Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

You cannot seriously blame that try on him? Bird tried to push him in the face after Milford had been concussed by Oates the play before. He never missed a tackle on Frizell or anyone else before that.

I've said it a few times now but milf made 5 1 on 1 tackles in the first half.

Tedesco, Dugan and Fergosun being 3 of them. 3 blokes renowned as ball runners and all having substantial size advantage on milf.

Not to mention, he was in a team that conceded 6 tries, where far more experienced players (Cam Smith, Matt Gillett) missed multiple tackles that lead to tries.

Absolutely fucking stoked with his game, I just hope he brings it back to clubland this year and gets ready for Origin next year.

I dunno where this meme about McGuire not being good enough and supposedly too small keeps coming from. He was arguably our best forward alongside Papalii. He doesn't offload much, but no one else does either. We got spoiled by Parker being Magic Mike with the ball - it shouldn't be just one guy offloading, if offloading is part of your gameplan.

I always thought lock was more about being able to play at a high level for longer periods of time than the props.

Made 47 tackles, missed one. Only 14 hit ups. Had a shocker obviously.

**** me dead

TBH I hardly noticed him. He probably did not do much wrong and did make a couple of half breaks . He is only 22 and still developing his game as a NRL 5/8. He is just not quite there yet IMO.

I thought he did all he really could with what he had.

To me it was clear that they didn't full trust Milford to do anything other than run.

I dunno where this meme about McGuire not being good enough and supposedly too small keeps coming from. He was arguably our best forward alongside Papalii. He doesn't offload much, but no one else does either. We got spoiled by Parker being Magic Mike with the ball - it shouldn't be just one guy offloading, if offloading is part of your gameplan.

I always thought lock was more about being able to play at a high level for longer periods of time than the props.[/QUOTEir

Granted Mcguire always gives 110%and there may not be any better options ATM but lets face it he is the epitome of a work horse. If he a bigger more skilfull prop coud be found or a hard running backrower in the mould Boydner or Frazell could be found , then I would not loose any sleep in Mcguire just returning to the NRL. and continue performing as a consistent first grader

That backrower you seek is Matt Gillett.

That backrower you seek is Matt Gillett.
Speaking of Gillo, wtf is up with his missed tackles at the moment.

Missing a tonne for the Broncs and 7 tonight. He makes a lot of strong tackles but you can't be missing that many. Ever since this test when he owned NZ's soul he's been slipping

Last edited:
Speaking of Gillo, wtf is up with his missed tackles at the moment.

Missing a tonne for the Broncs and 7 tonight. He makes a lot of strong tackles but you can't be missing that many. Ever since this test when he owned NZ's soul he's been slipping

Probably injured his shoulders again

NSW pretty much played a perfect game. They showed up and meant business. The forward pack just dominated and their defense had urgency even when ahead by 24 points.

NSW pretty much played a perfect game. They showed up and meant business. The forward pack just dominated and their defense had urgency even when ahead by 24 points.

They were just too good on the night. Although some of our pack got found out. At least it will spell changes with Myles and Lillyman banished.

I thought we left Napa and Papalli off the field way too long.

Napa was really aggressive early (especially in defence) and Papalli was working really well with Milf, making plenty of ground.

by the time they returned to the field it was game over

To me it was clear that they didn't full trust Milford to do anything other than run.
That was all they were intending to do based on the lead up. We also had very little ball in the NSW 20 so hard to get a gauge of how they would've used him in attack.

I thought milf looked dangerous... whenever there was a slightly quick play the ball Cronk and Smith spread it out to Milf's side

Don't disagree with your comments about Milf..

But their defense didn't look like it was tiring too much to me...it was outstanding in the last 20

Agree NSW were strong until the end, although there was more space in those last 20 mins.

Very off game from Smith. A lot of bad options.

Milf was excellent - such a shame he went off. It's depressing enough to lose after a good effort - really sucks after a stinker like that. QLD will be looking for revenge, hopefully Thurston is fit and I'd go with Milf on the bench.

Smith will miss a few games IMO. It wasn't remarked on during the game but he took Pearce beyond the horizontal in a dangerous tackle. If Pearce doesn't throw his arm out, he lands on his head.

Didn't even get charged

Comprehensively outplayed. NSW finally picked a capable team and played to their ability. The loss burns but you have to give them their props, almost flawless game from the Blues.

Tedesco was their standout for me. He can be a bit erratic for my tastes but he was everywhere in attack and defence. Outstanding effort to score and also to stop Gillett from scoring. Easily the best game I've ever seen him play.

Fifita obviously caused us all kind of headaches. When he pulls his finger out, he's almost unstoppable. Combined incredibly well with Maloney, who also showed his big game credentials.

On our boys, we're certainly looking at changes for Game 2. Myles is a tough bastard but he clearly struggled out there. Give Wallace a shot, we need the grunt and he's proving his mettle this year.

O'Neill was a severe let down, easily the worst of our backline and brought absolutely nothing to the table.

Gillett must be playing busted (though he deserves another shit, assuming his body is up to it) and Thaiday didn't give us what we needed off the bench.

I thought Boyd, Milf and Oates were all strong. Friendly fire from Oates on Milf a huge blow to our chances. Blues lost Pearce but Milf was arguably a bigger loss for us. Held his own in defence and created a few opportunities for us on the left. Did his future chances no disservice. Looked more capable than Morgan playing deputy to Cronk. Worth persisting with at 14 if JT is back. Need to develop hislm amongst the playing group for next year and beyond.

I can understand the argument for Boyd at fullback, and I thought his efforts were solid, kick returns were full of vigour, but our edge options were wanting.

With neither Chambers or O'Neill being particularly adept at promoting the ball, we no longer have the weapons out wide that have served us so well (Hodges, GI).

Think we need to recall Slater. Not as safe as Boyd, but does bring that explosive speed off the mark. Simply a matter of having more weapons at our disposal.

One thing that Slater brings to the team, that trick play Smith did with Cronk chasing, Slater scores that every day of the week.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.