Game 3 Spoilers

The Rock said:
True, his form this year warrants one, even without his Origin form. Surely Hayne has got himself one. But where do you put him? Do you put him in over Boyd? Boyd's never done anything wrong at Aus level and I know how much Aus like to keep the incumbents.

Yeah but Hayne's form is irresistible. I'd put him in over Slater personally...but that won't happen. So Boyd is the man who misses out.

Aus team (if all players were fit):

1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Creagh
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Watmough
15. Hannant
16. Bailey
17. Wing

I prefer Harrison over Watmough because he's more consistent, has better ball skills and will work better with Lockyer, Smith and Thurston. Watmough tends to only do well when there's frailties in defence. He's cod ordinary against a solid defence, so he's better coming on as a replacement.

Wing was NSW's most dangerous player in game 1 and 3 IMO (other than Hayne) and would be the ideal utility.

QUEENSLANDER: Slater also gave up the try to Williams and made numerous handling errors in attack. He was poor, just admit it.

Queenslander, others in the thread were commenting on Qld's options at fullback, would you allow me to put forward an alternative, or does your man crush on slater not allow you to afford others the opportunity to have an opinion and express possible alternatives?

I think if we had got the whitewash Locky would definitely have retired from rep footy. I still have a sneaking suspicion that he will give it up and just concentrate on club footy from next year, and much as I love him as a player I agree with you that I think he should.

With regards fullbacks ATM with K going, I would have to say Slater is our best option. HOWEVER origin 2010 is a long way away - many things could change between now and then re form, injuries etc.

Thanks for logically discussing the proposal flutter. My thoughts were that with K going, we could have boyd at fullback and bring slater on as the impact player like NSW does with Wing. The other alternative I guess is that Boyd could be the utility given he can cover fullback, wing and centre. At a pinch I guess he could play lock.

Flutterby said:
I think if we had got the whitewash Locky would definitely have retired from rep footy. I still have a sneaking suspicion that he will give it up and just concentrate on club footy from next year, and much as I love him as a player I agree with you that I think he should.

With regards fullbacks ATM with K going, I would have to say Slater is our best option. HOWEVER origin 2010 is a long way away - many things could change between now and then re form, injuries etc.

Agree. Thurston has to go to five-eighth. Cronk or Prince into halfback next year.

Slater is still lay down misere for Queensland fullback next year. There's no challenger with Hunt going. And don't anyone mention Matt Bowen. He's a dynamic club player but he's proven he's not up to Origin standard, plus his body simply isn't up to it - so many injuries in recent years.

I thought Boyd had been playing really well for the Saints at fullback, he is one option. What about Zillman from the Gold Coast, not yet, but if he can stay injury free he might be an option in a few years.

Oh and Hoffman had a good game in the Residents game last night which was good to see.

Boyd is a solid player, and he wouldn't put a foot wrong (and really Queensland was hurt by Slater overplaying things a few times, when it comes off he's great, when it doesn't he's a massive liability)...but I dunno. I can't even justify demoting Slater to the bench for Boyd.

lynx000 said:
Queenslander, others in the thread were commenting on Qld's options at fullback, would you allow me to put forward an alternative, or does your man crush on slater not allow you to afford others the opportunity to have an opinion and express possible alternatives?

Sorry i didnt mean to have a personal go at u. I just think everyone is overreacting. Yeah he fucked up alot, im not denying that, but he also scored a try that only he could score, and saved numerous tries. I also forgot the tackle he pulled off on gidley when gidley picked it up on our line. 3 try saving tackles at least.

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER: Slater also gave up the try to Williams and made numerous handling errors in attack. He was poor, just admit it.

He was poor in some aspects, no shit, so was lockyer, so was smith. But as i just said he saved at least 3 tries and scored one himself. If anything, the good outweighed the bad, only just, but it did

That's cool, I personally don't mind Slater at all. He does have some mistakes in his game, but then he has those flashes of brilliance that others can't provide. Awesome try that he scored on the back of Inglis' work last night.

You said that about Crocker last game too, well, not that the good outweighed the bad, but you forgave him because of your man love for him.

If Slater ***** up again will you start to accept that he needs to wake the **** up and settle down? He's too intent on playing the hero when sometimes safety is the better part of valour.

Its a pity no other players decided to support inglis, coudlve been a very different game

Coxy said:
And don't anyone mention Matt Bowen. He's a dynamic club player but he's proven he's not up to Origin standard, plus his body simply isn't up to it - so many injuries in recent years.

Agreed 100%. Bowen has been given numerous chances to prove himself at origin level, and has failed in just about every one. Bowen seems to play to the defensive weaknesses of other NRL teams, yet in most origin games it's hard to find a weakness, at least to the extent of most NRL games (unless Wolfman is in the team).

The Rock said:
David Williams is shit. How many frigin times did Inglis beat Williams? It was embarrassing!!

Williams is one change nsw need to make. He is woeful.

Line breaks:
Greg Inglis 4
Anthony Watmough 2
Darius Boyd 2
Ben Creagh 2
Jarryd Hayne 2

He is a machine

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.