PRE-GAME Game II 2019

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

It's panic selections from NSW. I didn't think I would see that from Freddy.

Meanwhile in QLD they are only making forced changes but the changes they have made, I'm not a fan.

I don’t think you’ll be seeing bare foot bowls and casual hipster chai lattes. He tried to play it cool but really he’s sweating bullets

Is Scott injured at the moment? He was playing well earlier on in the year.

Injured his shoulder against Canberra in Round 11 and was set to miss six weeks.

He could be available for Game III.

Its a massive gamble from Fittler. 2 players not used to defending in the centresand Maloney next to one of them . Hello Ponga and Munster.

He has really rolled the dice on an up tempo game and mobility off the bench. There is a stack of speed and talent, I'll give him that, but it has a bigger chance to backfire than succeed.

Bed wetter or genius???

If we get a fair shake from the refs we win , can't wait for next Sunday.

Lol @ blues.

No Lodge. When will they ever get it, pick the best players. Like many before him, if he was a QLDer, he would have played by now.

Good timing for us though. Hopefully Lodge takes Saifiti’s selection personally when we line up against Newcastle in 2 weeks!

Also, our (QLD) bench is weak, we’ll need another big performance from Fifita (delivered game one, he can do it again).

But their bench is ordinary as well.

Last edited:
If not Glasby and Wallace, then who?

Glasby and Welch. I can live with Glasby being in the side but I would not have had him on the bench. We're lacking punch from that bench which is why I would have had Glasby in the starting side and Napa on the bench. Glasby either plays lock or prop. My preference would be lock because McGuire can do the same job he is currently doing at prop.

Perhaps Wallace could provide that punch but he hasn't exactly shown that yet. He was rubbish last year and I'm not convinced he's going to do much this year either.

Wow... that NSW team looks bad and to think if Pearce doesn't go down it was likely him and Cleary in the halves.

As long as the refs don't try to force a decider we should win this in a canter.

It will be interesting to see how the teams approach the travel over to WA. Could they get in the ear of the AFL teams and pick their brains on best time to travel??

Shortish turnaround for two foreign teams to figure out the impact of travel on playing squads.

Send Papalii at maloney all night and give him memories of Thaiday

Glasby and Welch. I can live with Glasby being in the side but I would not have had him on the bench. We're lacking punch from that bench which is why I would have had Glasby in the starting side and Napa on the bench. Glasby either plays lock or prop. My preference would be lock because McGuire can do the same job he is currently doing at prop.

Perhaps Wallace could provide that punch but he hasn't exactly shown that yet. He was rubbish last year and I'm not convinced he's going to do much this year either.

They want to start with Napa because he's a bigger body who provides some spark in the middle. The coaching staff have been vocal about the slow start to Game I and a part of the issue was how similar Arrow, McGuire and Papalii are to each other. Napa is a wild-card, but he'll be on to lift the Maroons.

Of the three games last year, Wallace's best game was off the bench. As you alluded to, he provides more punch than Welch and his form heading into this year's game is better than it was last year. He has to consider this a reprieve, but if he can perform to potential, I think he can be one of the best middles on the field.

NSW Game II Side
1. James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
2. Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
3. Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
4. Tom Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)
5. Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels)
6. James Maloney (Penrith Panthers)
7. Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
8. Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Paul Vaughan (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
11. Tyson Frizell (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
12. Boyd Cordner (c) (Sydney Roosters)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)

Interchange
14. Wade Graham (Cronulla Sharks)
15. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
16. Tariq Sims (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
17. Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm)

talk about panic from Freddy ...

I know Latrell wasn't the best in game one, but he is the best center in rugby league right now

Josh Morris was one of their best in game one ...

halves of Maloney and Cleary :rofl thanks Freddy

going without a Prop on the bench ... genius move :P

NSW need to stop even thinking about the word Dynasty ... because, their selectors will end it before they even get started

Freddy made a joke in the press conference that he tried to pick Braith Anasta, but he found out he was retired so he settled on Maloney.

What a way to throw Maloney and Cody Walker under the bus.

Also I think it was a funnier quip than he intended. Anasta is the type of player they would revert to in these situations (ala 2008 Game III) and he'd invariably let them down.

I wonder what Joey thinks about Cleary. His insight into halves is so good, and Cleary just seems like a dud to me these days. I wonder if there's something I'm missing.

talk about panic from Freddy ...

I know Latrell wasn't the best in game one, but he is the best center in rugby league right now

Josh Morris was one of their best in game one ...

halves of Maloney and Cleary :rofl thanks Freddy

going without a Prop on the bench ... genius move :P

NSW need to stop even thinking about the word Dynasty ... because, their selectors will end it before they even get started

I have no doubt that Freddy did us a massive favour in not picking Latrell, it seemed like he was completely set up to have a blinder in game 2 and really put it over Chambers.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.