Game I Post-Game Discussion Thread

I don't mind Gordens opinions, he's one of the better queensland commentators.

Zooplankton* really likes skirting around the fact that he had a swinging arm while two blokes were already holding him.

And he has the audacity to say "someone was gonna punch someone" well no because Myles had his hands by his side you stupid ****.

I was hoping Gordy was gonna beat the shit out of him.

*zooplankton is a very simple life form.

Anybody who whinges about Nate Myles using his head in tackles is soft and clutching at straws. They never run out of things to complain about, then they have the gall to turn around and call us sooks and whingers? So frustrating.

He was getting quite squirmish and antsy at Gordie's comments. I would've loved for him to square up to Gordie and be put on his arse!

I reckon Gordie would have knocked Gallen out no sweat. At least he can't be suspended.

Origin brings the bias out of so many fans. Myles uses his head like a gridiron helmet. He has a giant midget head, so he can't get it out of the way. To say that it isn't grubby when he leads with it is so hypocritical. If he was playing for NSW you would be screaming the joint down about it.

I don't mind the parts where he uses his head to pin the player down but when he leads with it, it is just as dangerous as a shoulder charge gone wrong. So you run the risk of someone taking offence to it and he got you back.

Plus how quickly Tallis forgets. 2009 game 3. Hodges does almost the same thing to Gidley after they put the bomb up after Price was KOed by White. If it wasn't for a few Maroons players already attacking Gidley's head, he would have fully copped it.

Last edited:
Origin brings the bias out of so many fans. Myles uses his head like a gridiron helmet. He has a giant midget head, so he can't get it out of the way. To say that it isn't grubby when he leads with it is so hypocritical. If he was playing for NSW you would be screaming the joint down about it. I don't mind the parts were he uses his head to pin the player down but when he leads it is just as dangerous as a shoulder charge gone wrong but if you keep doing it then someone will tag you with a punch.

Plus how quickly Tallis forgets. 2009 game 3. Hodges does almost the same thing to Gidley after they put the bomb up after Price was KOed by White. If it wasn't for a few Maroons players already attacking Gidley's head, he would have fully copped it.

Prove he leads with his head on purpose.

LOL ....QLD grubbery !! Practically all that photage is well within the rules

The youtube poster must be a NSW sook of grand proportions.

It is. There is absolutely ZERO footage that definitvely proves he's doing anything wrong.

Origin brings the bias out of so many fans. Myles uses his head like a gridiron helmet. He has a giant midget head, so he can't get it out of the way. To say that it isn't grubby when he leads with it is so hypocritical. If he was playing for NSW you would be screaming the joint down about it.

I don't mind the parts where he uses his head to pin the player down but when he leads with it, it is just as dangerous as a shoulder charge gone wrong. So you run the risk of someone taking offence to it and he got you back.

Leading with his head? You have to be kidding me. Every player who tackles with his shoulder has to put his head in there as well. Whether he has a bigger head than most or not, is irrelevant.

We often disagree on stuff, but you always put a good case forward. In this case, you're just clutching at straws with the Myles "head butting".

Did you also miss Gallen's swinging arm on a Nate Myles already pinned down by two other blue grubs?

And do I really have to put here another video of Gallen's grubby acts, because it could be a long sit!

Prove he leads with his head on purpose.

I would say 1.47 and 1.51 mark of that movie above is pretty good. He drops and drives up into Gallen's head at 1.47 and 1.51 he drops it to clash heads first.

Leading with his head? You have to be kidding me. Every player who tackles with his shoulder has to put his head in there as well. Whether he has a bigger head than most or not, is irrelevant.

We often disagree on stuff, but you always put a good case forward. In this case, you're just clutching at straws with the Myles "head butting".

Did you also miss Gallen's swinging arm on a Nate Myles already pinned down by two other blue grubs?

And do I really have to put here another video of Gallen's grubby acts, because it could be a long sit!

Firstly we disagree because you have a warped view of my club and I defend what I count as inaccuracies. Though I am fully accepting that is your view and if you like it then so be it. However, will you throw around the same tags if the Broncos have to start buying players? (This isn't a question to be answered here but more so a statement for you to think about.)

In regards to the head butts. Please have a look at the two mentioned times above. Download it, freeze it and watch it in slow mo. It appears to me that he makes an effort to make contact with his head first. While tackles are made and head contact does happen in many of them from time to time. Most players try to avoid head contact as much as possible or there is usually first contact from another body part.

While Myles seems to be more inclined to drop his head and drive with it like a gridiron player. Which is very dangerous to him and the player he is tackling. I just hope for his sake that he doesn't end up like Sam McKendry if he gets it wrong.

I saw Gallen's arm and I don't agree with it at all. For a former QLD enforcer, who isn't immune to being a grub on the field himself. To come out and bag him out but forget his own team doing something very similar is hypocritical on his part. Then for you guys cheer him while ignoring your own teams grubbiness is again, hypocritical.

Plus I know Gallen is a grub at Origin level (at club level I think he has tamned down a bit) but frankly you have to be because both teams are doing grubby tactics across the field. It is like the 3 man tackle, you have to do it or you can't keep up. Plus you only see more depending on which team you support and how bias you are to not seeing anything else. But hey "I'm just clutching at straws".

**** Queenslanders never say.

Piss off. I already attend on average 15 Rabbitohs games a year. We have a family tradition of all getting together and having pizza at one of our houses and watching SOO. But seeing as dad died over a year ago, my brother and I want to start going to the games and making a new tradition.

**** off. I already attend on average 15 Rabbitohs games a year. We have a family tradition of all getting together and having pizza at one of our houses and watching SOO. But seeing as dad died over a year ago, my brother and I want to start going to the games and making a new tradition.

Whoa, steady on dude. I know you're the biggest Rabbits fan and everything. It was in jest.

The reason Myles leads with his head, is because it's massive.

789668-nate-myles.jpg

Last edited:
I would say 1.47 and 1.51 mark of that movie above is pretty good. He drops and drives up into Gallen's head at 1.47 and 1.51 he drops it to clash heads first.

Firstly we disagree because you have a warped view of my club and I defend what I count as inaccuracies. Though I am fully accepting that is your view and if you like it then so be it. However, will you throw around the same tags if the Broncos have to start buying players? (This isn't a question to be answered here but more so a statement for you to think about.)

In regards to the head butts. Please have a look at the two mentioned times above. Download it, freeze it and watch it in slow mo. It appears to me that he makes an effort to make contact with his head first. While tackles are made and head contact does happen in many of them from time to time. Most players try to avoid head contact as much as possible or there is usually first contact from another body part.

While Myles seems to be more inclined to drop his head and drive with it like a gridiron player. Which is very dangerous to him and the player he is tackling. I just hope for his sake that he doesn't end up like Sam McKendry if he gets it wrong.

I saw Gallen's arm and I don't agree with it at all. For a former QLD enforcer, who isn't immune to being a grub on the field himself. To come out and bag him out but forget his own team doing something very similar is hypocritical on his part. Then for you guys cheer him while ignoring your own teams grubbiness is again, hypocritical.

Plus I know Gallen is a grub at Origin level (at club level I think he has tamned down a bit) but frankly you have to be because both teams are doing grubby tactics across the field. It is like the 3 man tackle, you have to do it or you can't keep up. Plus you only see more depending on which team you support and how bias you are to not seeing anything else. But hey "I'm just clutching at straws".
Let's leave the Souths stuff to another thread, but I think you know the answer to that question... :winky:

The fact that it's the most dangerous to him is what makes the whole argument ridiculous. He doesn't lead with the head, and I cannot in anyway see the intention in it. Your blue glasses (and I admit I have my maroon ones on) make you see things that are not there.

Just compare the effort you go to to try to prove a point, compared to the ease with which we can find grubby acts from NSW players in every single Origin game! For each Maroon grubby moment (which I don't deny exist) there are 10 blue ones, and that is something I can back up with factual footage.

[MENTION=2144]Twiztid[/MENTION]

Even if Myles does lead with his head, or twists Gallen sore knee he didn't deserve the swinging arm or being king hit twice.

If Gallen thinks he does that he should have complained to the ref, he complains to them all them all the time except, when when it 'really' matters

@Twiztid

Even if Myles does lead with his head, or twists Gallen sore knee he didn't deserve the swinging arm or being king hit twice.

If Gallen thinks he does that he should have complained to the ref, he complains to them all them all the time except, when when it 'really' matters

The funniest thing is Gallen is 'squaring up' for things happened in years gone by, yet thinks everything should be left on the field.

His argument to try and justify his actions is completely illogical.

Active Now

• Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.