Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

Just got back from the game and what a game to be part of! Great atmosphere and result.

Few quick points i took from it:
Civo stood up and played great. Good to see!
Shillo was our best forward again, and was all series imo.
Parker was a machine. I think hes a better lock for this team than harrison coz myles does the same thing harrison does. Parker created 2 tries with his offloads.
Gillet... well hes as useless as tits on a ball. Dunno what hes doing there really.
Cronk's kicking game was atrocious. Straight down their throats all night, but hey, if u can kick a field goal like that, i dont care how u kick the rest of the game.
Thaiday clearly went into the game with the same shoulder injury. Wasnt tackling with his shoulder at all and morris burnt him.
Inglis... well what a machine. If we had a 4th game id be reluctant to move him to accommodate slater. Having said that, slater is saving fielding kicks and his defence is much better.
Hodges played the best origin game i think ive seen from him.

Pearce and carney, especially pearce, are not origin material. Neither of them make the right decisions at the right time and their kicking game is useless. It came down to farah, a hooker, to set up their tries from kicks. Hope they pick pearce every year.

The highlight of all of this, is that NSW genuinely thought they had this game won before it even began. Them getting so close just makes it that much more painful for them.

Also, how hilarious is that the NSW media is claiming Myles leads with his head and actually aimed his head at farah in the tackle that knocked him out! I've heard it all now!!!

Just got back from the game and what a game to be part of! Great atmosphere and result.

Few quick points i took from it:
Civo stood up and played great. Good to see!
Shillo was our best forward again, and was all series imo.
Parker was a machine. I think hes a better lock for this team than harrison coz myles does the same thing harrison does. Parker created 2 tries with his offloads.
Gillet... well hes as useless as tits on a ball. Dunno what hes doing there really.
Cronk's kicking game was atrocious. Straight down their throats all night, but hey, if u can kick a field goal like that, i dont care how u kick the rest of the game.
Thaiday clearly went into the game with the same shoulder injury. Wasnt tackling with his shoulder at all and morris burnt him.
Inglis... well what a machine. If we had a 4th game id be reluctant to move him to accommodate slater. Having said that, slater is saving fielding kicks and his defence is much better.
Hodges played the best origin game i think ive seen from him.

Pearce and carney, especially pearce, are not origin material. Neither of them make the right decisions at the right time and their kicking game is useless. It came down to farah, a hooker, to set up their tries from kicks. Hope they pick pearce every year.

The highlight of all of this, is that NSW genuinely thought they had this game won before it even began. Them getting so close just makes it that much more painful for them.

Also, how hilarious is that the NSW media is claiming Myles leads with his head and actually aimed his head at farah in the tackle that knocked him out! I've heard it all now!!!

You lucky lucky lucky....

Pretty spot on and NSW media.. what?!? Hope this is not a sign of crap to come.

I noticed he did it a few times in tackles and then he did it on Farrah and got him good. Whether it was a method remains to be seen, it was still dangerous and I don't know how that is any less dangerous than a shoulder that connects with the head and does the same thing. We all know that when they wrestle on the ground they are meant to butt heads with the player on the ground. Either way Farrah showed great courage to play on and almost turned the game but then probably cost the best chance we had.

So who wanted Petero dropped???

We've had this argument before. Just because we won doesn't mean had he been dropped and mcguire taken his place, we wouldve lost. Its a never know situation. Having said that he saved his best of the series for tonight and I am over the moon he did. He was great. Shillington was our best forward however imo. He puts so much speed into his runs and makes an extra 5m - 10m

Also, how hilarious is that the NSW media is claiming Myles leads with his head and actually aimed his head at farah in the tackle that knocked him out!

If he does lead with his head & aimed it at Farah, no wonder he got MOTM.

Everyone wants to headbutt Farah.

Honestly I think the highlight of the series for me was Farah standing up, blowing up at the referee and dropping the ball...then blowing up more. All this with NSW in prime position to prepare for an equaliser in the last minutes. :haha:

If he does lead with his head & aimed it at Farah, no wonder he got MOTM.

Everyone wants to headbutt Farah.

I wanted to headbutt him after he dropped the ball in great field position.

Second that Coxy! What a high light from Farah.. talk about sweet justice!!!

Still buzzing from that game. What an unreal feeling!

Left the game feeling that Qld had been way better than the score showed, but credit to NSW for putting up a great fight, and almost giving me an heart condition.

Loved the contrast between both camps at the end, and I won't be hypocrite, loved to see the blues deflated and crying away, especially Gallen, Farah and Sticky! Very surprised to see Bird so upbeat though...

Gallen was called on the stage and pretended he didn't hear, sore looser.

Civo, you are a legend. Thank you for everything, you went out the Origin Arena in the only way you could go: A Champion!

I reckon my POTS will come from Thurston, Parker, Inglis or Myles, and although no player was bad in the Qld team, but Gillett needs to gain some form and learn when a shot is on, and when it isn't. His form reflected what he has been doing at the Broncos and needs to improve massively if he wants to retain his Maroon jersey.

Thaiday is another one that needs to get his act together. His defense was pretty poor at times.

Need to watch the recording before voting the POTS and commenting any more...

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!

So who wanted Petero dropped???

Lol how did I know jeb would be the first to say that? I didn't see McGuire out on the field, I must have missed him - tell me jeb, did Civoniceva play better than McGuire in this match?

On the match - YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Too harsh on Farah - He was practically their best this series... even discarding his mother issue he didn't deserve to be the one who made 'that' mistake. I won't go as far as I feel for him but I have to admit he has earnt some points this series from some fans.

Pearce - I'm not a chastiser but maybe his still a couple of years off dominating big games... In my eyes Carney has learnt more from this series than Pearce has in two... it looks that way IMO.

Hayne - Should he be at fullback? You would probably give away some defensive positioning but surely he could be a dangerman for them at 1. I think Hayne should have been FB from 2008/09 and left him there... he would have had a solid 4 years at 1 or something... I think NSW are paying dearly for not investing in him at 1. Just a thought.

QLD:

To sum it up. QLD deliver when it counts the most. It has been the backbone to their success over this 7 year run. This is proven by the fact there has only been 1 clean sweep during this reign. We deliver when it matters most. Simple as that. Fcuk game 1 and 2. Fcuk all the BS calls (which went both ways anyway). Bottom line: Decider, 20-all, 10 minutes to go... game was there to be won. We delivered. End. of. story. Surely even the most one-eyed NSW supporter can see that.

On a side note --> No doubt NSW have bridged the gap and good on them. I think the 'no Locky' factor is immense. Qld lacked composure this series. Lockyer's safe/long kicking game was sorely missed. In saying that, Cronk will be better off next year and I think JT will want to be better next year, as AWESOME as he was, I think he knows he can do better and I think he would want to do that next year. No doubt. I really thing Origin is getting bigger and bigger in that aspect. Next year will be an epic series if this years is anything to go by.

From what I can gather on twitter it looks like Hayne plane on had a minor engine problem and didn't suffer a really bad injury. He sure went down like he had his wings clipped though.

From what I can gather on twitter it looks like Hayne plane on had a minor engine problem and didn't suffer a really bad injury. He sure went down like he had his wings clipped though.

Poor Parra, they dont deserve this.

It's great that when our forwards muscle up, Stuart's lack of props gameplan gets exposed. NSW forwards didn't have too much of an impact with the exception of Gallen, it was their backs who had to get them out of trouble most of the time.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • marw
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.