Game 3 Spoilers

I thought the refereeing was pretty appalling last night, but I think things went both ways - they were just crap for both teams.

The Rock said:
Flutterby said:
I thought the refereeing was pretty appalling last night, but I think things went both ways - they were just crap for both teams.

Wow a Queenslander that has some brains and isn't so one eyed and stupid - I thought I'd never see the day!

Lolz. as opposed to a 'tard former QLD supporter who thinks he's as blue as the sky?

Hey Rocky,

0,,6723141,00.jpg

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Fair enough, im happy for the benefit of the doubt call, but with that said, if they think there was a possibility that he dropped it, then surely thurston gets benefit of the doubt for kicking at what he probably thought was a loose ball, and not a ball under wolfmans control

Doesn't matter, Thurston lashed out with his foot. Even if the ball was on the floor under Williams, he still can't lash out with his foot to prevent a try.

If it was clear as day Coxy, then they would have ruled no try.

If Williams was under the ball, he had already scored the try, so how can it be an 8pt try if the act of scoring the try had been completed?

Anyway, I find it funny that if you had your way, NSW would never have won that game. Wallace over Kimmorley [icon_lol1.

Jennings lead with his feet to the Dallas Johnson try and kneed him in the head. Why no 8 point try there ???????

mrslong said:
Jennings lead with his feet to the Dallas Johnson try and kneed him in the head. Why no 8 point try there ???????
It looks like he just slips over and Johnson comes through with most of the contact. That contact to a kick to the head of a player on the ground is a big difference IMO.

Poore should get 8 weeks (if not more) for lifting Price's head when he was down. There should be no going anywhere near a players head/neck when he is out cold on the ground.

I just watched a highlights on youtube trying to find this Justin Poore thing. That break away that Inglis makes and gets tackled by Noddy over the sideline, Inglis gives Noddy a kick to the head. Not a big hit by any means but just as grubby.

Twiztid said:
I just watched a highlights on youtube trying to find this Justin Poore thing. That break away that Inglis makes and gets tackled by Noddy over the sideline, Inglis gives Noddy a kick to the head. Not a big hit by any means but just as grubby.

You're kidding me. You're absolutely kidding me. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum. Inglis gives a nudge with the foot to Kimmorley's head, and that's as bad as Piss Poore picking Price up when he is lying on the deck unconscious, and maybe a bad neck injury? Seriously, turn it up.

Personally, I'm one of the 'anti-Slater in rep' people. I think he is the best club footy fullback in the game right now. However the standard of quality in club footy, particularly in defense of the softer teams sometimes is appalling. Slater gets plenty of space and broken field room to perform his magic. However, this is hardly the case in origin and I do believe he gets exposed to pressure and physical domination particularly in the opening minutes - which are so important.
On the other hand, he does things that no other player can do - such as making cover tackles and scoring tries purely by his speed and acceleration.
You never know what you get with him - his a mixed bag and I don't think you need this from a fullback at rep level. This is my personal opinion - I just thing a Solid FB can set up a great platform for the opening minutes of origin. Eg. Hunt 2006 game 2 and 07 series and 08 when he started then Slater came off the bench. If we didn't have 18 starts in the first two games we could have been in trouble with Slater IMO.

I dunno why they didn't do this year what worked so well last year, and that was to start Hunt and play Slater off the bench.

1) It keeps Slater fresh against tired legs when he comes on
2) Hunt isn't wasted away on the bench
3) IMO it keeps Slater a bit more composed and he becomes less prone to being a hero
4) Hunt can handle being hammered by the forwards, Slater doesn't have the frame for it

I know it didn't really matter in this series but IMO we would've gotten more out of both of these players if we stuck with that tactic.

^
Totally agree - I was the only one who thought this way between my mates but they are Slater fans. The problem I have with Slater fans is they deadset want Slater there 'hoping' he can pull off those miracle plays he does often and club level. Sure every now and then he pulls out a stunning play but Slater fans are blinded by his kick return exposure in the Origin Arena. He gets tired from running angling and getting belted. When he does run straight like Hunt he just gets monstered and it kills him. (eg. Game 1 2008)

Emma said:
Flutterby said:
And Joey's view

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

The nucleus of this side will be there for the Blues in game I next year with the knowledge they have knocked over a committed and fired-up Queensland on their own home ground. It's a massive deal for us.

This bit made me LOL. If origin history has taught us anything it's that the next NSW origin team will resemble nothing like the most recent NSW origin team.
[icon_lol1.

Now, my memory of the night may be somewhat clouded by the million XXXX's and vodkas I had, but I'm fairly certain that NSW did the same thing in 2007....we all know how the following year turned out for them! [icon_lol1.

That is what I was thinking about too Emma - but surely NSW won't make that mistake again? Without a doubt they WILL pick Hayne, Gidley, Watmough, Creagh, O'Donnell - the ones who are really causing QLD some trouble... things could turn ugly next year if they pick Kimmorley and Barrett again, their experience did show.
Totally unfair what they did to Wallace and Campese though. ABSOULTELY disgraceful as far as I'm concerned.Totally unfair to pick them in the first place to do a job against a gun team then just kick them out to dry. Poor imo, poor.

Jeba said:
Twiztid said:

You're kidding me. You're absolutely kidding me. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum. Inglis gives a nudge with the foot to Kimmorley's head, and that's as bad as Piss Poore picking Price up when he is lying on the deck unconscious, and maybe a bad neck injury? Seriously, turn it up.

Hold on a minute. When did I say it was as bad as Poore or worse? I haven't even seen WTF Poore has done to give an answer on it.

I was basing it on the solo event that it was, because everyone is calling NSW players grubs but some QLDers are not even looking at their own Wally Lewis medal winner who is just as bad. Yes it ended in a nudge(he was swinging that leg to his head though), but if this was a NSW player he would be a grub for kicking out.

Actually on the Footy Show last night they showed an incident from the Parra-Souths (I think) game earlier in the season where pretty much the same thing happened - Parra scored in corner, Souths player came sliding in and got him in the head just after he scored - about the same amount of time as Thurston on Williams the other night; and no 8 point try - the refs (same on-field and video ref as Wed night) discussed it and decided try had been scored before infringement, therefore not 8 point try. So inconsistency comes to the fore again. It's stuff like this why people are so fed up with the referees. Different referees with a slight different interpretation or view I can kind of accept in these 50/50 calls - but the exact same refs with the exact same scenario and 2 completely opposite decisions (and both times they say they were right) is just not on.

Flutterby said:
Actually on the Footy Show last night they showed an incident from the Parra-Souths (I think) game earlier in the season where pretty much the same thing happened - Parra scored in corner, Souths player came sliding in and got him in the head just after he scored - about the same amount of time as Thurston on Williams the other night; and no 8 point try - the refs (same on-field and video ref as Wed night) discussed it and decided try had been scored before infringement, therefore not 8 point try. So inconsistency comes to the fore again. It's stuff like this why people are so fed up with the referees. Different referees with a slight different interpretation or view I can kind of accept in these 50/50 calls - but the exact same refs with the exact same scenario and 2 completely opposite decisions (and both times they say they were right) is just not on.

No, the thing with the Williams one is they ruled that it went like this:

- Juggled
- Regathered
- Thurston kicked at him
- Williams planted the ball

So Thurston kicked before Williams grounded it.

Voss got it wrong thinking the try was awarded before Thurston kicked at him.

The 8-point try ruling was correct IF you don't believe Williams knocked on, which I think he did.

I know they said the other night they didn't award the try before JT's kick; but what I am saying is in the Parra-Souths one they showed, it is pretty much the exact same timing between being ball being planted and player being kicked as the origin one - so they have changed their mind about when they consider a try scored.

I actually think (like you if you believe he didn't knock on) that the 8 point ruling was fair enough Wed night - but I fully believe Parra should have been given an 8 point try as well.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.