folau coming back to NRL

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
According to rlw mole he is done deal at parra... Surprised they haven't announced it tho

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
So I guess there must a new development being built out Canterbury-Bankstown way.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm guessing Folau's church boss is still negotiating how much they get from the Eels...

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Cynical of the church and religion......I like it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Cynical of the church and religion......I like it.

Particularly his religion...fucking Mormons...although i hope one becomes President of the United states tomorrow. That'd be LOL.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah all the Tongan/Morman family making decisions for him seems strange to me. Maybe he will take the Hopoate route and go on a mission for two years.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Particularly his religion...fucking Mormons...although i hope one becomes President of the United states tomorrow. That'd be LOL.
:cuckoo:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Keep up the good work Bman! Got the voice of a news presenter and given you're largely making these videos on the spot you're making some very astute points.

If Folau returns to Origin in 2013 I see him starting on the wing. He's a natural out there and if I had to pick his best position, it'd certainly be wing. However, the reality is you just can't afford to pay a player 600K+ to be a winger. Their job isn't that important and can be filled by a number of players where as centres are important and quality players don't come cheap in that position.

Watch out for Luke Kelly as well. I rate him more than Roberts and believe he'll compliment the Eels spine more in the same fashion Reynolds complimented the Rabbitohs spine.

Last edited:
dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Particularly his religion...****ing Mormons...although i hope one becomes President of the United states tomorrow. That'd be LOL.

That's rough... what did the USA ever do to you?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That's rough... what did the USA ever do to you?

220px-Twilight-dvd.jpg

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
However, the reality is you just can't afford to pay a player 600K+ to be a winger. Their job isn't that important and can be filled by a number of players where as centres are important and quality players don't come cheap in that position.

I disagree - a quality winger like folau is worth 1-2 tries a match and saves just as many under the high ball. Our biggest problem is getting points on the board, so the old "kick to folau" is worth it's weight in gold.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Players like Krisnan Inu and Jack Reed have shown you can still have success doing that exact move in the centres though.

In fact, Folau himself was doing just that in 2008 which if memory serves landed him the 08 Dally M.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
the reality is that to get a player as good as folau youre going to need to pay $600k, and the more great players you have in your team the better your chances of winning. having him on the wing allows us to keep one of our centres in centre. we're not struggling to find a good centre, we're struggling to find a good winger. folau is as good as it gets on the wing, despite him winning a dally m centre of the year award.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Players like Krisnan Inu and Jack Reed have shown you can still have success doing that exact move in the centres though.

In fact, Folau himself was doing just that in 2008 which if memory serves landed him the 08 Dally M.

Matt Orford got the dally m that year

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.