Game III Discussion

Yeah I know but if one of them is injured this how I would go.
Otherwise Milford just have to bide his time.

Boyd can play there, Munster can play there, Morgan can play there. We have decent depth. The selections will be interesting next year for sure.

Boyd can play there, Munster can play there, Morgan can play there. We have decent depth. The selections will be interesting next year for sure.

I think Boyd should play wing.
Even though Holmes scored a hat trick, he still got that error or two in his game.
Bit sus under high ball as well.

I think Boyd should play wing.
Even though Holmes scored a hat trick, he still got that error or two in his game.
Bit sus under high ball as well.

I don't think our stock in the backs is the worry for next year, it's in the forwards. Everyone playing their asses off for a spot is a good thing.

FB IMG 1499926626261

Phil Gould was saying before Game 1 that this NSW team would go on to win the next 3 series, let alone this year's. @Morkel makes a good point. It's like the whole NSW team bought into the idea that "this is their time". I don't know if that played into their attitude at training or anything... but clearly Queensland improved as the series went on and NSW didn't.

Phil Gould was saying before Game 1 that this NSW team would go on to win the next 3 series, let alone this year's. @Morkel makes a good point. It's like the whole NSW team bought into the idea that "this is their time". I don't know if that played into their attitude at training or anything... but clearly Queensland improved as the series went on and NSW didn't.

I dont think NSW could have played much better than they did in the first game. We on the other hand, couldnt have played much worse.

Kevvie is actually going to have a bit of a dilemma next year with this side. If they are fit, he will have the most potent left side backs pairing in origin history available. It will be harsh, but surely they will replace Holmes and Morgan. Gagai and Chambers have the right side locked down, and Inglis and Boyd or just too good to leave out imo.

Have not seen the replay yet , but watched it live from the rafters and it seem to me that Qld hardly gave them a sniff. It was a relatively stress free origin for us and that's how I like it. Score line could easily have been much more. We did not have a poor performer , but a few obvious absolute stand outs .

Fabulous atmosphere at the game ,which IMO is just unmatched in any sporting contest in Australia.

Full marks to Kevie Walters for putting Munster at 6 . Kevie continues to get the job done.

Have not seen the replay yet , but watched it live from the rafters and it seem to me that Qld hardly gave them a sniff. It was a relatively stress free origin for us and that's how I like it. Score line could easily have been much more. We did not have a poor performer , but a few obvious absolute stand outs .

Fabulous atmosphere at the game ,which IMO is just unmatched in any sporting contest in Australia.

Full marks to Kevie Walters for putting Munster at 6 . Kevie continues to get the job done.

It was the essence of origin dominance. Even when Dugan scored their fluke/consolation try, I wasn't worried. The commentators all went on about NSW coming back, but I just didn't see it happening. QLD all over them.

Beautiful absolutely beautiful. The NSW dynasty lasted one game hahaha

Laurie Daley at his best at the presser
Origin you only get 3 cracks at it and no matter what you do you gotta win two games

Watching the replay, I always said if QLD shut down Fifita that we would get over the top of them.

Their forward pack was at their best when they playing off the back of the momentum that Fifita created with his runs in Game One. But when Fifita was not on the field, QLD were getting over the top of them physically and they were keeping them down their end. But we couldn't put more points on because our attack was disorganized and all over the place and too predictable, going to Cronk and Smith all of the time instead of trying to utilize Milford's best asset which is something QLD did with Munster in Game 3.

We shut down Fifita in the next two games, and the Blues forwards couldn't dominate us.

Which made Fatfita run at the backs lol

Yeah, I dunno if we really had to shut down Fifita in the first place. Seems like the ego got the better of him, and he went back to his old numpty self after game 1. Didn't want to run hard through the middle, wanted to glide around the field looking for smaller blokes. He cost them the series as much as anyone.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Financeguy
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • winslow_wong
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.