11. Josh Papalii
  12. Matt Gillett
  13. Josh McGuire
  14. DCE
  15. Coen Hess(come on for papalii)
  16. Tim Glasby
  17. Korbin Sims
  18. Felise Kaufusi
If Milford is not fit in time then I would play Munster at 5/8 and morgan at center.

I feel like most people have forgotten that DCE was good when he came off the bench, he would also add a good kicking game as JT is out.

That's the series over.

We aren't winning without JT.

Anyone think Thurston might play on now because he is going to miss his farewell?

No.

He has said he is at peace with his decision. He won't be playing next year.

Do we start to blood new talent now? Put in Munster, Kaufusi, Taylor or Hunt, Macca or Friend.

I would blood Kaufusi and Munster.

Taylor, he isn't quite ready yet. His confidence has been down a bit this year, I think he would be heavily exposed out there if we throw him in the halves in Game 3. Give him another year first.

I'm 100% on board with getting Munster in there, but I can't see us dropping anyone for Kaufusi. Glasby, Hess & Wallace weren't "great", but they won, they deserve game 3 to make a name for themselves.

Big ask without Thurston. Like Munster at centre, Norman at 5/8 if he can show some form. No DCE he is a sabetour. Morgan is best at utility, probably liability in defence for 80 minutes at centre and doesn't offer enough at five eighth. Holmes is best at left right out almost an extra man for NSW. Oates recalled. Wallace can get another chance perhaps better on bench. Need a front rower. Maybe Sims? Not opposed to Bolten or Lillyman since so short on options. Can Kafusi play in the middle? Hess was used incorrectly, let him loose on the edge in last 25.

I've made my case previously about Munster, but he is the only NATURAL left center from the options available. Gagai, Chambers, O'Neill and Morgan are all right side players with right arm carries.

Your all over it coach .
Have you noticed Gagai puts the ball on the ground with his right hand and rolls it with his left foot ? Makes me think he`s left handed / footed . Lefties usually use their step to come inside from the left side of the field . Gagai playing right side is interesting .

Andrew Fifita 16 hitups for 93 metres. We did a number on him and the scoreboard showed

I don't know if you saw it but Corey Parker was on Sterlos show last week and described exactly how Fifita played and how to shut him down.
His description was spot on and Qld did exactly what he said they would do and it worked perfectly.
It was a great insight into the behind the scenes planning that goes into footy at this level.

Munster for JT . He would have run with the team and know the plays . All Melbourne spine easier transition .
Who to replace Darius is the bigger question .

I think you'd have to go gagai if not Morgan in centres. I hope they don't give O'Neil a sos call.

I know "experts" go on about all pro footy players that play center know how to play both sides of the field. That is just crap. They might be able to stand out there and play a game but most are ineffective on both sides of the ball. It's natural to have a dominant carrying arm and palm. You can see it with Hayne. He is terrible on the left because he is a dominant right hand carry. He carved for Australia as a right center. I struggle to name a player that can dominate in the centres on both sides of the field. For that reason I don't want to see Morgan on the left. He just can't be effective. Munster screams to be picked either as the left center or the 5/8th on that side but if you pick him at 5/8th you then have to find a left center and we don't have any decent ones.

I suppose you could move Chambers but I like him on the right. And Gagai can't be moved. His carries from the back and performances on the wing have been huge. So with all that dribble I would go Norman 5/8th Munster center.

Last edited:
Last week in origin camp Andrew McCullough and Ben hunt was in the camp. May be Ben hunt in the side?

Your all over it coach .
Have you noticed Gagai puts the ball on the ground with his right hand and rolls it with his left foot ? Makes me think he`s left handed / footed . Lefties usually use their step to come inside from the left side of the field . Gagai playing right side is interesting .
Actually you might be right in gagai being left handed... someone who watched him in 20's would know as he did some goal kicking for us back then.

Makes you wonder why he's been on the right his whole career as left handed players are typically more suited to left center??

I know "experts" go on about all pro footy players that play center know how to play both sides of the field. That is just crap. They might be able to stand out there and play a game but most are ineffective on both sides of the ball. It's natural to have a dominant carrying arm and palm. You can see it with Hayne. He is terrible on the left because he is a dominant right hand carry. He carved for Australia as a right center. I struggle to name a player that can dominate in the centres on both sides of the field. For that reason I don't want to see Morgan on the left. He just can't be effective. Munster screams to be picked either as the left center or the 5/8th on that side but if you pick him at 5/8th you then have to find a left center and we don't have any decent ones.

I suppose you could move Chambers but I like him on the right. And Gagai can't be moved. His carries from the back and performances on the wing have been huge. So with all that dribble I would go Norman 5/8th Munster center.
Yep anyone claiming any center can play both sides equally as effective need only look at

Hayne who got bundled into touch on that try because he couldn't fend off chambers. Even his first try he had to drop his shoulder to protect the ball.

Val when he dropped it and got bundled into touch by fergo he had no way to fend off the inside man because of the right arm carry.

Morgan when he got held up in first half because the ball was exposed to the defender in his right arm and able to be wrapped up

Even Oates struggles as he is rarely able to fend off the inside man. Instead he reverts to brute power but the ball is exposed and able to get wrapped up.

Even Inglis I have never seen him play on the right or palm with his left hand. Gagai is left footed. Well he kicks goals with his left foot so I assume that is his dominant side. I have never seen him use his left arm to carry though he might be one of those weirdos that are different like my brother that bowls left arm in cricket and bats right handed. He was just taught like that as a child though. You can train yourself or just be gifted enough I suppose

Yep anyone claiming any center can play both sides equally as effective need only look at

Hayne who got bundled into touch on that try because he couldn't fend off chambers. Even his first try he had to drop his shoulder to protect the ball.

Val when he dropped it and got bundled into touch by fergo he had no way to fend off the inside man because of the right arm carry.

Morgan when he got held up in first half because the ball was exposed to the defender in his right arm and able to be wrapped up

Even Oates struggles as he is rarely able to fend off the inside man. Instead he reverts to brute power but the ball is exposed and able to get wrapped up.

Yep just because you can doesn't mean you should. Not enough coaches play to the strength of their players.

a little while back there was a highlights video of moga and he was playing boh sides of the field whilst carrying, fending and flick passing with both hands.... showing that he is a serious talent.

I'll be very disappointed if he leaves another full year under Bennett and he could be anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.