Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

Kent blames Myles headbutting Farah on NSW losing.

Kent is ranting on NRL on Fox about Myles intentionally headbutting Farah to knock him out. Who in there right mind tries to headbutt a bloke running hard at them? Jeez Kent is a tool!

I'll admit the second example was a bit sus.

The one that knocked Farah out was fair game.

Just saw a really slow-mo view of Morris' take over Boyd he definitely lost control of it into Boyd. Whatever NSW people want to cry about that was not a correct decision that cost us 6 points.

Just saw a really slow-mo view of Morris' take over Boyd he definitely lost control of it into Boyd. Whatever NSW people want to cry about that was not a correct decision that cost us 6 points.

If you want to put everything into super slow motion, you'd end up disallowing every try. Football is played in real time. In practical terms, Morris never lost control of that ball.

Agree. Even one of the commentators was about to comment on the fact there is a rule where u cant force the ball against the opposition, but then the green light came up and he didnt bother finishing lol

It was clearly lost into Boyds back before he got control and landed on the ground. It was quite clear on replays, the reason they use the video ref is to get things like that right, they got that one wrong.

I reckon if Boyd isn't there, Morris knocks that ball on. He may not have lost it in to Boyd, but I think it resting upon Boyd helps Morris gain control of it.

It was clearly lost into Boyds back before he got control and landed on the ground. It was quite clear on replays, the reason they use the video ref is to get things like that right, they got that one wrong.

You said yourself that you had to watch a REALLY slo-mo replay to pick it up. How slo-mo are we going to go to disallow a try? One single frame of footage that suggests lost control?
In real speed, and in the replays they showed during the game, it looked like a fair try.

No matter what speed you look at it, it's not a try.

He hit the ball down on to Boyd's back. Knock on.

Dukey last night I thought it wasn't a try tonights extra slow replay took me from 95% to 100% on it. Very obvious mistake.

http://www.nrl.com/official-view-origin-iii/tabid/10874/newsid/68476/default.aspx

In 2011 we added an important clause to the interpretations around obstruction plays.
The change was that: “If in the opinion of the referee or video referee the play had no effect on the scoring of a try then a try will be awarded.”
The reason for this change was that the obstruction rule had become so technical that tries were being disallowed when they shouldn’t have been.

Theres some clarification for anyone still wondering

Dukey last night I thought it wasn't a try tonights extra slow replay took me from 95% to 100% on it. Very obvious mistake.

Well, sir, I may not agree with what you have to say, sir, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it, sir.

I put bad sportsmanship up there with racism to be honest. It's the lowest form of humanity.
Did you just find a way to call me racist? :finger:

I understand where you are coming from, and from the sportsmen themselves, I expect nothing less. However, from the supporters after a fiery rivalry such as the Origin one... ain't happening mate. It's not bad sportmanship, it's pure hatred! :haha:

Probably has a lot to do with my upbringing in Europe with soccer rivalries you wouldn't believe. Try to get a Real fan to applaud anything Barca does or vice-versa.

The supporters of Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord Rotterdam arranged online to meet at some friggin potato field halfway between their cities on the eve of their match so they could belt eachother, because the security was too tight at the stadium. The ensuing field battle resulted in one death and hundreds of injuries!

I think Coxy was talking more about the booing when NSW took the stand after the game than DT's bird. But as I said before, I see no problem with the booing as long as it's on the same day as adrenalin is still running etc. Next day we can be good sports again.
Yeah, I know. I was referring to my earlier answer where I pointed out that I gave them a double bird...

This doesn't stop me to tell my mates from the blues that they can hold their head high, even if it is only for the fact that their team had me shitting myself for a while during the decider. Haven't felt like that in a while tbh... :rolleyes:

Recognising the other team's value and effort is good sportmanship. Hating their guts isn't bad sportmanship imo...

Brilliant! Now just have to send it to Freddy and his mob..

Nah, Freddy had a meeting with Bill Harrigan 2 years ago so he's an expert on obstruction and that wasn't a try...

No matter what speed you look at it, it's not a try.

He hit the ball down on to Boyd's back. Knock on.

Meh, I don't think there was ever separation between his hand and the ball. Happy enough for it to be given a try, and I certainly don't want to see every video ref referral slowed down to super slow mo - thats just not the way our game should be officiated.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.