RANT Flegler is a lazy footballer

• Thread starter Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Start date
Like a lot of them he needs half a season in qld cup.
This same catch cry seems to becoming more and more occurent.

Just what the **** is so wrong with the Broncos system that they haven't been able to train their yongsters on how to be professional footballers.

In some part I blame the NRL for demolishing 3rd and reserve grade being played on the same day as the first graders.....getting rid of the lower grade ganmes altogether..tbh. As a club we are now seeing the results of such short sightedness.

A bunch of soft, lazy, mentally weak...spoiled brat footballers coming through.

Just what the **** is so wrong with the Broncos system that they haven't been able to train their yongsters on how to be professional footballers.

In some part I blame the NRL for demolishing 3rd and reserve grade being played on the same day as the first graders.....getting rid of the lower grade ganmes altogether..tbh. As a club we are now seeing the results of such short sightedness.

I’d say the problem is we’re recruiting athletes rather than footballers. Guys who can run and jump but don’t do the small things well

Athletes, not footballers. We sign big strong athletic kids who dominate lower grades with their size.

We don’t develop footballers.

I disagree on Carrigan. His workload alone gives him a pass.
I agree mate, he gets a pass mark.
Is a pass mark enough to be a starting 13 in the NRL though?

I feel the Broncos have become soft... verysoft

Imo, as fans, we are hanging on to hope & blind faith in our history....
Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a Bronco supporter through & through.
It's just that as much as I do my best to be a positive supporter...

Our spine is puss.
Yeah?

With the way this club has been run lately, he’ll turn up with a USB-C device but all our computers will still be rocking 3.5” floppy drives.

But be marketed as cutting edge.

Athletes, not footballers. We sign big strong athletic kids who dominate lower grades with their size.

We don’t develop footballers.
It seems like we also sign players on hype and potential. It’s like we have no plan around recruitment and retention and we just leave ourselves open to raids from other clubs.

It seems like we also sign players on hype and potential. It’s like we have no plan around recruitment and retention and we just leave ourselves open to raids from other clubs.
It's like we have FOMO for big athletic junior footballers and want to sign them all

Wasn't Nolan at Parra when they got the spoon and were busted for being over the cap.
Then we swoop in and get him .
Then he leaves and they build this current roster and he helps build another spoon roster and White signs him to 3 years .

Nepotism. Has to be.

I agree mate, he gets a pass mark.
Is a pass mark enough to be a starting 13 in the NRL though?

I feel the Broncos have become soft... verysoft

Imo, as fans, we are hanging on to hope & blind faith in our history....
Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a Bronco supporter through & through.
It's just that as much as I do my best to be a positive supporter...

Our spine is puss.
Yeah?
He has always been a stop gap 13 because we had nobody else reliable. I had this argument with a couple of people even before he got into the NRL side. He is a workhorse prop who can happen to fill in at lock. I honestly don't get how people over rate him ( although that's probably down to me and my tongue in cheek praise for him ). He isn't a flashy, off loading forward and because of this myth we kept him over Arrow I think that's what people are expecting. He's never been that type of player.

I'll keep saying it, these young forwards need a couple of old heads on the field to take the pressure off. It's madness what we are expecting them to do.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Brotherdu
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • porouian
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • kiwi2
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.