Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

There is whinging popping up - especially about the Hodges try.

And can I ask WHY did Tate get pulled up later and put on report for his punch when Hayne got overlooked in game 1 with his punce on Thurston? Is the just the colour of the jersey again?

Any article titled with this is going to be a whinge:

"Dubious referee rulings prove the knock-out blow for New South Wales in State of Origin decider "

At least Gallen can take it on the chin .. good on ya Gallen.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...f-origin-decider/story-fn31yxah-1226417495225

I don't think Hodges try was a bad call. The one player who was disadvantaged would have never made the tackle.

I don't think Hodges try was a bad call. The one player who was disadvantaged would have never made the tackle.

Farah and Scott both gave up, they expected a call and didn't play to the whistle. Scott particularly had every chance to make a play at Hodges but didn't put any effort in. One of the most gutless moments I have seen in Origin history he basically stood there and let him waltz past. If I was Ricky I would have pulled him and left him off and if I was a selector he wouldn't play ever again after something like that. Pathetic.

He wasn't even making an attempt! If he actually played on instead of appealing for a penalty then it might not have been awarded.

This.

I wouldn't have been unhappy if they didn't award the try but due to the fact that Beau Scott only really had eyes for Hodges in the play and wasn't quick enough to get across, I can see why they awarded it.

Completely agree, how he wasn't dragged straight off the field after that disgraceful effort I don't understand. Had he put in, I think he possibly could have made the tackle. I don't think Farah would have gotten near him, but Scott had every chance and didn't have the heart.

As for NSW not whinging?? It's all I've read and heard all day. I find it even more hilarious that a few are whinging about the fans booing NSW...please, are we honestly saying that's never happened to a QLD team down here?!

As for NSW not whinging?? It's all I've read and heard all day. I find it even more hilarious that a few are whinging about the fans booing NSW...please, are we honestly saying that's never happened to a QLD team down here?!

i found the booing of NSW during the presentation to be in poor taste. that's not to say NSW wouldn't (and haven't) done the same to Queensland, but that doesn't make it right. It's poor sportsmanship, poor form. It made me uncomfortable.

By all means, boo all you like before and during the game, but when it's all done and dusted, sportsmanship is a necessity.

Maybe so Coxy, but to go on and whinge about it as if they wouldn't do the same? A little hypocritical. I must say it didn't bother me at all, and hasn't bothered me when I've been at a game in Sydney and all the fans boo QLD either. It's just how it is, regardless of whether that's good or bad.

The fiery lock copped the treatment while being held down by two Maroons and afterwards questioned why they received the penalty.
lol journos at their best. he was held down by 2 maroons....but one of them was Tate lol.

What Tate did was wrong but the Punch they kept showing wasn't a real punch IMO. He seemed to act out the punch but hold the punch back and then just push his fist against his head. That is how I saw it anyway. Pretty close to being in the sin bin IMO.
eh, tate was just retaliating to firstly the tackle and then the subsequent punches thrown his way after he played the ball.

the BIG difference between Jennings and Tate, and why Tate wasnt sin binned, was that Tate wasnt the third man in - he was the first. Jennings had no right to come in and throw a punch like that.

you could see that he wanted to punch him in the head, who wouldnt - but he didnt. he was hesitating, then basically just gave him a rub of the fist on his head lol.

as for the supposed shepherd, pull the other one. for it to be a shepherd a defender actually has to be impeded. farah getting a slight tap when he was 5m away from hodges and then just throwing his arms up and crying for a penalty isnt being impeded. Scott falling for a decoy run, but not even being touched, is not a shepherd. its a decoy, thats the whole point of them! he made a bad read of it, and then put in a piss weak effort to get to hodges. he had sufficient chance to tackle him, but he just didnt cause he sucks.

i found the booing of NSW during the presentation to be in poor taste. that's not to say NSW wouldn't (and haven't) done the same to Queensland, but that doesn't make it right. It's poor sportsmanship, poor form. It made me uncomfortable.

By all means, boo all you like before and during the game, but when it's all done and dusted, sportsmanship is a necessity.
when NSW play like good sports and be gracious in defeat, maybe we wont boo them and will give them a bit of respect.

so we'll never have to respect them, and will always be within our right to boo them.

You can't run the ball behind a your own player and gain an advantage.

Farrah had SFA to do with it but Scott had to stop and make sure Hannant didn't get the ball which meant Carney kept going forward while Scott was standing still. This made the hole for Hodges, the rule is a simple one and should not be another one that gets dragged into the grey areas of referee interpretations.

Maybe the next day might be a bit much, but if it's on the same night I can understand. I know where you are coming from but years and year of dirty tactics aren't going to suddenly disappear. They've just finished watching a great game but at the same time, those off decisions, high tackles, rivalry and what ever else that might make some one's blood boil are still there and the people just react..

If it was the next day then too much... but on the night I think it's fine.

Farrah had SFA to do with it but Scott had to stop and make sure Hannant didn't get the ball which meant Carney kept going forward while Scott was standing still. This made the hole for Hodges, the rule is a simple one and should not be another one that gets dragged into the grey areas of referee interpretations.

Go and watch it again a few times, the more you watch it, the more it is a try. Scott made a big mistake and paid the price - that's what happens when you make a mistake in defence on your own try line. I don't even think Scott saw Farrah's hands go up. He could have jumped and made the tackle but he didn't...

I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever.
Sticky, Gallen and Farah have been clear examples of bad sportmanship during the whole series. NSW in general (there are exceptions such as Dukey, Twitzid and Broncoman), have not given Qld the due respect and have continuously hid behind referee decisions and other unsavory comments, like the smug and fake Qld'ers opinion column from Stuart.
As far as I'm concerned, they weren't booed enough. And yes, I gave them a double salute as well!

But the fact is there was no advantage, there was nobody obstructed, nobody who was prevented the opportunity making a tackle on Hodges. The only reason they didn't was because they stopped, put their arms out and yelled out "awwww sirrrrrr".

So unless there's a dot point in the obstruction rule that says "the defending team think there should be a penalty and so stop playing" then it was a fair try.

Go and watch it again a few times, the more you watch it, the more it is a try. Scott made a big mistake and paid the price - that's what happens when you make a mistake in defence on your own try line. I don't even think Scott saw Farrah's hands go up. He could have jumped and made the tackle but he didn't...

Watch it as many times as you like it won't change the rule. I'm happy we got the call our way but it doesn't change the fact it was the wrong ruling.

I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever.
Sticky, Gallen and Farah have been clear examples of bad sportmanship during the whole series. NSW in general (there are exceptions such as Dukey, Twitzid and Broncoman), have not given Qld the due respect and have continuously hid behind referee decisions and other unsavory comments, like the smug and fake Qld'ers opinion column from Stuart.
As far as I'm concerned, they weren't booed enough. And yes, I gave them a double salute as well!

It just comes across as a lack of grace from QLD fans. The excuse that NSW act like ***** doesn't wash with me. Very childish counterargument.

Just like I wouldn't accept QLD fans taunting Jennings et al with racial slurs just because NSW fans did it to ours in game 1.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But the fact is there was no advantage, there was nobody obstructed, nobody who was prevented the opportunity making a tackle on Hodges. The only reason they didn't was because they stopped, put their arms out and yelled out "awwww sirrrrrr".

So unless there's a dot point in the obstruction rule that says "the defending team think there should be a penalty and so stop playing" then it was a fair try.

Exactly...

It just comes across as a lack of grace from QLD fans. The excuse that NSW act like ***** doesn't wash with me. Very childish counterargument.

Just like I wouldn't accept QLD fans taunting Jennings et al with racial slurs just because NSW fans did it to ours in game 1.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah but Coxy, the second point you made about racial slurs is a stark contrast to the first point...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.