OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

I'm loving the idea of resetting the tackle count for intentional defensive penalties. Let's see them try it when they don't get a chance to rest and reset their defensive line.

Yeah I like that idea too.

A lot of the time when a ref gives the "final warning" it seems they just stop blowing penalties, no matter how obvious, to avoid having to follow through with their threat.

The NSW media are just shitting me as they stay on point and hammer home how Qld are going to hold down in the ruck and the refs have put away the whistle and how Smith refs the game.
This is next level stuff now they sniff a chance. Daley doesn't have to say a word, he has every NSW journo who rights so much as a cooking column banging the message out.

Now now Dexty that Queensland jersey of yours is beginning to show. I was talking to Flanno on the weekend and you know what he said to me? He said before the game he was feeling really confidant against the Melbourne Storm. That is, until he saw Cameron Smith. As soon as he caught a glimpse of Smith and saw how confident he looked around the referees that was when he knew the Sharks were no chance against the Melbourne Storm down there at Shark Park.

By the way, did you hear I made the best decision of my life on Saturday? Getting down there to Shark Park and seeing 34 year old Luke Lewis and THAT run. If the Sharks hadn't have won in the final five minutes I'd be telling you how awful the game was but instead I can't believe how wrong I was. Between that and the Melbourne Storm vs North Queensland Cowboys game, the Origin period has to stay the way it is.

Now now Dexty that Queensland jersey of yours is beginning to show. I was talking to Flanno on the weekend and you know what he said to me? He said before the game he was feeling really confidant against the Melbourne Storm. That is, until he saw Cameron Smith. As soon as he caught a glimpse of Smith and saw how confident he looked around the referees that was when he knew the Sharks were no chance against the Melbourne Storm down there at Shark Park.

By the way, did you hear I made the best decision of my life on Saturday? Getting down there to Shark Park and seeing 34 year old Luke Lewis and THAT run. If the Sharks hadn't have won in the final five minutes I'd be telling you how awful the game was but instead I can't believe how wrong I was. Between that and the Melbourne Storm vs North Queensland Cowboys game, the Origin period has to stay the way it is.

And Kent was worse than that git Pete

Yeah but you know what Dex. Speaking to some of the players, they actually like where Kent is coming from. He tells it how it is from their perspective and I can tell you there's a lot of players out there who are frustrated with Cameron Smith & Johnathan Thurston. I won't name names but Benji was horrified.

Pretty sure they get 10 in the bin as well

Only if they are offside and they are running from behind the play to knock the ball down.

Otherwise, it's not a sin bin offence. Just a penalty if they are caught.

I'm loving the idea of resetting the tackle count for intentional defensive penalties. Let's see them try it when they don't get a chance to rest and reset their defensive line. Roosters, Storm and Cowboys will drop to the bottom of the ladder.
That assumes the defending team would actually let go of the player before the defensive line is set.

The referees and more so the NRL just need to show some f.cking backbone. On the second deliberate penalty to slow the ruck you get a warning next one and you're off for ten. At the moment teams are getting away with 3-4 penalties before there's even a warning... it's ridiculous.

I think half the time after a ref has given the 'warning' they just chuck the whistle away regardless of whether the defending team changes or not.

The whole thing just wreaks of cowardice on all levels with the NRL being scared shitless of the media and what they'll say about what's happening to their great game.

Wrestling is not going anywhere no matter how much the media devote to it and the referees are the only thing that can actually control it, but they're too f.cking scared.

**** me, people are actually comparing Pearce to Thurston and Locky on social media...If in 10 years time he's dominated the sport I could understand the comparisons, like the Johns v Locky stuff but seriously... He wins 1 fucken game and everyone's forgotten about his other 'outings' in this arena. **** I hope Thurston tears it up tomorrow night!!!

**** me, people are actually comparing Pearce to Thurston and Locky on social media...If in 10 years time he's dominated the sport I could understand the comparisons, like the Johns v Locky stuff but seriously... He wins 1 fucken game and everyone's forgotten about his other 'outings' in this arena. **** I hope Thurston tears it up tomorrow night!!!

He didn't even win the game. Maloney contributed alot more and Pearce went off early in the second half with a headknock while the game was still in the balance. Pearce is one of the biggest losers at Origin level. Without looking at the stats I'd say he's on par with Gallen.

The one that gets me is the Lockyer comparison.

After Lockyer's first fifteen games, he had only won five matches compared to Pearce's four or something like that.

First of all, I just love it how those draws have retroactively been treated as this black mark against Queensland. We were all alive around this point, was any Queenslander complaining about the draw? Pretending otherwise is stupid.

The other is that Lockyer was a part of four successful campaigns (98, 99, 01, 02). Pearce hasn't been involved with any and sure as anything wasn't the Player of the Series in any of those years.

I don't even disagree with Pearce's selection this time around. Of all the halves, I thought he was easily the right pick but that article just seems so skewed and false that it puts me off.

I have watched a fair few old games from the 70s and 80s and it is very obvious that the game and player skills have undoubtedly improved immensely. But some things have changed for the worse such as this blatantly walking off the mark and tunnel ball play the balls . And just when did this incessant jabbering from the refs start and why is it necessary ?

He didn't even win the game. Maloney contributed alot more and Pearce went off early in the second half with a headknock while the game was still in the balance. Pearce is one of the biggest losers at Origin level. Without looking at the stats I'd say he's on par with Gallen.

Webcke and Tallis had nothing records. Tallis won 5 out of 16 I think but I know Webcke only won 8 from 21.

Webcke and Tallis had nothing records. Tallis won 5 out of 16 I think but I know Webcke only won 8 from 21.
Maybe, but they were 2 great players at that level, winners or losers. Pearce for the most part has been a rubbish Origin player. Still find it hard to believe that after winning in'14 without him they went straight back to him.

Maybe, but they were 2 great players at that level, winners or losers. Pearce for the most part has been a rubbish Origin player. Still find it hard to believe that after winning in'14 without him they went straight back to him.

Fair point, comparing Pearce as an Origin player to Webcke or Lockyer is apples and oranges. I thought Pearce was solid in Game 1 and did his job. He has been very good this season and hopefully he gets what he deserves tomorrow night to add along to the Grand Final he has won.

Nobody with a brain is doing that it's the stupid people who probably don't even know what shape the ball is that is doing that. The amount of stupid posts on facebook and comments on the street I see and hear during Origin from people of both sides of the fence is crazy. Neighbors of mine's daughter is such a proud QLD fan and thinks that Jarryd Hayne is the QLD captain and that Thurston is a centre.

Fair point, comparing Pearce as an Origin player to Webcke or Lockyer is apples and oranges. I thought Pearce was solid in Game 1 and did his job. He has been very good this season and hopefully he gets what he deserves tomorrow night to add along to the Grand Final he has won.

Nobody with a brain is doing that it's the stupid people who probably don't even know what shape the ball is that is doing that. The amount of stupid posts on facebook and comments on the street I see and hear during Origin from people of both sides of the fence is crazy. Neighbors of mine's daughter is such a proud QLD fan and thinks that Jarryd Hayne is the QLD captain and that Thurston is a centre.

Certainly agree this year is the best he has looked in a while.

The only period where Pearce looked better was in the second half of 2014 where he was ripping teams apart.

Walters went at NSW today and particularly daley in his pre captain run press conference. Good to see. Just have a feeling we are going to come out all guns blazing and give them a massive shock.

Apparently they have been paying massive attention to fifita and tedesco at training. Calling their names out all the time. If we shut down their middle attack with offloads inside balls etc I dont see how they score in other areas. I dont rate their centers, wings and attacking structures in good ball. I like the boyd move to the left and chambers to the right center positions. Boyd can shut down dugan easily and chambers is just a beast atm on both sides of the ball. Kicking game is going to be massive and as much as I rate Pearce I think extra pressure and latitude by referees of the 10m can really get to him.

QLD by 22-10
MOM Cam Smith
First Try Gavin Cooper

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Splinter
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrRobot
  • Mustafur
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Thelmus
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.