Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Would be a different side with Brimson, Holmes and Sami/Lee as back 3. Then, throw in Munster. Competitive.
Not a lot of concern was raised when Brimson's injury was announced. The main reaction amongst fans was "No worries, we have Holmes available for Game 2". AJ is the most explosive HB in the comp and his X factor was sadly missed tonight and his absence is massive for this young side. Holmes still has a bit of his NFL frame and he has been sluggish all year (in his limited outings). He'll be better next week and will need to be if Qld are to be successful in seven days time.

Not a lot of concern was raised when Brimson's injury was announced. The main reaction amongst fans was "No worries, we have Holmes available for Game 2". AJ is the most explosive HB in the comp and his X factor was sadly missed tonight and his absence is massive for this young side. Holmes still has a bit of his NFL frame and he has been sluggish all year (in his limited outings). He'll be better next week and will need to be if Qld are to be successful in seven days time.
I bought into Lockyer's "Val offers a better passing game" tripe. I'm sorry I clearly haven't learnt enough in my time here yet.

Was it Inala and was one Anthony Milford dudded a couple of nugs in his third Family Box for the morning?

Close, a kid ran off with Milford’s 800th nugget in a nugget eating contest, robbed him of his only accomplishment

X had a tough night but his potential is huge so we must persist with him.

He’s still too young and green. He’s had his experience now at the elite level under Wayne Bennett, he’s going to be a better player next season for sure. But for a decider we need our wings to be top notch to handle the likes of addo Carr and tupou. I’d be going with gagai and Holmes to sure up the wings.

1. Allan/Brimson
2. Holmes
3. Capewell
4. Lee
5. Gagai

Why? I mean if he starts killing it consistently, then sure, pick him. Otherwise what's wrong with leaving him out and just waiting until he develops more. He's clearly not quite physically ready yet, we might as well play with 1 less tackle.
Isn’t Wayno picking the team for a look at the future?
He and Gagai forming a nice combo.
It fell to pieces in the second half but Gagai was tackling everything in the first half.

Isn’t Wayno picking the team for a look at the future?
He and Gagai forming a nice combo.
It fell to pieces in the second half but Gagai was tackling everything in the first half.
I don't believe so, because then he wouldn't have picked Lui and Friend.
I think we've been too spoiled with many players who seem ready at a very early age. Not every player is like that though, and I don't think Coates is ready. He's only 19, he's got years ahead of him, he can develop at his own pace.

This is where the old Bennett excelled.

Back to Brisbane for a decider, backs against the wall, everyone tipping NSW to win it. Let's hope he's still got it...

This is where the old Bennett excelled.

Back to Brisbane for a decider, backs against the wall, everyone tipping NSW to win it. Let's hope he's still got it...

Clutch Bennett lost his mojo is 2015. No one recovered from that loss

Munster passed his HIA by the way, but since he lost his balance he was automatically ruled out of the game.

That should increase his chances of playing in Game III.

That music at half time sounded like NSW had already won a fairytale, interesting.
The golden boy will get player of series and fittler will be hailed the greatest origin coach😳

Once they got their get out of jail penalty (which I called coming a mile away, Sutton is ridiculously predictible with his timely penalties) the Blues were just far too good for the Maroons. They tore Queensland apart from the ruck and just kept Queensland down their own end by targeting both wingers with kicks. It brought the best out of Cleary who isn't comfortable with the general play. It also brought Walker into the game and he did an excellent job of stepping up.

One of the keys is that they got their rotation right. Haas starting was far more effective in his role and Paulo really had the Maroons on tilt towards the latter stages of the half.

I thought the Maroons were their own worst enemy at stages. Just a little pedestrian playing from behind, not putting up enough shapes and challenging the Blues down different quadrants. It was very Broncos-like where they kept going back to the middle later in the tackle.

In the end, it should have been a lot worse. It was looking like 60 odd just after Wighton scored, but the Maroons showed some ticker.

Not a surprising result, now we just have to see how both teams will shape up going into Game 3. Welch will be a nice inclusion for the Maroons, Munster will be racing the clock, I don't think he'll be right to play. It will be interesting to see if the Blues pick up any injuries.
At one stage sutton looked like he was gonna recieve a pass from a blues player....he wanted to get in on the try fest

Surely Frizzell has to be looking at a charge of some description. If he doesnt help Munster to the ground, he doesn't bang his head so hard.
Exactly. Can't believe that was missed

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.