularly it's easier to keep out of your head. I don't mind seeing the pitch do a bit, maybe a day early here. Theyll have to think about pitch prep if they're going to go to 4 day tests

Gotta say I'm a massive Lyon fan. He's always had a great team attitude, and his bowling is getting better and better. Just the sort if offie any team would love to have.

Siddle down on pace.footing??

Last edited:
In hindsight I'm a bit disappointed we didn't let Voges keep going, he could've scored 350+ easy.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.