Game I Queensland Origin Team

While the past couple of series have been missing something, I'm looking forward to this series.

Both sides are undergoing a changing of the guard, which should result in more exciting and unpredictible footy as the past few series have felt very repetitive. For the most part, it seems like Queensland simply does enough to win their games, as opposed to ever playing that well.

I'm really excited to see how Milford handles the big stage. Would love nothing more than a MotM performance from him.

While the past couple of series have been missing something, I'm looking forward to this series.

Both sides are undergoing a changing of the guard, which should result in more exciting and unpredictible footy as the past few series have felt very repetitive. For the most part, it seems like Queensland simply does enough to win their games, as opposed to ever playing that well.

I'm really excited to see how Milford handles the big stage. Would love nothing more than a MotM performance from him.

I'm with you on this. This year feels a much more difficult proposition. I've been so so the last few years and basically expecting a QLD win. I expect we'll need to play some good football this year to take the series. Let's hope it's not a let down.

It's almost a blessing in disguise for Milf. He has an opportunity for a soft start to his origin career as a starting 6 with out the world of expectation on his shoulders.

In the sense that he is playing as a fill in rather than the first pick of a new generation and having to prove himself at that level. He'll be given a fair bit of slack if he doesn't quite find his feet in the series.

I can see Queensland being destroyed this series. The NSW team looks way better overall.

I have actually grown to dislike Origin a lot. I used to absolutely love it. Why do I hate it now?

1. Effect on the NRL comp. Broncos playing teams like the Warriors who are full strength at only half strength.

2. How branded and over marketed it has become. For example the QRL releasing press statements about Johnathan Thurston's injury way outside the 'Origin period'.

3. How the QRL/NRL have completely gouged the fans by way of ticket prices.

4. All the BS about the 'Maroons spirit and values'. Vomit.

5. Getting rid of the fighting when it was part of what made Origin so popular in the first place.

--

Overall I am well over it. Just my opinion though and I understand most people still love it. Anyone feel like me at all?

I'm the same way, I used to enjoy it but since fighting has been eradicated, I now find it very boring. The same team wins every year, split rounds, second rate club games, the toll it takes on the Broncos every single season. Yeah, riveting stuff.[emoji58]

Spoiled brats ......maybe if you remembered what it felt like getting flogged by NSW every year or having to read how much QLD would always be considered the also rans by comparison, you wouldn't be so "tired" of watching QLD now turn the the tables.

Bring it on...year after year I say.

I can see Queensland being destroyed this series. The NSW team looks way better overall.

Now I understand why you hate SOO....you're a NSW supporter.
Upload 2017 5 28 14 48 45

Spoiled brats ......maybe if you remembered what it felt like getting flogged by NSW every year or having to read how much QLD would always be considered the also rans by comparison, you wouldn't be so "tired" of watching QLD now turn the the tables.

Bring it on...year after year I say.
No, I don't know what that feels like because I wasn't around then. I was born overseas and have lived in both states (and love them both) whereas you are obviously a born and bred Qlder. I understand your passion though and Origin is definitely a high calibre of footy but I can't fully get into it, if I was born and raised here, I would obviously be fanatical about it.

No, I don't know what that feels like because I wasn't around then. I was born overseas and have lived in both states (and love them both) whereas you are obviously a born and bred Qlder. I understand your passion though and Origin is definitely a high calibre of footy but I can't fully get into it, if I was born and raised here, I would obviously be fanatical about it.
Even the quality over the last few years has been terrible. It's not great football anymore and it constantly ruins the Broncos season.

Thurston pushing for a surprise return..

I'm not entirely sure on the rule and whether a player can play after they have been ruled out.

But if Thurston plays and Milford misses out, I'm going to be pissed.

If jt plays and milf is ruled out completely I'm buying a nsw jersey.

I won't even bother watching if that happens.

I don't think he could play even if he does get cleared fit to play.

Once he was ruled out, he was cut from the squad and replaced by Jarrod Wallace. Under the new team list rules, I think that makes him ineligible to play without an exemption from the NRL.

Thurston pushing for a surprise return..

I'm not entirely sure on the rule and whether a player can play after they have been ruled out.

But if Thurston plays and Milford misses out, I'm going to be pissed.
Is there anything to this rumour besides a fan taking a phone video of Thurston doing some sprints?

Let's not forget the hell that is gus Goulds pre game spiel that delays the kickoff by at least 15 minutes. It's cringeworthy enough to turn fans off the game.

Let's not forget the hell that is gus Goulds pre game spiel that delays the kickoff by at least 15 minutes. It's cringeworthy enough to turn fans off the game.

So true. And lets not forget the hype fest by the rest of the gang pre game. We can only relive the first origin so many times. Give it a rest please!

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Volvo Driver
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • phoenix
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Painin the Haas
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.