Game III Discussion

And this right here is one of the reasons why Tedesco is overrated, especially at Origin level.

His side desperately needs points, and he had a chance to deliver points. Morgan was on his own out there on the left edge and Tedesco had a chance to link up with Ferguson and get a try to give them a slight sniff of making a comeback.

But what does he do? He comes back in and tries to do it all himself despite being well covered.

TedescoSS

Possible negatives in naming the same 17? I know Origins are supposed to be just knuckling down and out-playing your opponent, but you'd have to think Cam Smith would still be nerding it up on the video sessions.

By the 3rd game, there'd be enough vision of every NSW player, every reaction to all different types of situations, and he'd be able to formulate exact moves on how to isolate players and then put them in to situations where their reactions are predicted.

I'm sure I could word it better but you get the idea. More games equals more time to figure them out.

Possible negatives in naming the same 17? I know Origins are supposed to be just knuckling down and out-playing your opponent, but you'd have to think Cam Smith would still be nerding it up on the video sessions.

By the 3rd game, there'd be enough vision of every NSW player, every reaction to all different types of situations, and he'd be able to formulate exact moves on how to isolate players and then put them in to situations where their reactions are predicted.

I'm sure I could word it better but you get the idea. More games equals more time to figure them out.

Yep and the blues didn't evolve through the series. They had their heads so far up their arses they thought they'd just turn up to game 2 and 3 and just win with the same game plan. Laurie Daley must be a pretty dumb dude in general

Yep and the blues didn't evolve through the series. They had their heads so far up their arses they thought they'd just turn up to game 2 and 3 and just win with the same game plan. Laurie Daley must be a pretty dumb dude in general

Is that Daley's job? Looks to me like the head coach is the heart and the figurehead, and the assistants do the technical work. Who's running the video for the Blues? Surely they had something more substantial than "get Tedesco one-on-one with Morgan" but it didn't look like it. As in, they didn't even go as far as the "how", just the "what". Besides that and "don't ever use your foot in the PTB", and the 2010 trick of "hold the Qld tacklers' jerseys", tactics took up too much time that was better spent prepping their media profiles for the new dynasty.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Alfie's catch! Just rewatched the 2nd half and Alfie caught the ball side on (one handed) while holding a water bottle and towel on the other.

Somebody sign him up!!

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Alfie's catch! Just rewatched the 2nd half and Alfie caught the ball side on (one handed) while holding a water bottle and towel on the other.

Somebody sign him up!!

One of the greatest ever. Those skills never go away. Would love to see footage of the catch again.

Is that Daley's job? Looks to me like the head coach is the heart and the figurehead, and the assistants do the technical work. Who's running the video for the Blues? Surely they had something more substantial than "get Tedesco one-on-one with Morgan" but it didn't look like it. As in, they didn't even go as far as the "how", just the "what". Besides that and "don't ever use your foot in the PTB", and the 2010 trick of "hold the Qld tacklers' jerseys", tactics took up too much time that was better spent prepping their media profiles for the new dynasty.

They came into this series with the mentality of "it's our time" even though they've achieved sweet FA over the last 10 years. It wasn't just the nsw team but the whole state believed it but qld had other ideas. This series was just so good lol

And this right here is one of the reasons why Tedesco is overrated, especially at Origin level.

His side desperately needs points, and he had a chance to deliver points. Morgan was on his own out there on the left edge and Tedesco had a chance to link up with Ferguson and get a try to give them a slight sniff of making a comeback.

But what does he do? He comes back in and tries to do it all himself despite being well covered.

View attachment 1581
I've been watching Teddy a bit this year and he reminds me of a quicker more agile Dugan. His passing game is no where near as bad as Dugan's, but he too often goes himself with no apparent vision to set up the outside man

But we couldn't put more points on because our attack was disorganized and all over the place and too predictable, going to Cronk and Smith all of the time instead of trying to utilize Milford's best asset which is something QLD did with Munster in Game 3.

Game 1 certainly wasn't Smiths finest hour.....nor Cooper Cronks. Makes me think if they had the same performances for Milf, as they did in the game last night for Munster....who would the press be talking up now as the next QLD no.6 for years to come. (Milford's shoulder injury aside)

Upload 2017 7 13 22 39 52

Game 1 certainly wasn't Smiths finest hour.....nor Cooper Cronks. Makes me think if they had the same performances for Milf, as they did in the game last night for Munster....who would the press be talking up now as the next QLD no.6 for years to come. (Milford's shoulder injury aside)

View attachment 1582

I think given the space Milford would have had to work with and the fact that we were always on the front foot, he would have shined like Munster did, possibly even scored a try on those breaks through the middle in the first half.

This series was the sweetest ever. Not just how our men overcame all the adversity of injury and the falling down of a few older statesman but the way they shut up the southern media. Those pricks blew their loads off one game and in my opinion 20 minutes of the 2nd. Their raving about a NSW dynasty and the comparison of Fafita to Big Arthur was just insulting for one they actually have to put a few series together and the other how fucking dare they use a QLD legend to compare to a hack like that. Use your own legends NSW oh thats right you barely have any. Then they wonder why their teams have no heart.

NSW should lay the blame squarely on Gus Gould and the rest of their dumbshit media. According to them, job was done. Dynasty started. They were talking up how we'd lost the plot and the older players had gone on too long and their new crop was perfect and had the right attitude and were a group that should play together for the next ten years.

Except now of course, the reason they lost is because Qld have this leadership group that keeps blooding new players with the right attitude and they know from the start how far they have to extend themselves. And NSW won't every win until they "get it".

I'm sorry, I thought they "got it". Getting rid of Gallen and Farah and captaining Cordner and picking Peats and having these impervious beasts that Pearce can work off, is exactly what they should have done all along, right? No, what they should have done is not thought the job was already done and that you need to constantly evolve every game and that Qld would not just let the rest of the series play out as a copy of Game 1. And that if you have fat lazy pricks like Fifita and Woods getting idolised, then eventually they're going to believe their own hype and think they can't do any wrong. Until they do something wrong.

Qld took the game to NSW and they couldn't adjust. Because their media made them think they wouldn't ever have to.
Spot on. I remember game 2 as they ran out they were all smiling and joking around, especially Fafita and Woods. Like they tought this was game set and match at home after the convincing game 1 win. I think they really did believe all the hype and just had to turn up, how much they were wrong.

They came into this series with the mentality of "it's our time" even though they've achieved sweet FA over the last 10 years. It wasn't just the nsw team but the whole state believed it but qld had other ideas. This series was just so good lol

I disagree. It was only after game 1 that they got cocky. Daley had them primed so well for game 1 that they surprised everyone. They went in to game 2 with the right attitude but thought the series was won by half time, which is when it started crumbling.

I feel a bit sorry for Daley and Cordner, they are both humble and respectful, but were drowned out by the egos in the media. I don't feel sorry for NSW though.

Yeah, wasn't it even up in their sheds, the "it's our time" plastered all over the walls. Shit, it's your time every year, the here and now. Something they just can't get right, their headspace that is.

Kevvie is the third Queensland coach to win his first two series- Beetson and Meninga did it too.

NSW had no plan B if Qld swarm in on Fafita . A 2nd man play could have exploited the rushing def ,

Mitchel Pearce ; why ?

Watching that try that Smith bombed, and the touchie was directly in line with it so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but fucking hell, I've seen worse than that let go.

I don't think it was forward. It didn't look like it left the hands forward.

I heard people say that Origin is rigged.
What is everyone's opinion on that possibility

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.