Game 3 Spoilers

Twiztid said:
Hold on a minute. When did I say it was as bad as Poore or worse? I haven't even seen WTF Poore has done to give an answer on it.

I was basing it on the solo event that it was, because everyone is calling NSW players grubs but some QLDers are not even looking at their own Wally Lewis medal winner who is just as bad. Yes it ended in a nudge(he was swinging that leg to his head though), but if this was a NSW player he would be a grub for kicking out.

Twiztid said:
I just watched a highlights on youtube trying to find this Justin Poore thing. That break away that Inglis makes and gets tackled by Noddy over the sideline, Inglis gives Noddy a kick to the head. Not a big hit by any means but just as grubby.

Just as grubby as what then?

Flutterby said:
I know they said the other night they didn't award the try before JT's kick; but what I am saying is in the Parra-Souths one they showed, it is pretty much the exact same timing between being ball being planted and player being kicked as the origin one - so they have changed their mind about when they consider a try scored.

I actually think (like you if you believe he didn't knock on) that the 8 point ruling was fair enough Wed night - but I fully believe Parra should have been given an 8 point try as well.

That's what I'm saying. In the Williams case the kick happened BEFORE the ball was grounded. In the Souths case the kick happened AFTER the ball was grounded.

That's the difference.

I disagree, IMO - both happened at the same time as the ball being grounded.

Nah it's clearly different if I remember the Souths one right. In the Souths incident, ball had touched the grass before foot made contact with the player.

In this case, the foot clearly makes contact prior to the ball being planted on the grass.

I didn't see it that way in the footage they showed last night, so unless you've seen a different angle, going to have to agree to disagree.

The difference I see between the souths one and the SOO one is that Merritt came in with a sliding kick. he was trying to slide his foot under the get the ball out and I don't think he made contact with the players face but maybe the players body.

Now with the SOO case, thurston came in not with a sliding kick but more of a swining kick. he did have some force behidn it which I think made it look 10times worse then what Merritt did. Thurston no doubt didn't want to kick Williams in the head but he did...and thats the dangers of doing something stupid like that.

Playboy Bunny said:
The difference I see between the souths one and the SOO one is that Merritt came in with a sliding kick. he was trying to slide his foot under the get the ball out and I don't think he made contact with the players face but maybe the players body.

Now with the SOO case, thurston came in not with a sliding kick but more of a swining kick. he did have some force behidn it which I think made it look 10times worse then what Merritt did. Thurston no doubt didn't want to kick Williams in the head but he did...and thats the dangers of doing something stupid like that.
Um I'm pretty sure Reddy needed stitches, Merritt clocked him fair on the cheek and ripped it open.

I agree with Coxy - yes he knocked it on - but yes Thurston kicked him before he planted the ball. Still shouldn't have been an 8 pointer, should have been a 2 pointer. [icon_thumbs_do Refs [icon_thumbs_do

Coxy said:
Nah it's clearly different if I remember the Souths one right. In the Souths incident, ball had touched the In this case, the foot clearly makes contact prior to the ball being planted on the grass.
so what happened in the case of Jennings vs Johnson - he slid in feet first at Johnson while he was in the act of promoting the ball over the try line, but there was no penalty try?

316905.jpg

317015.jpg

also, why was Tonga not awarded a penalty try after Gidley led with the legs and knocked the ball loose, stopping what was otherwise a certain try?
317315.jpg

Tonga was diving for the try line, and Gidley purposely went in with the knees/legs to attack the ball/player. Where is the penalty try?

I agree on both counts. Not so much a penalty try on the Tonga one, because you still can't be sure he would've grounded it. But definitely a penalty.

I was sitting quite close to the scuffle at the end, so I managed to get a good photo of Creagh the Skirt:
creaghs-a-pussy.jpg

Somehow my camera managed to also capture what he was whimpering, that was an unexpected bonus.

Jeba said:
Just as grubby as what then?

Umm let's see.
  • Thurston palming the face of Barrett about 4 times (haven't heard anyone besides Rocky saying that one)[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Thurston kicking the head of Williams[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Steve Price kneeing the head of White, he has done it before in NRL games (it is his attempt to knock the arm with the ball to get a dodgy play the ball). This started the fight.[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • White and Price for the biff[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Waterhouse for coming 3rd man in[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Hodges with his swinging arm and Thurston for his neck work on Gidley in that last tackle[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Ben Cregh for a pussy push[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Crocker giving someone some face work[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Waterhouse got done for a grapple tackle (i think it was him)[/*:m:2qd1xm63]
  • Plenty of Blues and Maroon players digging elbows into heads in tackles[/*:m:2qd1xm63]

Do I honestly need to go on?

Twiztid said:
Jeba said:
[*]Hodges with his swinging arm and Thurston for his neck work on Gidley in that last tackle
Thurston got Gidley with a nice uppercut in that last tackle actually. I enjoyed it.

Lol, i can't believe you think Inglis intentionally kicked Kimmorley in the head FFS. That's laughable.

He was trying to keep his legs inside the touch-line and his boot glanced Kimmorley. It was nothing. Happens in almost every tackle.

ningnangnong said:
Lol, i can't believe you think Inglis intentionally kicked Kimmorley in the head FFS. That's laughable.
I never said he intentionally kicked him, because he doesn't kick him. He does use his foot to attack (nudge) the head of Kimmorley though, he turns around and looks at him while doing it is that intentional (who knows?). I am just saying it could have ended up a lot worse and could be seen as grubby, but because it was Inglis it is sweet. If that was Wolfman on Inglis, you all would have been "Look at that he kicked him on purpose", so get over yourself.
He was trying to keep his legs inside the touch-line and his boot glanced Kimmorley. It was nothing. Happens in almost every tackle.
So if that is how it happens in every tackle, then this new Anonymous person above views' of the attacking of knee's needs to be thrown out. Because it happens in almost every tackle near the try line and even more when the attacking player gets low to the ground, where are the defending players going to hide their knees? Jennings involvement is nothing, it looked like he slips and basically got low enough not to break his leg in a similar fashion to Justin Carney. Johnson coming in at that speed could have easier snapped his leg if he just stood there.

Twiztid said:
Jennings involvement is nothing, it looked like he slips and basically got low enough not to break his leg in a similar fashion to Justin Carney. Johnson coming in at that speed could have easier snapped his leg if he just stood there.
That's not what happened though - he didn't slip, he actually went in there intentionally sliding feet first to try and stop the try. It's instinct, and to be honest, I have no problem with it and don't think it should have been made illegal to begin with. It is illegal though, and Jennings did EXACTLY the same thing that Thurston did - NSW get a penalty try, QLD get nothing on BOTH occasions it happened to them.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.