Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We just need centers who will do their jobs. They dont have to be brilliant, just defend well and do the basics well.
Centers are definitely needed, but even then our depth is pretty shocking.

We need to come into a series with zero injuries to have a team, at least on paper, that's on par with the talent that NSW can put out

This is the side not available due to injuries / unavailability / getting knocked out / selfishness:

1. Brimson
2. Feldt
3. Mann
4. Morgan
5. Oates
6. Ponga
7. Munster
8. Flegler
9. Smith
10. Welch
11. Fifita
12. Cooper
13. McGuire

There are some players in there who would certainly help and likely some I have forgotten.

I'll start by saying Sami was absolutely horrible but it does annoy me that I am yet to see a pass to him from Capewell. There was at least a few times where Capewell got on the outside shoulder of his man and then it goes no further. The first time he tried the pass (very late game) he knocked it on. Fark hope Sami learns from that game though.

I'll start by saying Sami was absolutely horrible but it does annoy me that I am yet to see a pass to him from Capewell. There was at least a few times where Capewell got on the outside shoulder of his man and then it goes no further. The first time he tried the pass (very late game) he knocked it on. Fark hope Sami learns from that game though.

No one cares, he was shocking, no excuses. Hehe

Munster was a huge loss, especially in defence, the communication just wasn't there from Queensland. I don't know if he would have been the difference, but I think his inclusion would have allowed Hunt to play that loose forward role where he was very effective in Game I.

However it starts with the back three. You can save yourself a lot of trouble by just comparing Tedesco (238m*) and Tupou (227m*) to Holmes (111m*) and Coates (46m*). Those are just the preliminary numbers, those will change over time, but any coach will tell you plays 1-3 determine who wins the set. Queensland just never got going in that department and it made it a slog.

That's the disadvantage of picking Coates. He's getting picked for those freakish efforts but he doesn't really have the ability to churn out metres at this level. It will come, it was actually his best aspect in juniors but like Tupou it's going to take time. I also don't think his future lies on the wing either, once he works on his defence, he'll end up in the centres and be a quality player.

Would be a different side with Brimson, Holmes and Sami/Lee as back 3. Then, throw in Munster. And Welch ... Competitive.

Last edited:
No one cares, he was shocking, no excuses. Hehe
Haha fair enough, surely someone else has noticed that though. He's definitely gotten too used to Brimson's cover defence but that whole edge was poor imo. No points for Frizell going off after taking a cheap shot on his noggin?

Last edited:
Haha fair enough, surely someone else has noticed that though. He's definitely gotten too used to Brimson's cover defence but that whole edge was poor imo.

80% of the team was poor really. I only really thought Su'A, Collins and DCE were any good sadly.

He got the ball in the first half and was slow as mud.

I remember Sami running down JAC in a game.
He must be slow off the mark or the intensity of the game got to hm.

Noone's looking fast next to JAC. Especially with the space he was given. Just my opinion still think he should be dropped but I'd wager our replacements aren't going to be any better.

Absolutely lumbered when he was in the clear in an Origin game!

Also why was Kaufusi constantly on the wing?

Origin I reminded me how good it was to support a Bennett team, Origin II reminded me of what it was like to support a Bennett team when it all goes wrong.

X had a tough night but his potential is huge so we must persist with him.
Why? I mean if he starts killing it consistently, then sure, pick him. Otherwise what's wrong with leaving him out and just waiting until he develops more. He's clearly not quite physically ready yet, we might as well play with 1 less tackle.

Not much that hasn’t been said already, but I will add that as a Broncos fan I was disappointed and pissed to see Haas chirping away like he was. Not because he did it, but because he’s never shown anywhere near that level of emotion / aggression in 2 years for the Broncos.

Sure he has skill and big numbers, but he’s a big teddy bear otherwise. But he pulls on the NSW jumper and all of a sudden he’s king-ding-aling and tougher than Huge at the BHQ BBQ.

I hope Tino irons him the **** out next week.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • BroncsNBundy
  • jd87
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • MrRobot
  • Cavalo
  • Strop
  • HVbronco
  • Mustafur
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.