Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

People complaining about the booing (boo farking hoo)

NSW 'fans' booed Wally Lewis, when he was running out for Australia.

I think commonsense prevailed with that try.Although Hodges ran behind Hannant,Hannant didnt exactly impede anyone.All you see is Hannant rub past Farrah and Farrah stupidly tried to milk a penalty instead of playing on.I know many times a player running behind his own player would get pulled up in the NRL but this is mainly because the decoy runner has taken someone out or obstructed play which Hannant didnt do.I am more comfortable with this try than I was with the Inglis try in game one.Although technically that was a try due to the strip/played at rule, I think commonsense should've ruled it not a try.I also have no worries with the Morris try in the corner,even though the ball touched Boyd at no stage did Morris lose control of the ball.

And as for the Tate punch,it was a b!tch-slap punch not an all out punch like the one that floored Steve Price a few years ago.Wasnt much in it even though Bird got a shiner(a well deserved one I might add).

Still don't know how I feel about that decision. I don't think Hannant influenced the play enough to deny the Blues defence a fair opportunity but by the same token they always seemed to be very strict with the call. Bit lucky it went our way but it wasn't as bad as what the commentators were making out. It was like they were at a funeral until Stewart scored.

TBH, watching Kaz's link leads me to believe it was a try. Scott didn't seem to be too affected. He was just slow.
I reckon the refs would've pulled it up if Farrah had of milked it more by falling over pretending he got taken out.Instead,it was just a slight brush on his shoulder so the ref gave the green light.

Exactly, so if Hannant isn't there Scott doesn't move toward him, instead he tries to tackle Hodges.

Whilst this is true, the advantage still was not gained by hodges running behind Hannant. The advantage was gained simply by Hannant existing, which isn't against the rules. (Not yet at least)

IMO: He read the play wrong. He wasn't expecting Hodges to still have the ball.

He put himself in a position to take on both. The question is, should he have to do that?

In all honesty, I think he had a fair shot on Hodgo and Hodgo was just too good.

Agree Force. Would be better than standing around with your arms in the air begging for a penalty. What a dumb thing to do.

Last edited:
Well, actually I've changed my mind now that I've watched Kazs' link. That's the first time I've seen that angle, great decision from Clark.

You must be reading different articles to me. I've seen ones where they said myles intentionally led with the head. ones where they said they were robbed by 2 bad calls in the series and another where they said the hodges try was the worst ruling in history

I'm reading the print edition. It's all fairly sporting actually. A mention of Myles' head, but with the intention of highlighting Farah and Creagh's courage in playing on.

I heard if Ricky signs with Canberra he will be out of the running for NSW coach. If that happened I would like to see King Laurie Daley get signed. To me he is the greatest NSW captain off all time, coaches well for Country and would add extra motivation for NSW like Mal does for QLD.

I heard if Ricky signs with Canberra he will be out of the running for NSW coach. If that happened I would like to see King Laurie Daley get signed. To me he is the greatest NSW captain off all time, coaches well for Country and would add extra motivation for NSW like Mal does for QLD.

So would I. Couldn't think of anything more laughable then seeing the dickhead that is Laurie Daley coaching origin

How is he a dickhead?. What did he do to make you so angry at him.

Has Laurie even won a game as Country coach?

Great player but don't think he'd be a good choice as coach.

Freddy 'Space Cadet' Fittler would be better.

He would be better value for our laugh factor :haha:

You only have to listen to Daley's commentary to know he isn't the sharpest tool much like Fittler. NSW should use a "figurehead" like a Daley/Fittler/Stuart to fire the team up and have someone with a brain on how to construct attack as the real mastermind like Gus Gould/Bellamy/Hasler NSW's problem has been since Gould they have no one that has both the passion and the brains for the job.

Yes, won 2 games from 3. Freddy's coaching style is to laid-back for Representative matches.

My suggestion of Freddy speaks volumes of Laurie really.

2 of 3? Wow that's a bit deceptive, I remember never really being all that impressed with Country despite having by far the better side than City.

Whilst this is true, the advantage still was not gained by hodges running behind Hannant. The advantage was gained simply by Hannant existing, which isn't against the rules. (Not yet at least)

Now that it's 7 years straight it will probably be illegal for any QLD player to exist next year.

(Dexter: Told you the more you watch it the more it is a try)

Des Hasler would be my pick for NSW coach.Flag the cant coach Origin if you're coaching NRL,thats crap.

PS,Anyone see Freddy Fitler interview Cronk after the game.You can tell he was holding back the 'pissed that they lost' emotions when asking about that drop kick...

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.