OFFICIAL Game III Queensland Side

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2017' started by Big Pete, Jul 3, 2017.

XXXX Maroons
    Will Chambers - Melbourne Storm
    Gavin Cooper - North Queensland Cowboys
    Cooper Cronk - Melbourne Storm
    Dane Gagai - Newcastle Knights
    Matt Gillett - Brisbane Broncos
    Tim Glasby - Melbourne Storm
    Coen Hess - North Queensland Cowboys
    Valentine Holmes - Cronulla Sharks
    Ben Hunt - Brisbane Broncos
    Josh McGuire - Brisbane Broncos
    Michael Morgan - North Queensland Cowboys
    Cameron Munster - Melbourne Storm
    Dylan Napa - Sydney Roosters
    Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
    Billy Slater - Melbourne Storm
    Cameron Smith (c) - Melbourne Storm
    Jarrod Wallace - Gold Coast Titans

Tags:
  1. 1. Billy Slater
    2. Valentine Holmes
    3. Cameron Munster
    4. Will Chambers
    5. Dane Gagai
    6. Michael Morgan
    7. Cooper Cronk
    8. Dylan Napa
    9. Cameron Smith (c)
    10. Jarrod Wallace
    11. Gavin Cooper
    12. Matt Gillett
    13. Josh McGuire

14. Ben Hunt
    15. Coen Hess
    16. Josh Papalii
    17. Tim Glasby

We all know that's what the side is going to be. What's the point of not naming it?

2. Caniffe

Caniffe

BAHAHAHHA HUNT, but no room for Oates? BAHAHAHAHA.

RIDICULOUS.

Number6 and Lebbo73 like this.
    Munster may well be the 5/8 and Morgan the centre.

I know Hunt doesn't deserve the call-up given his form, but this means we won't have Boyd either, and Ben is a better utility choice than DCE.

Regardless, the writing is on the wall for the little bitch from Brookvale, and no matter how much the Qld camp denies it publicly, almost no one in the group wants him there.

Accept likes this.
  3. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

They need a utility not a winger.

4. GKDonkey likes this.
  5. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Will Hunt even make the starting side when he comes back to the Bronx? Milford is probably gone until r20, but Hunt still mightn't make the run on side.

That should highlight just how bad his selection is.

6. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

DCE must have really dropped a massive turd in somebodys handbag

Number6 and Lebbo73 like this.
  7. Foordy

Foordy

**** DCE ... glad he missed selection

8. KnToad

KnToad QCup Player

Well there goes winning Origin this year. I really hope I'm wrong as very few things make me happier than winning Origin but I don't think so.
    As a previous poster said if we lose this series a large chunk of the blame has to go to the selectors for some poor choices in game 1 and now snubbing DCE for Hunt.
    I don't care if DCE is the stinkiest fucker going around in the NRL. He is currently running rings in his sleep around Hunt and deserves to be picked. He plays left side and has a great left foot kick so would be a great sub for Thurston.
    I don't like the guy either but not picking him because of some perceived selfishness or the rubbish that he knew all along he wasn't going to the Titans is just stupid.
    Nothing matters except putting the best possible team on the park to beat NSW especially when we at missing our talisman.

9. Foordy

Foordy

you really think a bench utility that will likely have little game time will cost QLD the series? if so, you must have a poor opinion of the rest of the QLD side

10. cakeGG

cakeGG NRL Player

Oh god. Hunt vs Pearce. (When Morgan is resting)

Many brain cells are going to be lost watching this match.

It's gonna come down to those 2 players. One of them is gonna throw the match away. However Pearce is the veteran at doing that.

Lebbo73 and Tom like this.
  11. Hunt was great for Australia off the bench. He was a turning point whenever he came on and his impact off the bench almost won us the Four Nations.

The role Hunt would have is one where he would thrive. He isn't there to control anything, isn't there to do any of the kicking or game management, he is just there to provide a bit of spark off the bench which is something he can do well despite his form against the Storm.

DCE killed his chances with a run of bad performances so now they are moving on to the next guy, who would have been Milford if he wasn't injured.

Rhino1001, Morkel, GKDonkey and 2 others like this.
  12. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

I dont disike Cameron Smith, but i have a feeling he is dictating to the selectors more than he probably should.

13. I have faith in Hunt going up against Pearce.

He has showed him up almost every time he has played against him.

Besides, I doubt Hunt will be replacing anyone in the halves.

14. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Hopefully Hunt does his job, Qld win and he gets his 2015 mojo back

Dexter likes this.
  15. Accept

Accept NRL Player

Sawtell
    Do you really think Hunt will have that sort of influence in the match? He will play 15 mins at the most if any at all and it won't be in the halves.

Foordy likes this.
  16. Astro

Astro QCup Player

Exactly this. Hunt just has to come on and provide energy from dummy half.

I do feel for Milf. Cause he would most likely have been picked if fit and probably cemented his place in the 17 going forward. Now when next series rolls around we have the same situation of tossing around 4-5 different combos in the halves/utility roll.

17. Milf will be there next season, unless he really shits the bed.

The only question is... who will partner him?

18. KnToad

KnToad QCup Player

No

I think not naming DCE is the problem not the effect Hunt may or may not have from the bench.
    Not naming DCE means putting Morgan or Munster at 6 which is my problem.
    Morgan as good as he can be on his day is not in the same class as DCE and would be playing on the wrong side.
    Munster, who I reckon will be a star one day, does not have the experience to be thrown into the cauldron of a decider against a very strong NSW team.
    I would have DCE at 6 and leave Morgs on the bench coz I reckon he's a dynamite utility. Munster at left centre to take Boyd's spot.

Like I said though. I hope I'm wrong and we sink the boot into NSW.

Ironbroncos, Dexter and BroncsFan like this.