Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

X had a tough night but his potential is huge so we must persist with him.
Good news for this forum is they will not have to put shit on coates anymore as I believe he has already verbally committed elsewhere. Wish him well away from all this negativity

Not much that hasn’t been said already, but I will add that as a Broncos fan I was disappointed and pissed to see Haas chirping away like he was. Not because he did it, but because he’s never shown anywhere near that level of emotion / aggression in 2 years for the Broncos.

Sure he has skill and big numbers, but he’s a big teddy bear otherwise. But he pulls on the NSW jumper and all of a sudden he’s king-ding-aling and tougher than Huge at the BHQ BBQ.

I hope Tino irons him the **** out next week.

I can't stand the grub. They need to get Patty into the team to smash the filthy cockroach into the ground.

Good news for this forum is they will not have to put shit on coates anymore as I believe he has already verbally committed elsewhere. Wish him well away from all this negativity

Cool story but what has that got to do with origin 2?

Tenor 4

Welcome to the forums friend. Gun first post and I look forward to your future contributions.

Not much that hasn’t been said already, but I will add that as a Broncos fan I was disappointed and pissed to see Haas chirping away like he was. Not because he did it, but because he’s never shown anywhere near that level of emotion / aggression in 2 years for the Broncos.

Sure he has skill and big numbers, but he’s a big teddy bear otherwise. But he pulls on the NSW jumper and all of a sudden he’s king-ding-aling and tougher than Huge at the BHQ BBQ.

I hope Tino irons him the **** out next week.
To be honest keeping haas over tino is looking like a dud call, I mean he has more strings to his bow atm but he isn’t going to stay a bronco long term he’ll go back down south like they all do.

The main problem is that Munster got injured in the second minute. Why you guys overlooking the obvious.

The main problem as I see it is we have the worst roster Origin I have ever seen, and I also wonder if Bennett's conservatism also contributed to last night's total debacle.

NSW have top class in every position. We have no real class in the backs bar Munster, Gagai and Brimson, and DCE only if at his absolute best which he wasn't last night, but then he didn't have a decent 5/8 to pair with.

Holmes is a plodder in attack at FB and for mine, always has been. He's a winger. That's it. Brinson's loss was telling. Our kick returns from the back were appalling. 8m from Holmes vs hundreds from Teddy. Sami and Coates were average and not Origin level, we have NO true centres let alone quality - Gagai is not too bad but is for mine a winger. Friend is a liability when opposing Cook in a NSW game plan which exploits our lack of speed and agility in the middle. Without Grant, we are no threat in the middle, especially without Munster. Allen just has to be in the side, although our lack of quality in the centres is an enormous negative. Playing Capewell there is stupid and that was exposed last night. His only position is back row. I'd rather Tino in the centres than Capewell who I reckon would be good in the back row

If Bennett persists with the same side we get flogged by 20+ next week.

I'd pick:

Brimson if fit or Allan at the back
Lee and Holmes on the wing
Allan and Gagai in the centres
Grant at dummy half with Hunt at 14
The rest of the forwards for mine are good enough, provided we have drive from our halves and make metres from the back.

Holmes is no plodder. Look at how many tries he scored in 2018, mostly playing fullback. 22 tries in 26 games.

His problem this year is he hasn’t played enough. Last night was his 13th game this year.

Holmes is no plodder. Look at how many tries he scored in 2018, mostly playing fullback. 22 tries in 26 games.

His problem this year is he hasn’t played enough. Last night was his 13th game this year.

At this level, especially with so few games under his belt, Holmes is a plodder at FB. He didn't get involved in the game at all, no hunting around the ruck. Teddy shat all over him, but then, he is one of the very best, so understandable. Brimson is Qld's only class FB aside from Ponga

Last edited:
At this level, especially with so few games under his belt, Holmes is a plodder at FB. He didn't get involved in the game at all, no hunting around the ruck. Teddy shat all over him, but then, he is one of the very best, so understandable. Brimson is Qld's only class FB aside from Ponga

Lol you are rating Brimson off one game where they won. Capewell also looked like a superstar last week but came back down to earth fairly sharply last night.

I think we also got dominated big time in possession and field position. Their kicking game shat all over ours. Tedesco regularly started their sets off on their 30. I can’t remember a single time our kicks found grass. Add in the class of their wingers compared to ours, they just marched down the field with ease.

Have I missed something with Brimson? I thought he was already ruled out for the series?

I think we also got dominated big time in possession and field position. Their kicking game shat all over ours. Tedesco regularly started their sets off on their 30. I can’t remember a single time our kicks found grass. Add in the class of their wingers compared to ours, they just marched down the field with ease.
It's much easier to kick well when you've spent literally the entire night on the front foot and getting over the advantage line.

Ahhhhh State of Origin 2020 - Game 2 - a shining beacon highlighting everything that is wrong with the game now.

Dummy half run after dummy half run, followed by an avalanche of set restarts until the defensive team cracks.

Lets do away with playing the ball with the foot, or facing the goal line or getting to our feet before playing the ball, those things aren't important, we teach those skills to 6 year olds but top level nope.................... the NRL are so obsessed with this illusion that a fast game is a good game.

Its friggin touch football! The next rule change will be you can't get tackled as the dummy half followed by ditching of scrums.

I HATE how the game is now and what it has become.......................I stopped watching after 20 minutes........something I've never done during an origin game before.

Last edited:
Have I missed something with Brimson? I thought he was already ruled out for the series?

I have no idea. Tragedy if so. Unless Holmes seriously lifts his FB game, or Allan subs there, we are no chance.

I have no idea. Tragedy if so. Unless Holmes seriously lifts his FB game, or Allan subs there, we are no chance.
I'm really confident he's been ruled out. I think Sami will be on the chopping block so Allan would be a big chance to come in, just remains to be seen if they reshuffle Holmes or not.

Lol you are rating Brimson off one game where they won. Capewell also looked like a superstar last week but came back down to earth fairly sharply last night.

I rate Brimson on his performances with the Tits and Game 1. He is a threat running the ball against any opposition. He is all class.

Capewell, a competent back rower looked good in Game 1 ONLY because NSW were utter shite. His inadequacies as a centre were exposed last night defensively, and as part of an impotent backline attack. He plays centre, we lose, or rather, that adds to the other reasons we will get flogged - if Friend plays and Holmes continues to plod, Sami continues to be bog average or less on the wing, Coates who I love, is out of his depth. For mine, we have, without Munster and Grant at a minimum, absolutely no strike power in the backs and taking on the line up the middle.

We can match NSW in the forwards, we can match them in the middle but the issue for me is that we have - as with the Broncs, no attacking strike at all in the backs. We need to score points at the same rate as them. With those impotent backs and FB, we have no chance of that. As well, I feel Tino is wasted at lock. He should be in the back row running on the edges.

Just on the importance of the FB game, look at Tedesco - he played most of the game up front, behind the ruck, always a threat to our middle and edge. Very similar to what Slater used to do to NSW in his day. Where was Holmes? NSW use Cook and Teddy to shred us on the fringes and up the middle. We have absolutely no answer with the team last night. I am curious to see what Bennett does with this side for next week.

Last edited:
Just on the importance of the FB game, look at Tedesco - he played most of the game up front, behind the ruck, always a threat to our middle and edge. Very similar to what Slater used to do to NSW in his day. Where was Holmes? NSW use Cook and Teddy to shred us on the fringes and up the middle. We have absolutely no answer with the team last night. I am curious to see what Bennett does with this side for next week.

I’ll save you the suspense. Bennett will pick Holmes at fullback next week.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.