Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

Why wasn't Paul Gallen invited to come up on stage at the end?. Was it because of the reception he got last year or something.

PS: Congragulations to Mal Meninga and the QLD team on a fantastic series. The great rivalry between the Blues and Maroons will rage on forever. To my boys NSW, I'm so proud of you. You busted your guts in all 3 matches and showed that NSW pride. Let's get them next year.

He didn't come on to the winners podium because he lost.

Wait for the whinge fellas.

We built Civ city
We built Civ city on souther forwards

Yep, Brett proved me wrong massively. First good game he had in Blue.

I thought Creagh was good too when he came on after his concussion, bloody brave, earned some browny points after THAT 09 incident.

Apart from Gillet, don't know if there was a bad player for any side.

Last edited:
Why wasn't Paul Gallen invited to come up on stage at the end?. Was it because of the reception he got last year or something.

PS: Congragulations to Mal Meninga and the QLD team on a fantastic series. The great rivalry between the Blues and Maroons will rage on forever. To my boys NSW, I'm so proud of you. You busted your guts in all 3 matches and showed that NSW pride. Let's get them next year.

I thought he was he was just too busy sucking on lemons thinking of excuses in the background?

Good captain, he stood at the back of his team while they all milled around, good lead Gal ya ****.

Gillett is an unguided missile. He needs to be taught structure and discipline. Aside from which I don't see any set plays involving his considerable talent. He seems lost.

Great effort from our boys but just fell short (and to the right). The greatest team in Rugby League History does it again. A few excuses can be mentioned but it is pointless. We just failed when we had the chance and Farrah made 2 magicial touches that lead to tries and stuffed up twice that gave up a try and dropped the ball in great field position.

Well done to QLD again.

I didn't say they caved in - their attack was sloppy and disorgansed for most of the 2nd half, exactly as the commentators observed. They are at their best in broken play and kicks.

Yes; but I wouldn't attribute that to pressure. I'd point the finger at fatigue.
It was actually when the pressure was on in the last ten minutes that they really came to life, actually.

Pretty sure they asked Gallen up and he just stood there. Which was good, because I don't really want to hear from him.

Great game. Everyone on both sides not named Gillett was sensational.

**** those Morris twins were brilliant. Looks like Hayne may have done his knee as well.

And yet he got up and played the ball with it. He won a lot of respect from me with that. I've always thought he lacked heart, but that was just tough.

Yes; but I wouldn't attribute that to pressure. I'd point the finger at fatigue.
It was actually when the pressure was on in the last ten minutes that they really came to life, actually.

Sure there was fatigue, but they just had no consistent structure in the 2nd half - unlike in the first 20 minutes.

At the moment, they are great in broken play. Next year, they will have improved 200% with this experience.

That was Parker's best game, ever. He was a machine!

You mean the last 10-15 minutes when the refs gave them absolute run of the green?

Thaiday did several shocking things but still amde some decent charges. Cronk was horrible with his kicking game I thought. Super drop goal though. Gillett just looks horribly lost. Hard to say he isn't up to it when he has been playing equally as shit for the Broncos of late. Shillington was dreadful for the most part. Parker is a gun. Super offloads and works his butt off.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • davidp
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mieko
  • Swordfish
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.