Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

Sure there was fatigue, but they just had no consistent structure in the 2nd half - unlike in the first 20 minutes.

At the moment, they are great in broken play. Next year, they will have improved 200% with this experience.

Absolutely. If the selectors stick with the same side, and Ricky stays on as coach, they'll improve in leaps and bounds.
They were definitely flattered by QLD's poor form this year. Last year's Maroons probably would've wrapped up the series in Sydney. If Cronk and Thurston click they'll take it to another level and it will be even tougher for NSW to get close.

Thaiday did several shocking things but still amde some decent charges. Cronk was horrible with his kicking game I thought. Super drop goal though. Gillett just looks horribly lost. Hard to say he isn't up to it when he has been playing equally as shit for the Broncos of late. Shillington was dreadful for the most part. Parker is a gun. Super offloads and works his butt off.

My thoughts exactly. Thaiday gave NSW 14 points or so through his errors and lack of discipline. But then again, he hasnt been that good for the Broncos either. Gillett was just not up to it and clearly showed what everyone though - that Taylor should have been preferenced to Gillett. If his club form improves, I'm sure he will do better in origin, but clearly he needs to get form before he gets picked for origin again. Teo was solid with his limited opportunities too. And Parker, well he reinforced why I have always wanted him rather than Harrison these last couple of years.

Beads said:
Shillington was dreadful for the most part.

What? Really? Gee, that's a harsh thing to say. I thought he was the best metre eating prop out of both sides. Made one or two mistakes but otherwise very good IMO.

Watching Sportsline on Fox.

Just had the QLD after game interviews, soon it will be Ricky & Gallen.

Absolutely. If the selectors stick with the same side, and Ricky stays on as coach, they'll improve in leaps and bounds.
They were definitely flattered by QLD's poor form this year. Last year's Maroons probably would've wrapped up the series in Sydney. If Cronk and Thurston click they'll take it to another level and it will be even tougher for NSW to get close.

Agree with you. Carney will have benefited enormously. At the same time, I really think Pearce is on thin ice. He played ok, but IMO, NSW can do much better.

I'm inclined to agree, but a part of me thinks they are better off without Stuart. This isn't meant as a dig at NSW whinging, but I sort of get the feeling that NSW take a bad call and turn it into something costly, whereas QLD seem to take it more in their stride and get on with the game sooner.

With 2 minutes to go and the play in QLD's 40, Robbie Farah shouldn't be trying to gesticulate with the refs about something that happened in the play the ball. And we all saw what happened as a result. Unfair on Farah to single him out, but I think it's a bit representative of a kind of mindset that Stuart does more to instill than remove. I would fear a Hasler coached NSW team much more than a Stuart coached team, though I do think if they stick with the same players they'll go even better next year.

Watching sportsline on Fox.

Had the QLD after game interviews, soon it will be Ricky & Gallen.

Keep us updated please - let's see what he spits out.

If I were a NSW supporter then I would be very disappointed in the NSW kicking game.

I'm inclined to agree, but a part of me thinks they are better off without Stuart. This isn't meant as a dig at NSW whinging, but I sort of get the feeling that NSW take a bad call and turn it into something costly, whereas QLD seem to take it more in their stride and get on with the game sooner.

With 2 minutes to go and the play in QLD's 40, Robbie Farah shouldn't be trying to gesticulate with the refs about something that happened in the play the ball. And we all saw what happened as a result. Unfair on Farah to single him out, but I think it's a bit representative of a kind of mindset that Stuart does more to instill than remove. I would fear a Hasler coached NSW team much more than a Stuart coached team, though I do think if they stick with the same players they'll go even better next year.

Exactly - they just have that feel to them, it definitely comes from Ricky?

I'm inclined to agree, but a part of me thinks they are better off without Stuart.

I think since Ricky took over, the Blues are complaining & whinging more. (Just like Ricky did, when he played.)

Ricky didn't really whinge. (But I have a habit of going deaf, when he talks)

Gallen was down, but didn't whinge.

I think Qld play because they love it, while NSW play as if they have a point to prove. That's Stuart for sure. I agree with AriG that a Hasler coached side (this side pretty much) would be a much greater threat.

Blues on now.

Ricky is lost for words.

Says they prepared well but it doesn't mean jack when it comes to the win.

Doesn't think either side deserved to lose & only one side has to deal with the terrible side of emotion.

He's proud of his boys & reckons they're close.

Reckons they lost it in the final 15 of the first half.

Paid tribute to the field goal, called it a cracker.

Knew his side would come back, but needed more.

Gallen's turn.

Rates it as one of the best game he's been involved in.

Blames the try to JT for hurting them. They did the job for 4 tackles but let them get away with one tackle which they scored off the back of. It sums up where they're at.

Didn't blame the refs.

But now he brings up another call about a 'strip'

However, quick to point out the Scott call and says the refs didn't play a part in a cracking game of footy.

Asked about Hayne, Stuart has no answers.

Stuart back

Reflecting on all the good plays. Apparently confused Josh & Brett Morris. Brett took the compliment, heh.

Mentions he was out there till the final minute because he wanted to be there.

Congratulates Qld on their humility. Apparently the Maroons came over and interacted with them. Specifically mentions JT & Myles.

Asked about Farah, definitely an Origin player.

Loves Origin, doesn't love this moment but he loves the series.

That's it.

I think Qld play because they love it, while NSW play as if they have a point to prove.

Maybe if NSW players cut out the crap in tackles & whinging at every little thing & concentrate on just playing football, they will win a series.

That was a solid game of footy.

7 In a row. What an amazing feeling. QUEENSLANDER!

Totally agree, you now they say about sh@t flowing downhill. The mindset of the NSW team is to blame somebody else, Gallen challenges every call and points to an incident which he feels should have gone their way, the first thing Farah did when he dropped that ball, blame the linesman. It's not the mentality of a winning culture.
and it comes from the top.

Blues on now.

Ricky is lost for words.

Says they prepared well but it doesn't mean jack when it comes to the win.

Doesn't think either side deserved to lose & only one side has to deal with the terrible side of emotion.

He's proud of his boys & reckons they're close.

Reckons they lost it in the final 15 of the first half.

Paid tribute to the field goal, called it a cracker.

Knew his side would come back, but needed more.

Gallen's turn.

Rates it as one of the best game he's been involved in.

Blames the try to JT for hurting them. They did the job for 4 tackles but let them get away with one tackle which they scored off the back of. It sums up where they're at.

Didn't blame the refs.

But now he brings up another call about a 'strip'

However, quick to point out the Scott call and says the refs didn't play a part in a cracking game of footy.

Asked about Hayne, Stuart has no answers.

Stuart back

Reflecting on all the good plays. Apparently confused Josh & Brett Morris. Brett took the compliment, heh.

Mentions he was out there till the final minute because he wanted to be there.

Congratulates Qld on their humility. Apparently the Maroons came over and interacted with them. Specifically mentions JT & Myles.

Asked about Farah, definitely an Origin player.

Loves Origin, doesn't love this moment but he loves the series.

That's it.

That's actually really refreshing to hear. Hope that is where it stays with none of this "but I hadn't see the replay at that time" stuff.

Thanks for posting Pete.

If the selectors stick with the same side, and Ricky stays on as coach, they'll improve in leaps and bounds.

I think the selectors should flick Pearce.

If they do, they will improve in leaps & bounds.

On the series overall we were fortunate to win.

Farah proved himself a grub and the Qld players had had enough tonight. Myles got him with a well aimed head clash.

Gillett looks like he's achieved a goal and clocked off, I just can't believe how far down on form he is.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Spoon
  • Big Del
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • kiwibronco
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fatboy
  • achievedrap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.