Game 3 Spoilers

Have to agree with Jeb's comments about Smith - especially in the second half. People may not have been able to see it on the tele or from where they were sitting in the stadium, but we had a great view of - there were so many times close to our tryline that we had a massive overlap and/or other plays on on the right side of the field, Locky and JT both on that side of the ruck screaming for it, Hodges and Tonga screaming for it; and Smith consistently passed left from dummy half, without even looking right. Now maybe his shoulder injury meant he wasn't really able to pass right, but if that's the case - get someone else providing the service from dummy half.

Despite the loss I mostly enjoyed the game because of the atmosphere - especially at the end.

David Williams will be having nightmares about Greg Inglis for decades. He had a blinder.

Fair enough, im happy for the benefit of the doubt call, but with that said, if they think there was a possibility that he dropped it, then surely thurston gets benefit of the doubt for kicking at what he probably thought was a loose ball, and not a ball under wolfmans control

Nup. He lost control of that. Knock on clear as day. But because there's this shit about "no separation" when you're in the in goal they let it go.

Absolute joke decision.

I think the real turning point in the game was when we dropped it in the set after the Hodges try. I didn't like how we tried a short-side play there and Thurston put Inglis (or was it Tonga) under huge pressure with a short ball which he had to catch simultaneous to the defence hitting him - NSW scored from that set. I think that set should've just been 4 hit-ups from the forwards then a kick. Big turning point, and IMO there's nothing more frustrating than not getting to the kick after scoring points.

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Fair enough, im happy for the benefit of the doubt call, but with that said, if they think there was a possibility that he dropped it, then surely thurston gets benefit of the doubt for kicking at what he probably thought was a loose ball, and not a ball under wolfmans control

Doesn't matter, Thurston lashed out with his foot. Even if the ball was on the floor under Williams, he still can't lash out with his foot to prevent a try.

If it was clear as day Coxy, then they would have ruled no try.

Im not sure about that mate, i dont think there is a rule to kicking at a loose ball. You're not allowed to lead with the feet while a player is grounding it, but theres no rule about kicking at a loose ball, correct me if im wrong tho

Jeba said:
I think the real turning point in the game was when we dropped it in the set after the Hodges try. I didn't like how we tried a short-side play there and Thurston put Inglis (or was it Tonga) under huge pressure with a short ball which he had to catch simultaneous to the defence hitting him - NSW scored from that set. I think that set should've just been 4 hit-ups from the forwards then a kick. Big turning point, and IMO there's nothing more frustrating than not getting to the kick after scoring points.

+100000000

I said right then when they scored that was game over.

Post game wrap up:

I really enjoyed that. All the players fired up for it, there were a lot of stinks, and NSW showed that QLD don't have a trademark on passion. Regardless of the result, that's the most enjoyable Origin I've seen in ages.

Billy Slater: LOL. Some vintage Billy efforts there.
Wolfman is shit, everyone I've been telling that to all year finally agree with me after that game.
Ben Creagh is friggen awesome, but he shouldn't run away when he starts a fight. That's fairly soft.
Ennis showed tonight why he should've been there from the beginning - everyone actually noticed him, not like The Invisible Man Farah.

Coxy said:
Jeba said:

+100000000

I said right then when they scored that was game over.

I called that right when it happened. We needed to settle it down and get a good kick in but they got too creative too early. We did that quite often last night. Went wide too early without making the metres and putting NSW on the back foot.

That really was a momentum killer because we came out, scored a try and looked on top and in the blink of an eye NSW actually increased their half-time lead.

dukey said:
Post game wrap up:

I really enjoyed that. All the players fired up for it, there were a lot of stinks, and NSW showed that QLD don't have a trademark on passion. Regardless of the result, that's the most enjoyable Origin I've seen in ages.

Billy Slater: LOL. Some vintage Billy efforts there.
Wolfman is shit, everyone I've been telling that to all year finally agree with me after that game.
Ben Creagh is friggen awesome, but he shouldn't run away when he starts a fight. That's fairly soft.
Ennis showed tonight why he should've been there from the beginning - everyone actually noticed him, not like The Invisible Man Farah.
I haven't watched the game yet, but that was my impression watching it live last night.

How much did we miss our go forward? We are screwed without Price & Civa. :cry:

Well Kimmorley and Barrett actually looked dangerous. The back row carved us up the middle. All symptoms of excellent dummyhalf play IMO.

Rock, he did what he had to do. Work as part of a team.

My criticism of Thurston and Slater last night was that they tried TOO hard to do TOO much...Ennis has a tendency to do the same but he controlled it. HUGE props from me for that. One of his most mature performances.

Looks like KRudd borrowed his daughters lip balm...

0,,6723143,00.jpg

forward_pass said:
Looks like KRudd borrowed his daughters lip balm...

0,,6723143,00.jpg

Looks like he met K in the toilets...

Seriously what was that knob doing on the field? God I hate politicians swanning around with sports teams.

Yeah he should have just one what Wayne Swann did - mingle in the corporate area

Yep, that's the place for politicians, sponsors, ex-players etc.

mate, if was in a position of power id be abusing it to hang around the qld team all the time lol

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.